Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

davpower wrote: »
    the damage is to the railings, it looks like they are warped and the panel brackets pulled out. They are fixing it, theres a 10 year warranty on railings, mine lasted 6 weeks!

Why did they warp though.
    I'd say they made a mistake somewhere and the railing might have warped as the panel came loose and pulled the railings.

I'd have a chat with the guy fixing it and see if you can get some more info from them. Its fine to fix it this time but will they be as forthcoming in 5 years time when another Ophelia/Ellen arrives? Satisfy yourself that its done right.

Hopefully you get sorted quickly... holes in the roof are never a good thing and why I'd never do a DIY job on my slate roof. Make a mistake and you have an expensive problem on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

KCross wrote: »
    Why did they warp though.
    I'd say they made a mistake somewhere and the railing might have warped as the panel came loose and pulled the railings.

I'd have a chat with the guy fixing it and see if you can get some more info from them. Its fine to fix it this time but will they be as forthcoming in 5 years time when another Ophelia/Ellen arrives? Satisfy yourself that its done right.

Hopefully you get sorted quickly... holes in the roof are never a good thing and why I'd never do a DIY job on my slate roof. Make a mistake and you have an expensive problem on your hands.

The engineer had a look and one of the end clamps failed which pulled out of railing. Once one failed the wind lifted the panel and warped the railing which allowed further clamps to come loose pulling the remaining panels in a domino effect. All panels have been removed and slates fixed, new panels ordered and should be installed next week.

Still working from string 1 of panels which is 3.7kw so produced 12.60kwh so far today which is not bad considering all the rain down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

A mad day today consisting of gale force winds, torrential rain and bursts of blazing sunshine.

Still pulling in 700w at the minute, and 17kWh so far today.

Well after a fine run, 12, 12, 18, 20Kwh...

Back to earth with a storming 7kWh so far today.

Today will be good. Weather is to be pish for the rest of the week so this may be my last solid day for August.

524080.jpg

The 9 panels on garage are already pulling in 1.35 so once that sun gets over the top of the house to the bigger array, scorchio...

Oil is off since last night so plenty of water to heat. Washing machine is on a timer and due on in the next 10 minutes. Dishwasher is loaded and ready to roll by WiFi switch this afternoon.

Only downside is that I'm out for dinner after work so I probably won't be home until 7pm, not much excess left for the car at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

I'm curious as to what the peak current on any string is. Mine is east west and I'm not sure when if ever you see a 10 amp peak. Are STD conditions only in a lab.Solar production.jpg
    524110.jpg

Sorry guys. I need a lesson in how to embed pictures in a post rather than just attach? OK found a way to do it but its a double step.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You will never get the peak amps (10-11A) for an east or west facing string. For a south facing string like mine (I have a west one too), I get it all the time when the sky is blue around the mid day hours and not just in summer either.

Record breaking day today, lol. Didn't even break 3kWh.

Cheers storm whateveritscalled.

Also had huge consumption, running around 800w all day long. I think I've narrowed it down to the septic tank pump which is presumably being flooded due to the rain.

Also got my first post-solar bill. For the 2 months ending August 18th so only about half post solar.

This period last year was €193. This time €146.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Also had huge consumption, running around 800w all day long. I think I've narrowed it down to the septic tank pump which is presumably being flooded due to the rain.

Dont let the council hear you saying that! ;)

Your pump will burn out if you let that continue to happen, not to mind the 24/7 electricity!

Dont let the council hear you saying that! ;)
    Eh?

Your pump will burn out if you let that continue to happen, not to mind the 24/7 electricity!
    If it is the pump, (and I'm not 100% yet) then it's been an ongoing issue for as long as we've lived here, 8 years so far.

It has also settled down since around 3pm. Currently 600w even with the aquarium lights, TV, house lights etc.

• Advertisement

Eh?

Way off topic but you should not have rainwater flooding your septic tank. That would be a pollution concern as far as the council are concerned.

Well I'm entirely baffled by the mystery power drain. The house is now bouncing around from 0.9 to 1.3 which is much higher than normal. I've ruled out the septic tank, I knocked off the fuse and left it off for a few minutes with no impact on the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

I got 5.5kwh to.
    Really having bad days this past while

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

Made 6.6Kwh today on a 2.4KwP east west split in Cork

Well I'm entirely baffled by the mystery power drain. The house is now bouncing around from 0.9 to 1.3 which is much higher than normal.

Water pump kicking in/out maybe?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,292 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

5.6kwh today. 3.7KWp, SW facing

Water pump kicking in/out maybe?

But why?

Still at it overnight, draw is about 500w all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

But why?

It must be your cats.;)
    Managed 4.9kwh here in the rain yesterday.

rx8 wrote: »
    It must be your cats.;)
    Managed 4.9kwh here in the rain yesterday.

Wee shytes are all on their laptops plotting global domination...

I ended up on 2.9kWh yesterday. Down from 19.6kWh the previous day.

But why?

Leak?

• Advertisement

Bizarrely it seems to be back to normal today, around 250-300w all morning.

Typical that when I'm at work it went nuts, ow I'm at home to test it and it's normal.

On the plus side I've generated almost as much by 10am as I did by 5pm yesterday.

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    My documents went in 22 days ago no word from the seai yet.
    Let me know how you get on.

My grant claim has changed to paid today. Rang them as I haven't been paid but I'm in the next payment run.

Better day today, just over 20kWh.

Got home just in time to put 2.5kWh into the car before the sun faded.

11kwh today

Better day today, just over 20kWh.

Am I the only one starting to think this climate change thing is leading Donegal to be the new "Sunny North West"? :p

unkel wrote: »
    Am I the only one starting to think this climate change thing is leading Donegal to be the new "Sunny North West"? :p

Not on the 25th it wasn't.

524630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

A few great numbers there Phil, getting on for 40kwh some of the time. It's a pity so much goes back to the grid for free. :(

Not on the 25th it wasn't.

Class setup!

Now what do you say to the people who recommended you install a very large PV array?

unkel wrote: »
    Class setup!

Now what do you say to the people who recommended you install a very large PV array?

Did anyone recommend that? I thought the general concensus was that 4kwp was plenty!

• Advertisement

rx8 wrote: »
    A few great numbers there Phil, getting on for 40kwh some of the time. It's a pity so much goes back to the grid for free. :(

Working on improving that though. Dishwasher is now on the WiFi switch that the immersion used to be. The Eddi is working well. Tumble dryer is smart enabled for remote activation.

And I have cunning plans for the future of my battery storage...

Advertisement