Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Anyone else's Solis cloud app giving them bad info? I'm just getting 0 across the board for all readings.

The old Solis home app seems to be giving me the proper readings though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Other way around for me.
    They will be removing the old app soon apparently so SolisCloud will be the default going forward.
    You can always send support an email asking to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Horrible overcast day in Galway :(, yet Met Eireann forecast blue skies last night:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

kabakuyu wrote: »
    Horrible overcast day in Galway :(, yet Met Eireann forecast blue skies last night:confused:

Yep looked like today was going to be a full sun with no cloud superb day according to forecast but it's grey and miserable here in Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

kabakuyu wrote: »

Got our system installed, and up and running since 11am this morning. Why couldn't we have had yesterday's weather today? Currently generating 1.4kW (6.25 capacity)... bloody clouds! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I’m on 12.9 for the day so far - most of it gone to the grid because my thermostat has crapped out so Eddi can’t heat the water. Reckon I need to hit the reset button and lower the temperature on the immersion.

And my Solis Cloud has stopped showing current production, only historical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Solis Cloud isn't working properly today for me either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Old Solis app working fine, new one crapped out completely.

Crap day here anyway, only 8kWh so far.

6 wrote: »
    Solis Cloud isn't working properly today for me either

There was a notice for maintenance for today so could be related.
    Bypassed the 850kw for May today, 873kw and counting.
    Cracking day with no clouds, 30kws so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

Zzippy wrote: »
    Got our system installed, and up and running since 11am this morning. Why couldn't we have had yesterday's weather today? Currently generating 1.4kW (6.25 capacity)... bloody clouds! :rolleyes:

No harm in knowing what it can do when cloudy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Best day for me so far. 21kwh

Have gone over the 1MWh since i got the system in in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG wrote: »
    2 mixed days to come according to the forecast. I'll estimate around 25 & 30kWh.

Lol, horribly bad prediction from me so far. Only managed 14 of my predicted 25kWh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice 43.2kWh today, no one home so 19 exported, I’ve never exported anything like that before

Cracking day yesterday 44kw
    Horrible day today so far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Generated 25kwh yesterday and sent 15kwh of it back to the grid. Hoping to take delivery of a new EV in the next week or two so will help balance that ratio out.

On a side note, I’ve had huge interest from the neighbours since I got the install done. Everyone I spoke to assumed you could only use solar to heat your water. They were amazed to find out it’s powering the house. Definitely time for a proper re-education campaign to encourage people to take up solar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

remoteboy wrote: »
    Generated 25kwh yesterday and sent 15kwh of it back to the grid. Hoping to take delivery of a new EV in the next week or two so will help balance that ratio out.

On a side note, I’ve had huge interest from the neighbours since I got the install done. Everyone I spoke to assumed you could only use solar to heat your water. They were amazed to find out it’s powering the house. Definitely time for a proper re-education campaign to encourage people to take up solar.

I already had thermal tubes on the roof, and got the same questions. It will get out there eventually.

Word of mouth is better than any advert campaign.

I'll soon have six months in mine done, so id nearly assume the next 6 should be similar.

Perfect arc since 4pm today. Still generating 2kWh at 8pm!

Nice finish to the month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭championc

For those newbies getting solar PV recently, consider sharing your month stats so that

a. You can verify that your system is performing as it should
    b. Allow those interested to see what they can REALLY expect

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058050685/35/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Day 3 of our system, all 3 days have been very cloudy in the morning, burning off in the afternoon to give sunny afternoon/evening. First day (operational from 11am) we had 18kWh, yesterday we had 24kWh, 3.9 so far today (cloudy again :rolleyes: ) SE orientation so generation drops off steadily after 4pm. Would be nice to get a blue sky day to see how it performs at max capacity.

Plenty of hot water, and the house has been mostly running off the battery in the evenings.

6.25kWp, 5kWh storage

Should probably not have created one of these little guys for my desk :D
    Or at least remove the export so I don't get triggered all the time

557301.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 fergoc

I called my power company today to ask what the process is for selling power back to the grid. It was my understanding that this was finally going live today (July 1st). I might as well have been speaking Greek as they had no idea what I was taking about! I don't have a huge daily excess but would rather get whatever I can in the form of a credit than letting it go to waste. Info on ESB Networks seem to talk about microgeneration in the future tense and with no specific dates mentioned. Has anyone signed up for it and does it vary by provider? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

fergoc wrote: »
    I called my power company today to ask what the process is for selling power back to the grid. It was my understanding that this was finally going live today (July 1st). I might as well have been speaking Greek as they had no idea what I was taking about! I don't have a huge daily excess but would rather get whatever I can in the form of a credit than letting it go to waste. Info on ESB Networks seem to talk about microgeneration in the future tense and with no specific dates mentioned. Has anyone signed up for it and does it vary by provider? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing in place yet for a FIT.

July was mentioned. Not sure what year though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭harderthanf

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    Should probably not have created one of these little guys for my desk :D
    Or at least remove the export so I don't get triggered all the time

You can't just drop that there and say nothing! What's going on underneath?

I have a home assistant dashboard showing my stats via the modbus connection on the SCC but that looks sweet!

Yeah, what is that? Looks like something I don't need, but would still like :D

I should have taken some photos of the guts but basically a wemos d1 mini board connected to an ssd1306 oled display, inside a 3d printed box and hooked up to home assistant via esphome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

I should have taken some photos of the guts but basically a wemos d1 mini board connected to an ssd1306 oled display, inside a 3d printed box and hooked up to home assistant via esphome.

Is this a hobby of yours?
    Or do you use these skills in your day to day work?

It never ceases to amaze me how many bright and industrious folks we have :D

deravarra wrote: »
    Is this a hobby of yours?
    Or do you use these skills in your day to day work?

It never ceases to amaze me how many bright and industrious folks we have :D

Bit of both and a dose of lots of free time due to pandemic :)

Bit of both and a dose of lots of free time due to pandemic :)

Fair play. I'm chatting to loads of the younger folks at work, and they have amazing skills when it comes to coding - especially seeing the potential with the likes of Node Red, and using arduino/pi.

Our smart homes are getting smarter because of folks like these :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

deravarra wrote: »
    Fair play. I'm chatting to loads of the younger folks at work, and they have amazing skills when it comes to coding - especially seeing the potential with the likes of Node Red, and using arduino/pi.

Our smart homes are getting smarter because of folks like these :)

We all started at "hello world". Baby steps.

Node red is a very visual and can quickly find your feet there.

I'm no expert by any means but and bodge stuff together.

• Advertisement

graememk wrote: »
    We all started at "hello world". Baby steps.

Node red is a very visual and can quickly find your feet there.

I'm no expert by any means but and bodge stuff together.

I wouldn't even know where to start!

Every time i have tried to sit down to do some self teaching with coding and youtube, the missus sees it as idleness and gives me other work to do :(

Advertisement