Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Started off dull but was a great late morning and the rest of the day.

Will end up at about 51kwh, still not a record for me.

Interesting that the flat top that i was getting in June has gone, Id say its down to the much higher air temps, (in june the wind was cold, kept the panels cool)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had a full sun day but not my best. Definitely down to hotter panels, it was baking in the midlands

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Finally had a good day yesterday, nearly 40kWh and only exported 8.

Today I'm away from home and it's going to be a different story. Exported 5kWh already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Got the new car on Tuesday. Today is my first day having it at home and on charge from the panels. Very happy with this sight.

Well I won't be exporting that much after all. Bloody power cut since 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Closest I got to the "perfect" curve, and 41kw for the day 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Just under 46KW today from a 6.8KW South (ish) array. First full day in use. I actually thought I'd hit a bit higher

I would have fully expected to beat my record, damn near perfect weather all day.

But power was out from 4:15 to 8:15pm. Currently on 22.4kWh.

Turds at ESB. That's the 4th power cut this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

45.8 here in the west but horrifically hot today or may have produced more. A lot unfortunately given away to Esb today so sooner the fit the better. Perfect curve on the west facing array and not bad from South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

29.7kWh from a 4.8kW E/W array. Car was charged over the last couple of days - 35kWh put in. So today it was export to ESB day. Exported 18! The battery is still 56% full.

• Advertisement

My battery is currently at 66%. Should take me close to morning.

Do you know you can hold your finger on the Zappi icon, you’ll then go to a priority screen where you can drag the Zappi icon ahead of the EDDI, this way the Zappi gets the PV first and therefore more because with that screenshot the Zappi is only getting surplus after both house and EDDI....perhaps you already know this...

I’m getting 40ish last few days but not records, just too goddam hot here in midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

What device are people taking readings from? I notice my inverter says I hit 64.9KW yesterday but the Eddi says 49.0. Very strange

Have you a battery? As power to this would be consumed before reaching the eddi

No, didn't go for a battery.

Inverter the bible, MyEnergi is based on CT clamps which are not as accurate

But it shouldn't be 20kwh out!

I had a perfect curve y'day and only hit 55.4kwh (8kwp, 6kw inverter, low slope, ne/SW)

Wonder would your oversizing have anything to do with it? Doubt it but just putting it out there

• Advertisement

Nah, if anything I would have the top of the curve cut off like I had in the colder days in June. My CT's and inverter and storage inverter tallies with each other.

What does effect mine is it's slope and angle.. but for this time of the year it's almost optimal! - winter not so much

There shouldn't be a 20kwh difference in readings.

When the inverter says it's putting out 5kw is the myenerie hub matching it?

- also is there a bit of shadowing in the morning? You can see that passing at about 9am

Yeah, some trees shading until about 9 ish in the morning. I'm also wondering why I'm not seeing anything over 5.7KW over the last 2 days. I wonder if the angle could be an issue

It's the heat!

Example : the longi 370w panels - under specific test 1000w/m², cell temp of 25c it produces 370w

Under Normal operating cell temperature (45c) - solar irradiance, 800w/m², ambient air 20c, wind at 1m/s it produces 276w

Thats about a 25% reduction in production.

Your seeing about a 15% reduction.

On a day with scattered cloud you'll see a big spike after a cloud passes (or after rain), as the panels are cold.

Also that's why you have to be careful when oversizing arrays, incase you get a really cold but sunny day, the voltage could rise above the limits of the inverter ( there's a formula buried somewhere for it)

Source:

https://static.solartricity.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Longi-360-Watt-Data-sheet.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The heat has a big effect on panel output.

Been clearing 40+ here for last week but with the weeks promised weather I think I should easily be clearing 50+.

On a side note notice the posts here are dwindling since the boards update and really not liking it so can see me drifting more from here.

I see someone set up a new boards site **** so cheers to the poster here who let me know of it. They have renewables section there which is much better laid out so think I will be moving to that for the foreseeable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Not sure how to assess if our recently installed system is performing as expected. 6.25kWp, 6kW inverter SE aspect. In the dull weather we were getting ~18kWh/day, the last 3 days in full sun we've gotten ~35kWh/day. Looking at other posters' outputs here for similar sized systems it seems on the low side. Looking at output graphs, we never seem to get above 4.5kW production, and can have sudden drops to zero several times a day - is this voltage-related? Should it be happening? Grateful for any insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

As a comparison with my 7kw panels, 6kw inverter, south facing I got anywhere from 40-44kw in the last 4-5 days and it maxes out around 5.8kws.

On the days when the sun goes in and our of the clouds it can hover at around 6.3kws as the panels aren't that hot.

The drops all the way to 0 seem odd. But overall your numbers aren't too bad.

I have 6.2kwp with a split aspect south and west. Low of 13.1 on the 13th and high of 39.3 on the 16th.

So you seem fairly close to my numbers, doing a bit better probably because you have a 6kw inverter and I only have 5kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Solar in since 4pm. 3.24kw system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Advertisement