Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    Can I ask where do you guys see what you generated vs exported?

I have a solis inverter and can see what i generated in the solis home app and the portal but not what I actually consumed.

If it's just an inverter, (not a hybrid) I don't think you can see from the app.

It might show it if there is a ct(current transformer/transducer, can measure what's been imported/exported) but still no guarantee that it will show up in the app.

Hybrid inverters need to have that to know when to charge/discharge the batteries.

External monitoring can be used if you have the likes of the eddi or zappi with the hub, it can do the monitoring through myengei's servers

I'm using the open energy monitors hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

graememk wrote: »
    If it's just an inverter, (not a hybrid) I don't think you can see from the app.

It might show it if there is a ct(current transformer/transducer, can measure what's been imported/exported) but still no guarantee that it will show up in the app.

Hybrid inverters need to have that to know when to charge/discharge the batteries.

External monitoring can be used if you have the likes of the eddi or zappi with the hub, it can do the monitoring through myengei's servers

I'm using the open energy monitors hardware

It is a hybrid inverter all right with a pylon battery. On the 7 inch screen on the actually hybrid inverter, you can see the real time generation vs export vs consuming. I just can't see it in the solis app or ginlong portal.

I've no Eddi or Zappi though so assume I can't use external systems.

It is a hybrid inverter all right with a pylon battery. On the 7 inch screen on the actually hybrid inverter, you can see the real time generation vs export vs consuming. I just can't see it in the solis app or ginlong portal.

I've no Eddi or Zappi though so assume I can't use external systems.

You have it, but it's knowing what to look for.

Its "on grid power"

graememk wrote: »
    You have it, but it's knowing what to look for.

Its "on grid power"

I had the "Grid Type" setup wrong in the app. I can see all the data now. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 24 banana5kin

Hey All,

Simple question I guess. Trying to get my head around Batteries/AC Coupled Inverter. Is the inverter hooked up to the consumer unit to provide power to the entire property regardless of the KW/Amp draw (for example a 9kw electric shower). I see that some hybrid inverters do not recommend loads greater than the rated capacity, is this also true of the AC Coupled Inverter e.g. Sofar ME3000SP. Info appreciated

Regards.

• Advertisement

banana5kin wrote: »
    Hey All,

Simple question I guess. Trying to get my head around Batteries/AC Coupled Inverter. Is the inverter hooked up to the consumer unit to provide power to the entire property regardless of the KW/Amp draw (for example a 9kw electric shower). I see that some hybrid inverters do not recommend loads greater than the rated capacity, is this also true of the AC Coupled Inverter e.g. Sofar ME3000SP. Info appreciated

Regards.

Hybrid inverters, storage inverters work on the same principle, are connected in the main consumer unit

They monitor the import/export on the main feed from the grid, and work to keep the balance at zero.

So when you put a big load on, like a shower, the me3000sp for example will output it's max, and the grid makes up the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Back on topic, 2 crappy days here. Just over 10 yesterday and 9 today.

Tomorrow looks crap too but Wednesday is to be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

banana5kin wrote: »
    Hey All,

Regards.

All any inverter does is essentially suppliments your grid power. What inverters ACTUALLY do in generate AC at a voltage slightly higher than the grid. This ensures that your Inverter power is used before any grid power. If your Inverter(s) output 4.5kW, then the grid will add the remaining 4.5kW to make your 9kW needed for your shower. If only 1kW was coming from an Inverter, then 8kW will come from the grid.

It's important to recognise that an ME3000 AC Coupled Inverter can give you a max 3kW additional power over a Hybrid, if the Hybrid was just a normal PV Inverter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Back on topic, 2 crappy days here. Just over 10 yesterday and 9 today.

Tomorrow looks crap too but Wednesday is to be a cracker.

Snap, I’ve a free app called PV Solar Forecast which is not the most accurate but it’s pretty decent in giving a fair forecast of the next few days.
    It had Sun, Mon, Tuesday as gloomy and Wed v good, Thursday cracker

My setup is 4.5 kwp east/west facing.

Great day on Saturday with 28 kwh, then 6kwh on Sunday with 12 kwh yesterday. Looking forward to Thursday.

As an aside, when I look at the solis app, a lot of the time it says I am consuming 0 kw. That can't be as I have fridge/freezer other things always drawing power. Considering the data is a summation of a 5 minute period, it should never be 0.

Does anyone know why it would show 0? Maybe there is some setting or some other factor at play.

• Advertisement

Maybe the CT is in the wrong place ? Or maybe one is misreading due to poor cable if extended

championc wrote: »
    Maybe the CT is in the wrong place ? Or maybe one is misreading due to poor cable if extended

I didn't install the setup so I wouldn't know where to look or how to check but the fact it only happens sometimes suggests the CT is in the right place. I thought it was more an issue on the app side rather than the data collection side but could be wrong.

Do other people who use the solis app ever see 0 as your consumption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Do other people who use the solis app ever see 0 as your consumption?

yes, but don't know if setting in the APP or inverter that needs to be changed .

For some reason my Solis app is giving an incorrect total generation reading at the minute, but the device page is correct.

Both are reading 3.2 current generation, but the front page says I've only hit 3.2kWh total today whereas the device page says 13.1kWh.

In other weird behaviour the app told me earlier that I was generating 6.67kw even though I only have 6.2kw of panels.

For some reason my Solis app is giving an incorrect total generation reading at the minute, but the device page is correct.

Both are reading 3.2 current generation, but the front page says I've only hit 3.2kWh total today whereas the device page says 13.1kWh.

In other weird behaviour the app told me earlier that I was generating 6.67kw even though I only have 6.2kw of panels.

There is a lag in the App of a few minutes. Panels can overperform. The stated kw of the panel is the minimum.

Just checked my App to Device page on the 'net and both aligned.

You can over produce I think, I briefly hit 6.1kW according to my Solis App with a 6kW inverter last week?

niallers1 wrote: »
    There is a lag in the App of a few minutes.

True but I've now generated nearly 20kWh and the main page still says 3.2kWh. It's not a delay issue on this occasion.

Also the battery is showing as having only added 0.2 even though its full

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

True but I've now generated nearly 20kWh and the main page still says 3.2kWh. It's not a delay issue on this occasion.

Also the battery is showing as having only added 0.2 even though its full

Same issue on mine today so looks to be at the server, may correct itself.
    15.2 at the inverter and 7 on the main page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Big day today

K7PadSd.jpg

What charge point do you have that allows 7.7kW, thought single phase was limited to something like 7kW on the Zappi2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

slave1 wrote: »
    What charge point do you have that allows 7.7kW, thought single phase was limited to something like 7kW on the Zappi2

It's 32A. Since my voltage is very high, I get more power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

slave1 wrote: »

It's 32A so 7700/32 = 240V and I often see that grid voltage.

Might explain why people are getting odd readings from Solis today.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Might explain why people are getting odd readings from Solid today.

Would this affect generation? Mine has falling steadily for the last 2 hrs and in constant sun.

bod71 wrote: »
    Would this affect generation? Mine has falling steadily for the last 2 hrs and in constant sun.

I've done nearly 22kWh today so I wouldn't say so.

Just messing up the numbers on some parts of the app.

Might explain why people are getting odd readings from Solis today.

You should all get a Raspberry Pi with an RS585 interface and collect the data instantaneously

Lovely day today, two washing machines, dishwasher, 220l hot water cylinder full and put 13kWh into the EV. 29.8kWh in total
    Tomorrow to be better!!

I don't have anywhere to put the electricity. Car full, water tank hot - ended up exportin 6.4 out of the 20.

I might end up in the same boat tomorrow with car full too, our tanks never stays full for long, now empty again after two "hair washes"

• Advertisement

I can hear my hot water tank being emptied right now! If only I could persuade them to have a shower in the afternoon instead of morning or evening....

Advertisement