Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The one here, bottom right, is the one that keeps tripping.

I actually need to confirm that it's killing the solar before I go kicking doors. It may be just that it's killing the Internet modem and therefore the inverter is offline and I don't get any data.

The straight line in orange is the gap from when the power got hit, to when it went back on.

So I need to knock it off and the go up to the attic and see if it is dead or not.

Most likely its your internet connection that has gone down, not the solar itself.

No internet, No monitoring.

And Daily production, I have put the extra panels on, bringing my total panel to 8.64kwp.

Generated 23.5kwh, and only exported 0.7, 9kwh into the battery and 2.5 into the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

graememk wrote: »
    And Daily production, I have put the extra panels on, bringing my total panel to 8.64kwp.

Very nice.

I'm focused on getting my battery upgrade completed first. Will decide later on whether to increase the panels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

garo wrote: »
    And that's why you need a battery :P

Nope, had a hybrid inverter and battery setup and sold them, the math of a battery simply never made financial sense for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So I need to knock it off and the go up to the attic and see if it is dead or not.

Simplest way by far to check

• Registered Users Posts: 24 banana5kin

Anyone in the meath area have annual data on a small PV install they could share? (2.5Kwh or so)

Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

I'm up in North Louth, haven't the system in a year but have a 3kw SSE install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Looks to be a scorcher here in Dublin today. I'm likely to hit 20kWh from a 4.8 E/W system. Have put 5kWh in the car already.

Looks to be a scorcher here in Dublin today. I'm likely to hit 20kWh from a 4.8 E/W system. Have put 5kWh in the car already.

Good stuff, gloom gloom gloom here in the muggy midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

slave1 wrote: »
    Good stuff, gloom gloom gloom here in the muggy midlands

Same in northwest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Ended the day at 19.1. YTD high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

18.3 today from 4.65 kWp SE/SW system. (didn't beat my best day in march at 18.8)

• Advertisement

Been crap for days here in Donegal. 9 then 5 then 6kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

17.41 on 3.6kW. About my 5th highest of all time. Absolutely stunning day.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

And the Sunny South East, I can confirm....is not sunny.
    2.9kwh generated over the last three days...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

And that's why you need a battery :P
    Nope, had a hybrid inverter and battery setup and sold them, the math of a battery simply never made financial sense for me...

Do you not have net metering in Ireland? I can't seem to find such an indication on the ESB website.
    In my case (Texas), the grid is my (unlimited) battery. Only purpose to a battery here is to keep the refrigerator cold and the lights on in a power cut (With no battery, in event of a power cut the panels are shut off, to prevent charge going up the line and electrocuting whoever's fixing the problems). A battery makes zero financial sense here.

Example:
    Yesterday's output from my system. (It's an 11.4kW system, but with the angles, it peaks at 7.9kW right now)
    prPtvgz.png

A battery charged up during the daytime with that excess production would be used for running the house at night. As you can see, I used 12kWh overnight, about the size of good battery (It's a big house). But because of net metering, I get a 1-for-1 credit of power generated for use later. (In other words, the meter goes up when I draw power from the grid, and goes backwards when I export it)

The net export to the grid, 26kWh in this case is larger than the typical battery will hold. Which works out when I have an overcast day like this one a couple days back.
    K9OwHrl.png

You can see I drew a net of nearly 17kWh that day, far more than a typical battery. I would draw upon the 'credit' 26kWh I would produce later in the week so that that 18kWh would be 'free' to me and it would reduce my credit balance accordingly.

At the end of the month, the meter is read. I pay the final amount if it went up that month, or get paid wholesale for the kWh if it's lower than the previous reading, and the system resets for the next month. No need to spend thousands on a battery for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

Do you not have net metering in Ireland? I can't seem to find such an indication on the ESB website.

No net metering here and new FIT scheme looks to be wholesale rate around 5c. But that has not been finalised yet.

Great day today 23kWh and system hit 1MWh since install.

Glorious day here in the midlands, some hazy sunshine early on but then pretty much pure sunshine.
    On my 4.1SW/3.3NE setup my previous best was 21.9 and I absolutely pissed through that and finishing up now 27.7 and I'd say about 85%-90% of that is from the SW string.
    House load covered, dishwasher on, 5 washing machine loads (two machines in the house), breakfast/teas/dinner cooking, had the power washer on for four hours etc., six showers and 14.5kWh into the hot water. Grid meter only went up one unit from 8AM till 7PM.
    Happy days

30-03-21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Not sure how to upload pics here.
    But got a full sun day today bar a little blip midday.

18.9kwh on a 4.4kw system

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day here in West and was promised cloudy all day. 35.6 kWh produced covering 5 washing loads, showers, dishwasher and all cooking for day along with 300l of hot water. just unfortunate about all the export but fit will soften that hit in summer :-)

Wee bit of a return to form today with 13.9kWh but tomorrow looks pretty crap and I'll probably finish the month on around 85% of what I had hoped for.

• Advertisement

26.9kWh so far and still drawing 720w at 7:20pm.

Long may it continue. Exported 6.9kWh though which is a pain in the ass.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Gonna be pushing 40kwh today, sw panels are still catching a lot of sun

Had the barley crusher running most of the afternoon. A batch uses 3ish kwh. Topped out at 5.4kw.

Pulled some data and looks like the power split between SW and NE is 55%-45%

As the days get longer that gap will close.

Rip roaring start to the month so far.

27.2kWh yesterday
    27.5kWh so far today with probably an hour to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

yep, love to see those blue skies, a perfect curve on the solar production in the Solax app.

Yesterday 25.5
    Today 26.2

Export is a killer though, roll on FIT.

Yeah I've generated 56.8 this month and exported 14.5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

ec_pc wrote: »
    yep, love to see those blue skies, a perfect curve on the solar production in the Solax app.

Yesterday 25.5
    Today 26.2

Export is a killer though, roll on FIT.

do you have a diverter?

Nice 28.6 today in the midlands, 12 to water, 6 to Tesla, remainder to house and 4 to grid

12 to water? Are you heating a lake??

Never takes more than about 3.5 to max my Eddi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Nice 28.6 today in the midlands, 12 to water, 6 to Tesla, remainder to house and 4 to grid

what size is the hot water cylinder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

40.8 yesterday. Think that's record return for me. So annoying to see Esb getting large chunks of my producion for now. Getting hybrid and battery this month to take some of it and fit should make up for rest from July. Tomorrow looks another beauty of a day before the cold broken weather returns next week

Advertisement