Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Worst day of the month yesterday, only 7.9kWh.

Caught the wife putting on a white wash too, flippin 3 hour cycle, at 5pm!

She's got so used to washing/drying during the day it has become habit. But mostly back to running these things overnight.

Daily import from the grid has been 7.4kWh for the last 2 days. Average was about 4-5kWh through August apart from days when I charged the car overnight.

:P It's a fine balance between getting the Mrs. to be more solar aware and being threatened with divorce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She's back on track today. Just phoned me to warn me that the battery was almost full and generation was high.

I had already run the dryer earlier and the washing machine was on a timer, so I turned on the dishwasher via app. That'll eat up some power til we get home and plug in the car.

til we get home and plug in the car.

In the nick of time...

525831.jpg

@garo your pm inbox is full.

Thanks made room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 tom4321

Daily Production: 14.5kWh from yesterday | Location: Meath |

Turd of a day today. 8.5kWh, almost exactly half of yesterday's total.

And the forecast yesterday was crap, and today supposed to be good!

Far from it. Its been like this since about 3pm.

525911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tom4321

Daily Production: 6.8kWh today. Less than half of yesterday | Location: Meath |

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

garo wrote: »
    What inverter do you have? Do the 3kW go on the same string? You don't want to put panels facing different directions on the same string.

Trannergy PGL3400.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

6kwh in meath also.
    I still havent had a clear day since my system has been up and running ��

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Going to be pretty grim figures today I think.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Trannergy PGL3400.

I don't see a PGL series on their website but this here: https://www.trannergy.com/en/products/sgn3400-5400tl

can take 3kW on a single string. So you could move all existing panels onto one string assuming you are within voltage and current limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,670 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    I still havent had a clear day since my system has been up and running ��

There are very few "blue sky" days in Ireland. We had a good few of them in May and early June, but none since.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Going to be pretty grim figures today I think.

Started off very wet up here in South Donegal, but the sun has been breaking through since 11, looks like it could end up being our best day of the week. It has been a very dull week.

Plenty in march/April of this year.
    Be nice to see one before we head into propper short days

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Started off very wet up here in South Donegal, but the sun has been breaking through since 11, looks like it could end up being our best day of the week. It has been a very dull week.

Yeah sun has actually broken through here now too thankfully.

Closest to a bluesky day I've had so far is the 8th of August:

526004.JPG

Yeah 8th of August my best day aswell.

Yeah this morning was awful, dark and miserable and torrential rain.

Brightened up big time at about 2pm, consistently around 2.5kW with occasional bursts of 4+.

Like winterman I left the house this morning expecting the worst all month, at this rate it could be close to the best (19kWh).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Closest to a bluesky day I've had so far is the 8th of August:

Any suggestion as to why your generation line is relatively smooth whilst mine is all over the place?

Mickeroo
    526004.JPG

DrPhil (my best day, 3rd Sept, 19kWh)
    526009.jpg

Any suggestion as to why your generation line is relatively smooth whilst mine is all over the place?

The difference between clouds and wall to wall blue sky, just the luck of where you are on the day. The cleanliest looking day I had this year was the 13th April, they don't happen very often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I don't see a PGL series on their website but this here: https://www.trannergy.com/en/products/sgn3400-5400tl

can take 3kW on a single string. So you could move all existing panels onto one string assuming you are within voltage and current limits.

That certainly looks like mine.
    My solar guy is passing by tomorrow so I’ll have a better idea of where I’m at then.

May consider a zappi charger is one pops up for decent money to take the benefit from the excess then.

Gumbo wrote: »
    May consider a zappi charger is one pops up for decent money to take the benefit from the excess then.

Saw one for sale earlier on Facebook I think, €400 and seemed like it included a Harvi. Tethered one.

The difference between clouds and wall to wall blue sky, just the luck of where you are on the day. The cleanliest looking day I had this year was the 13th April, they don't happen very often.

Mine are nearly always zig zagging, even on a scorching day.

Maybe because I've got 2 separate arrays facing different directions? More scope for variation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mine are nearly always zig zagging, even on a scorching day.

Where do you live again?!! :D

Ps I'm currently exporting at a rate of 4.8kw...

Curses!!!

KCross wrote: »
    Where do you live again?!! :D

Same county as Winterman, who got this:

526012.png

Whereas even on my best day ever (35.8kWh) I still had some major jagged dips.

526015.jpg

Mickeroo
    526004.JPG

DrPhil (my best day, 3rd Sept, 19kWh)
    526009.jpg

Clouds, that day there was basically none! Other days it's all over the shop.

I have never seen any day since that looked as smooth. That day was blue cloudless sky from morning to evening, a normal good day is like yours up and down. Cloudless days don't happen very often, any more than 2 a year I would class a bonus. 6.2kWh here so far today, best day seen last friday, but raining now and generating 190 watts.

Saw one for sale earlier on Facebook I think, €400 and seemed like it included a Harvi. Tethered one.

Do you mind PMing me where you saw that?

• Advertisement

Do you mind PMing me where you saw that?

PM sent.

Advertisement