Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Brutal day here in South donegal, only got 0.4kWh today from our 2.48kw system. Have to go right back to March 8th and February 21st to find daily production as low. How did you do Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Brutal day here in South donegal, only got 0.4kWh today from our 2.48kw system. Have to go right back to March 8th and February 21st to find daily production as low. How did you do Phil.

10.8 on Tuesday
    8.2 on Wednesday

And I thought I was doing bad!

I know I have more than double the system size but that's 20 times more generation than you. Our weather was atrocious too. By midday I only had 2.4kWh but then the skies cleared briefly and I got 2 good hours where I was tipping 3.5kw for short spells and actually got the battery up to 70%.

And a much better day predicted today. 1.3kWh racked up already and sitting at around 1kw rate pretty consistently.

Yes already matched yesterdays 0.4kWh at 10.00AM.

Generating 5.3kw at the minute, lol.

Nearly shat myself when I looked at the app as it said consumption was also 4.8kw but then I realised its the Eddi.

Battery hit full half an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Excellent day here too 17.7kWh. Exported 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

23.1kwh today in Cork compared to 4.2kwh yesterday.

19 in the end. Exported 3.7kWh, if I'd been home an hour earlier I'd have caught it all.

Or if I'd planned ahead and set the dishwasher I'd have used a fair bit of it too. Didn't anticipate such a good day!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    19 in the end. Exported 3.7kWh, if I'd been home an hour earlier I'd have caught it all.

Or if I'd planned ahead and set the dishwasher I'd have used a fair bit of it too. Didn't anticipate such a good day!

I use the PV forecast app. It uses dark sky as the weather app and usually gives an accurate kwh forecast.

17kWh today.

• Advertisement

17kWh today.

Bang on 7kWh (2.4kW system)

13.5kwh today

15.4 for me. September is usually a good month. I expect that despite the shorter days we will get more from this month than the miserable August.

garo wrote: »
    15.4 for me. September is usually a good month. I expect that despite the shorter days we will get more from this month than the miserable August.

My predictions for August were about 19 average. Managed just over 18.

Prediction for September is 14, sitting around that at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭rx8

Managed 11.7 yesterday on a pretty showery afternoon. The production graph is up and down like you'd see on casualty when the patient is in d-fib! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m Seriously Considering adding some panels to the north facing (rear) roof.
    From sitting out the back I notice I get direct sun on the rear in the late afternoon and evening and I ample space for 4-6 panels below the Velux windows.

I have 3kw on the front roof so is it as simple as adding them or do I need to consider the invertor now?

rx8 wrote: »
    Managed 11.7 yesterday on a pretty showery afternoon. The production graph is up and down like you'd see on casualty when the patient is in d-fib! ;)

Likewise

525351.jpg

My predictions for August were about 19 average. Managed just over 18.

Prediction for September is 14, sitting around that at the minute.

Donegal had a much better August than Dublin! But tbf looking at my September predicted it looks like August will still be better. The best days are behind us.

Gumbo wrote: »
    From sitting out the back I notice I get direct sun on the rear in the late afternoon and evening and I ample space for 4-6 panels below the Velux windows.

I have 3kw on the front roof so is it as simple as adding them or do I need to consider the invertor now?

What inverter do you have? Do the 3kW go on the same string? You don't want to put panels facing different directions on the same string.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,670 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gumbo wrote: »

My next consideration too. Waiting for panels to become a bit cheaper again. North facing in Ireland at a typical roof angle generates about 50% of south facing as has been demonstrated on this forum before, so certainly worth while.

You do need an inverter with two string input for that though. Yours might have that already or it's not a huge deal to replace it if it doesn't. Easy DIY job and you can sell your old one. You are good at that sort of thing :)

• Advertisement

A beautiful sunny day today in the hills of Donegal. Or not...

2kWh so far at 1pm.

unkel wrote: »
    My next consideration too. Waiting for panels to become a bit cheaper again. North facing in Ireland at a typical roof angle generates about 50% of south facing as has been demonstrated on this forum before, so certainly worth while.

You do need an inverter with two string input for that though. Yours might have that already or it's not a huge deal to replace it if it doesn't. Easy DIY job and you can sell your old one. You are good at that sort of thing :)

Yes something I am thinking as well in the future. This site is interesting to get an idea of typically output for the various postions. https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html#PVP

It's an excellent site and a great use of your tax Euros :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

davpower wrote: »
    yeah he was out about 4 weeks ago. Glad to have the money alright!

So turns out the Seai sent an email on 28th of July to the contractor and myself, that neither of us received.
    Just a few things on the paperwork that weren't filled out correctly!
    Bit pissed off with contractor as he never thought to check up on the portal to see all was well, and the fact they didnt fill out correctly in the first place.
    Was a good job we got onto the Seai to see what the gig was, as the grant offer runs out in about 7 weeks. Hopefully get sorted now soon. It would be a shame to loose the grant ide be rightly peeeeed off.

I had to follow up twice myself. Look at the portal and call them. I'd encourage anyone waiting on the grant for more than 6-8 weeks to ring SEAI and find out what the story is.

I was checking portal daily, but it just kept saying "once your contractor has uploaded all the correct documents your payment will be issued".
    The contractor said ide get and email and didnt, so we rang. 5 weeks wasted.
    Hope this is it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭irishchris

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    I was checking portal daily, but it just kept saying "once your contractor has uploaded all the correct documents your payment will be issued".
    The contractor said ide get and email and didnt, so we rang. 5 weeks wasted.
    Hope this is it now.

Is there a certain time after install that it expires?

I have up untill 04/11.
    All works and paperwork must be in and completed

The Seai grant is going soon so start the ball rolling.

• Advertisement

Worst day of the month yesterday, only 7.9kWh.

Caught the wife putting on a white wash too, flippin 3 hour cycle, at 5pm!

She's got so used to washing/drying during the day it has become habit. But mostly back to running these things overnight.

Daily import from the grid has been 7.4kWh for the last 2 days. Average was about 4-5kWh through August apart from days when I charged the car overnight.

Advertisement