Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Broke 50kwh today,

36kwh 28kwh to the car, & it's still only at 41%!

exported 3.6

(For reference, have a 8.64kwp on a 6kw inverter ne/sw low angle split 50:50 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

minnow wrote: »
    44 kWh, record day for my new 6kW system :)

Bloody hell that's impressive. What direction is your system, or is it dual aspect?

I tied my best ever today, 35.9kWh. Last time I hit that I exported 18.8, today I lost 12.9 as I was out from midday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Record 36.6 for me today, 23.6 into the EVs and rest into house/water, 1.3 exported

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bloody hell that's impressive. What direction is your system, or is it dual aspect?

I tied my best ever today, 35.9kWh. Last time I hit that I exported 18.8, today I lost 12.9 as I was out from midday.

SSE, wish I had a West facing roof to extend the curve into the evening.
    Can't wait for FIT, ended up exporting 20kW even after topping up car and running all appliances.

minnow wrote: »
    SSE, wish I had a West facing roof to extend the curve into the evening.
    Can't wait for FIT, ended up exporting 20kW even after topping up car and running all appliances.

Mine is 3.4 west and 2.8 south. Never managed more than 36kWh though.

• Advertisement

graememk wrote: »
    Broke 50kwh today,

36kwh 28kwh to the car, & it's still only at 41%!

exported 3.6

(For reference, have a 8.64kwp on a 6kw inverter ne/sw low angle split 50:50 )

Pulled the data from the inverter, my NE:SW ratio of total output is about 45% NE to 55% SW,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

38.8 today here in Galway. Been s good week

irishchris wrote: »
    Been a good week

Indeed. Mostly the same in Donegal other than a crappy Monday-Tuesday.

Sunday - 12.9
    Monday - 9.3
    Tuesday - 3.2
    Wednesday - 22.5
    Thursday - 30.9
    Friday - 21.8
    Saturday - 35.9

Week - 136.5kWh

Check that curve out too!

551287.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Check that curve out too!

551287.jpg

With your south and west, I expected the top of the curve to be longer and flatter, but it seems very much focused on the west with the peak at 15:00, rather than the peak being from about 13:00 to 15:00

I haven't ever seen a graph of a soth plus west so I'm not entirely sure how it should look. Maybe someone else con confirm that the graph is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

championc wrote: »
    With your south and west, I expected the top of the curve to be longer and flatter, but it seems very much focused on the west with the peak at 15:00, rather than the peak being from about 13:00 to 15:00

I haven't ever seen a graph of a soth plus west so I'm not entirely sure how it should look. Maybe someone else con confirm that the graph is correct.

Is it just me who is a little uncomfortable examining DrPhils Curves?

For comparison (and for E30M3's titillation), here's the curve from my previous best in August last year.

For comparison (and for E30M3's titillation), here's the curve from my previous best in August last year.

551327.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

17.6kWh
    2.5kWp S facing

Just passed this month's predicted number, with 5 and a bit days to spare.

My estimate for the month was 546kWh, I'm now on 553 and still generating 3.3 at the minute.

Wednesday - 22.5
    Thursday - 30.9
    Friday - 21.8
    Saturday - 35.9
    Sunday - 33.4

The fine run continues today.

42.3 today from my combined 6kwp. 686kwh produced so far this month which is obviously my best yet since joining the solar race last October

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

38.6 kWh, best ever since installed last November. 6.4 Kwp, so doing a little worse than others of a similar size, but still happy with it.

The main array had a near perfect curve (SSE), while the WSW array picked up later before being abruptly cutoff by shading in the late evening.

551376.jpg

tails_naf wrote: »
    38.6 kWh, best ever since installed last November. 6.4 Kwp, so doing a little worse than others of a similar size, but still happy with it.

The main array had a near perfect curve (SSE), while the WSW array picked up later before being abruptly cutoff by shading in the late evening.
    It it all the panels getting shade or just a few?

Its quite the cutoff otherwise it was just starting to tail off nicely

Is it unusual that I haven't broken 5kw at any stage despite 2 scorching days?

551385.jpg

In the past week I've seen occasional spikes at 5.5 and even 6.5kw on patchy weather days but this past 2 days despite averaging about 34kWh per day, I've not gone over about 4.7kw at any stage.

• Advertisement

On patchy days, panels are cold, the colder the panels are, the more power they generate.

So on the patchy days, when the sun comes out you get high spikes and usually on them days it's not for long either. If it was a case of the clouds just disappearing you'd see it spike high and then slowly reduce down as the panels warm uo

graememk wrote: »
    On patchy days, panels are cold, the colder the panels are, the more power they generate.

So on the patchy days, when the sun comes out you get high spikes and usually on them days it's not for long either. If it was a case of the clouds just disappearing you'd see it spike high and then slowly reduce down as the panels warm up

Makes sense, cheers.

On a perfect day weather wise, I thought I'd to closer to the panel capacity at peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Makes sense, cheers.

On a perfect day weather wise, I thought I'd to closer to the panel capacity at peak.

I'm getting about 10% under capacity on great days like Saturday but getting nearly the same overshoot on intermittent cloudy days where 4.2kw will run along at 3.7ish.
    But I've seen spikes up to 4.7 when sun breaks through on cloudy days

I have 6.2kwp capacity though so I'm peaking at nearly 25% below that.

Maybe that's standard for a dual aspect as there is never a sweet spot where both sets are getting full blast.

Maybe that's standard for a dual aspect as there is never a sweet spot where both sets are getting full blast.

That's it, with dual aspect, your trading a high peak for longer generation time, (which generally is more beneficial anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Can you pull the data for both individualy or is it combined in the inverter data?

Can you pull the data for both individualy or is it combined in the inverter data?

I probably can pull both, it does show separately in the app on a snapshot basis so must be recorded somewhere.

551418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Here's my past 4 days
    I've 4kw on the house and 1.9kw on garage

42.4kw from my combined 6kwp again today. Looks like end of fine run of weather of late this after today though.

17.6 from my 2.88kwp West facing
    24.8 from my 3.6kwp South-SW facing

Also noticed I hit the 1 MW milestone this week since my 2.88 installed last October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Just an FYI for those with ginlong/solis inverters.

I noticed the screenshots are all using their older app. They have a new one called "SolisCloud". It seems to be updated every few weeks where as the old app "Solis Home" hasn't been updated since mid 2020.

It's not a perfect app by any shout but some people might prefer it.

Google Play Store Link

Advertisement