Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    Just an FYI for those with ginlong/solis inverters.

I noticed the screenshots are all using their older app. They have a new one called "SolisCloud". It seems to be updated every few weeks where as the old app "Solis Home" has been updated since mid 2020.

It's not a perfect app by any shout but some people might prefer it.

Google Play Store Link

Solarman app also works too, they all have the same login!

I have both Sofar And Solis inverters on the one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

I noticed the screenshots are all using their older app. They have a new one called "SolisCloud". It seems to be updated every few weeks where as the old app "Solis Home" has been updated since mid 2020.

Google Play Store Link

That's cool. Il give it a go now

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Google Play Store Link

Wow ye very nice look to it. Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

I noticed the screenshots are all using their older app. They have a new one called "SolisCloud". It seems to be updated every few weeks where as the old app "Solis Home" hasn't been updated since mid 2020.

Google Play Store Link

Cheers, prefer the look of this and at last a bit of colour to their icons :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Finished the day on 34.5 despite hail storms most of the morning.

Tomorrow has a better forecast, could be a record breaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Finally I can chip in here, got exactly 35kw today and record 38kws the other day but only running for 5 days so far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    Finally I can chip in here, got exactly 35kw today and record 38kws the other day but only running for 5 days so far :D

And what did you do with it all? ðŸ˜

Mostly to the grid since the battery is not yet installed, car was charged, all the washing done etc :(
    Time to start mining I think

Mostly to the grid since the battery is not yet installed, car was charged, all the washing done etc :(
    Time to start mining I think

What battery capacity will you be going for?

I know I won't be doing anything for about a year or so, but I get excited for anyone who has PV installed in their house already :)
    I think the excitement scale will be broken many times when it comes to my turn :D

A Puredrive 5kw but given my evening/night usage two of them would cover me, one will help maximize usage during the day, in between clouds :D

• Advertisement

A Puredrive 5kw but given my evening/night usage two of them would cover me, one will help maximize usage during the day, in between clouds :D

I am thinking I might go for a rack system for pylontech batteries, and then add another one or two on if needed at a later stage.

I was debating the same but the pylontechs don't give you a 1C discharge like the puredrives, you get maybe 1.2kw on the 2.4kw and 1.8kw on the 3.6kw and they only give you 6000 cycles warranty vs 10000 :)

I was debating the same but the pylontechs don't give you a 1C discharge like the puredrives, you get maybe 1.2kw on the 2.4kw and 1.8kw on the 3.6kw and they only give you 6000 cycles warranty vs 10000 :)

well now, i didn't know that. Let me check the puredrives so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Ah jayses, go the DIY Powerwall route :)

New record today. Not a record in terms of generation, but a record in terms of use.

32.8kWh generated (3kWh short of my best) but exported a grand total of 0.1kWh. And I'm annoyed at the 0.1!

Not straightforward mind you, I used the granny cable this morning to ensure that the car charged rather than the house battery. Then switched to the Zappi but at a reduced speed (3.8) once the sun picked up. The aim was to keep the house battery empty so that when I went to collect the wife at half 4, I wouldn't end up exporting loads.

Worked fine, but I do look forward to having the battery to not need to do it lol.

37.6kws, used 11.6 and 20 went to Greta :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

28.4 Highest for the year so far. Exported 3.4 of it because battery was cold this morning and didn't charge at full rate before I plugged in the car. Got 12.77kWh into the car today. Battery still at 44% so will almost make it to midnight.

PS: This time last year I had already had 3 30+ days in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

garo wrote: »
    28.4 Highest for the year so far. Exported 3.4 of it because battery was cold this morning and didn't charge at full rate before I plugged in the car. Got 12.77kWh into the car today. Battery still at 44% so will almost make it to midnight.

PS: This time last year I had already had 3 30+ days in May.

Last May was pretty incredible, with several totally blue sky days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Only have my solar system in 1 week but today was my best day with 31.1kwh generated.

Sent about 4kwh to the grid but the rest went into the EVs and the house and still have about 40% battery left so hopefully make it to midnight and the night rate so it is working really well for me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm pretty sure every piece of clothing and bed clothes are shaking this last week or so, as EV's full and water full around 1PM so everything being done to limit exporting, getting savage run of 30kW+ days the last week or so

• Advertisement

Shyte.

Feckin power outage in the area. ESB app says estimate of 3pm to get it back on.

Sitting on an average of 26kWh for the month thus far, that'll soon bring me back down.

Not a great day mind you but still. That'll cost me about 15kWh of generation I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Shyte.

Feckin power outage in the area. ESB app says estimate of 3pm to get it back on.

Sitting on an average of 26kWh for the month thus far, that'll soon bring me back down.

Not a great day mind you but still. That'll cost me about 15kWh of generation I'd say.

Sort out your EPS supply! Even the principle of solar not working without grid power is ridiculous. Imagine rain water barrels that only worked when the mains supply was on?

Yay, back up already. Pleasantly surprised.

mp3guy wrote: »
    Sort out your EPS supply! Even the principle of solar not working without grid power is ridiculous. Imagine rain water barrels that only worked when the mains supply was on?

Well I am surprised with this! Any power outage means no harvesting solar power? Could there not be any way to tie in the battery (assuming you have one) to power the solis (or any inverter) in such a situation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

deravarra wrote: »
    Well I am surprised with this! Any power outage means no harvesting solar power?

Grid tied dude so when the grid goes down the PV goes down.
    If ESB were turning off power in the area to carry out works they don't want 6kW from our panels going through the power lines

slave1 wrote: »
    Grid tied dude so when the grid goes down the PV goes down.
    If ESB were turning off power in the area to carry out works they don't want 6kW from our panels going through the power lines

Ah ok - but what about an isolation or cut off switch that would prevent export, and only top up battery when depleted? Is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

deravarra wrote: »
    Ah ok - but what about an isolation or cut off switch that would prevent export, and only top up battery when depleted? Is that possible?

Yes, a lot of inverters have a separate AC output specifically for this. You can either wire in a 4-gang to it or put it ahead of a changeover switch before your consumer unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Jealous of all your great days, havent broke the 20kWh yet

mp3guy wrote: »
    Yes, a lot of inverters have a separate AC output specifically for this. You can either wire in a 4-gang to it or put it ahead of a changeover switch before your consumer unit.

Must note that and mention it as a must have for my install when it happens!
    Thanks for sharing :D

• Advertisement

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Jealous of all your great days, havent broke the 20kWh yet

I won't be getting that today either. Been a fairly crap day, only 12kWh so far. Power was only out about an hour altogether but sod's law that was the sunniest time I've had.

Advertisement