Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

championc wrote: »
    You should all get a Raspberry Pi with an RS585 interface and collect the data instantaneously

What do you do with the data after you save it to the pi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

69.47kWh today, new record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Impressive!

I was happy with my 17kwh

My highest so far.

House was empty. So water tank full. Batteries full and the meter rolled back 7units :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

AnswerIs42 wrote: »

Use the Dashboard on Node-Red

Node-Red Dashboard
    550955.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

mp3guy wrote: »

Noice, how was that used, home/car/battery/grid?
    You obviously going to be going for the FIT safe to say

• Registered Users Posts: 24 banana5kin

One of the best days here yesterday, 17.9Kwh on my 3kw SSE facing roofs in North Louth.

sHK7jD5TcHqKf1D56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Node-Red Dashboard
    550955.jpg

Am awed by what is possible with Node Red. If I only had the wherewithall to get my butt in gear and figure out how to use it. Effort :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

What size PV array do you have?

Node-Red Dashboard
    550955.jpg

Love that. Need to go read about node-red now. Thanks

• Advertisement

niallers1 wrote: »

16kWp

slave1 wrote: »
    Noice, how was that used, home/car/battery/grid?
    You obviously going to be going for the FIT safe to say
    25.7kWh to the car, only 1.6kWh to hot water as my automation for the boiler is broken, 11.2kWh to the grid. The rest gobbled up by the house, 6kWh of which spent on mining which I made €6 from. FIT is garbage in comparison.
    niallers1 wrote: »

As slave1 linked, 16kWp.

However, my production is artificially curtailed due to the export limit. Firstly, my AC output can peak at 11kW but only if I'm actually using it on site. Otherwise the production will ramp down to keep below the 6kW single phase export limit.

But to make matters worse, my grid voltage supply is stupidly high (245-247V), meaning I encounter solar voltage rise issues when exporting a lot of power. As my inverters tap up the voltage slightly so they can export, it reaches the 253V cut off and they enter a reboot cycle. To avoid this I have my export limit stuck at 2.5kW until I can convince the ESB to fix it. This is independent of my array size - Can happen to anyone even with a 3kW system.

25.7kWh to the car, only 1.6kWh to hot water as my automation for the boiler is broken, 11.2kWh to the grid. The rest gobbled up by the house, 6kWh of which spent on mining which I made €6 from. FIT is garbage in comparison.

As slave1 linked, 16kWp.

However, my production is artificially curtailed due to the export limit. Firstly, my AC output can peak at 11kW but only if I'm actually using it on site. Otherwise the production will ramp down to keep below the 6kW single phase export limit.

But to make matters worse, my grid voltage supply is stupidly high (245-247V), meaning I encounter solar voltage rise issues when exporting a lot of power. As my inverters tap up the voltage slightly so they can export, it reaches the 253V cut off and they enter a reboot cycle. To avoid this I have my export limit stuck at 2.5kW until I can convince the ESB to fix it. This is independent of my array size - Can happen to anyone even with a 3kW system.

Is there anything you aren't doing? :p

deravarra wrote: »
    Is there anything you aren't doing? :p

Any ideas? I'm going to buy a wifi-enabled portable AC later in the Summer which I can hook in as well, cool down the bedroom before night.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Any ideas? I'm going to buy a wifi-enabled portable AC later in the Summer which I can hook in as well, cool down the bedroom before night.

Been thinking that myself.. any leads. Or would a smart plug cut it.

My issue is where to dump the heat, sliding windows suddenly become useful., Ours are hinged.

graememk wrote: »
    Been thinking that myself.. any leads. Or would a smart plug cut it.

My issue is where to dump the heat, sliding windows suddenly become useful., Ours are hinged.

Wouldn't trust a smart plug with anything over a few dozen watts.

Found this one: https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/airflex-14000-btu-4kw-portable-air-conditioner-with-heat-pump-for-rooms-up-to-38-sq-mtrs-wifi-airflex15w

If it's smart you can program it somehow. Hinged here too, will just have to dump the heat out the window, or outside the room as a "best effort".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

30.8kWh today, best yet this month.

And only exported 0.6 as I was home most of the day.

That makes today my most successful day since install. I've got as high as 36kWh in a day before but exported 18kWh of it.

Just shy of 27 kWh for me so very good day. Need to do better on pulling less energy from the grid though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Wouldn't trust a smart plug with anything over a few dozen watts.

Found this one: https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/airflex-14000-btu-4kw-portable-air-conditioner-with-heat-pump-for-rooms-up-to-38-sq-mtrs-wifi-airflex15w

If it's smart you can program it somehow. Hinged here too, will just have to dump the heat out the window, or outside the room as a "best effort".

Hmm only 1.5kw, some smart plugs can handle 16amps .. although I wouldn't run an immersion though one!

There is things that go round hinged windows for aircon vents.(and tumble driers).

I don't think drilling a 4" hole for a vent for the summer would fly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

You can control AC over wi-fi. No need for a smart plug.

Lots of them work off their own App or the Smart things App

• Advertisement

Nice 31kWh today, half into the EV

deravarra wrote: »
    Am awed by what is possible with Node Red. If I only had the wherewithall to get my butt in gear and figure out how to use it. Effort :P
    Love that. Need to go read about node-red now. Thanks

I joined a Facebook group "Sofar Solar Inverter - Remote Control & Smart Home Integration" - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2477195449252168

The main focus of this group is to collaborate on the intelligent control of Sofar Hybrid and AC Connected Inverters - controling the charging and discharging of the batteries, as well as providing a dashboard for the display of information from the Inverter in graphical format.

The script for extracting the data from the RS485 Modbus stream could be replaced by the python script in this thread - https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/getting-data-from-inverters-via-an-rs485-connection/8377/6 and modified to match the data fields of the Sofar script.

My Kingspan solar tubes controller has an RS232 interface, so I sent that into NodeRed too.

Wife has the car at work today so going to be a stinker for export.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Wife has the car at work today so going to be a stinker for export.

I was wondering how much that impacts people alright in normal times, the car is probably going to be away from the house and during the winter we will probably not get enough sun to be able to charge from solar at the weekends.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I was wondering how much that impacts people alright in normal times, the car is probably going to be away from the house and during the winter we will probably not get enough sun to be able to charge from solar at the weekends.

Perfect time to be thinking of more battery options?

I only started working from home a few weeks ago and it won't be forever, but by the time I go back I'll have enough battery storage for all my generation.

Today was fine in the end, did some washing and drying and plugged in a little electric heater in the home office to soak up the excess and save the oil.

Generated 21.7kWh and exported the same as yesterday, 0.6kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Do you know of any good, controllable WiFi storage heaters? We have a basement that is cool (12c) if unheated all year round. It's insulated, and was thinking that if I could dump excess energy into a storage heater there during the day, it would keep it at a decent temperature for longer....

tails_naf wrote: »
    Do you know of any good, controllable WiFi storage heaters? We have a basement that is cool (12c) if unheated all year round. It's insulated, and was thinking that if I could dump excess energy into a storage heater there during the day, it would keep it at a decent temperature for longer....

Surely some form of IFTTT switch can do that for you. You may then be able to automate it based on a temperature sensor in the basement and maybe a weather reader or reading your excess or general PV output

Absolutely smashing day today, downside of that though is that we've gone to the beach.

27kWh in so far and 8.5 gone to the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

44 kWh, record day for my new 6kW system :)

Advertisement