Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

go to this link : https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/#PVP

Its Grid Connected we use.

if your looking for the max yearly output you can click optimize slope and azimuth. but untick the boxes to have a play otherwise.

I find PVGIS - SARAH the most pessimistic, usually end up beating it. I leave the system loss as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭The devils

Brillaint thanks I'll have another look tomorrow..very good tool alright.

Hopefully my solar pv system when installed will also get more than what this link tells me 😂👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Big difference with the start time today, trickling in from 8:45, getting almost 600w now, house load covered and already feeding into the battery.

2 weeks ago I'd be lucky if it had started producing by 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Well the week trickled off with not much break in the clouds so ended with a 5.1, 3.7, 6.9 and yesterday at 1.9kWh.

Generation peaked on Saturday at 5.813kW, the highest so far.

On the plus side there is a noticeable difference in the length of the days over the last week, so onwards and upwards.

a bit of a difference alright with that extra few minutes both at the start and end of the day, already hitting 1.52kW at 10:14am so the Zappi will be kicking in soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The angle of our panels has a lot to do with it, especially when we've no choice if installed on our roof. I'll be expanding my PV this year with two more arrays, both will be custom mounts with adjustable tilt.

totally jinxed that day....

Yep, on you that, was lovely and sunny here in North Westmeath till you South Roscommon lad went and spoiled it 🧐

yeah, sorry about that😄

Think I will call it now, would have expected another 20-30mins. Was ramping up nicely but then died a death before twelve. Has been a fairly settled winter all in all but this cloud would want to get shift on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Best day of the year here (10.8kWh). Galway 5.7 kWp SW. Constant 2kW + from midday to almost 3pm.

Been impressed with Jan production so far, as was expecting similar to December. Onwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Jeeze its been miserable here in Cork for the last 4 days....grey overcast all day 😪 for the last 4 days

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Great day in Mayo as well with over 10kWh from 4.8kWp system. Lost some solar upto 11:30 with shading from a tree, but managed two wash loads, a full HW tank with 4.8kWh via eddi, and still exported 1.8kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

The proverbial cliff. 6.9 system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I've found that Jan is always ~50% better than December for me. I have E/W panels so production is poor both months but I get about 50-60kWh for Dec and 100-125kWh for Jan. Though mind you Jan 2021 was pretty rubbish.

Much the same, was doing very well but the sun f'ed off at 13:30.

Still, got 12kwh today, 6.8 for the previous 3 days so will take it.

Managed to get the old solar/wind combo drier going for a few hours too.

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

That explains it 11:45 today.....got shafted in Cork

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

14.7kw produced here in galway. Production dropped from about 3 on though. Still can't complain for january!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

5.4kw here today in North Kildare on a 4.2kWp install. Great start to the day then fell off a cliff at 1 pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭buzz11

Beautiful curves in Galway today 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

2nd best day of the year here with 7.2kWh.

Time to start easing down in the overnight charging though. Exported again today but only 0.3kWh fortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Yesterday was very good,8.2kwh from a 2.5kwp system facing south in Galway City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Another decent day here in galway. 9.5kwh produced

So so day yesterday, 5kwh got. Bulk of that was around 1pm. Very cloudy the rest of the day

The forecast looks utter scutter for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭championc

If you haven't added your system to the spreadsheet, then here is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/126q1if4RJqtmB1z-M6cxuXr6TknY_SwKuwAjxZsxh8E/edit#gid=1217242061

Start on the first tab and take a spare line, then proceed to the second tab to enter your monthly stats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

Not too bad a day here 5.8kwh generated on a 4.2kWp system.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

10.6 kWh in Fingal. Tomorrow looking good too. 🤞

Done for today and real up and downer peaking at 6.39kW, this follows a 6.8kWh yesterday with Tuesday being a 9.7kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Similiar story. Interesting that my peak was a little about the nominal inverter output?

Advertisement