Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So when folk start earning more than €200 from FiT and have to pay tax, can they list the increased standing charges as a tax write off? 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Gonna be some big numbers posted today I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Barely on 27kw right now, not great here all day, cloudy and rain a while ago.

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Let's see those numbers boys (and girls)

45.5kwh new record this year 😁

Likewise new all time record for me.

Previous record 27.2Kwhr from May 8th.

5.3kwp split east/west. South Dublin city

• Advertisement

27.8kWh for me, battery full and only starting to discharge at 9:30pm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great to see, not my highest yesterday but still filled the hot water and EV as I was away for the day and car on driveway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

19-5-22 : New record for me too - first time exceeding 40kWh just - as 40.2kWh generated, 25 for FIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

No record for me at 31kWh.... (6.1kWp just south of Cork city). Once the sun was out it hit its max from nearly 10:30 all the way to around 4pm but there were heavy clouds all day which really messed it up.

As I mentioned before I have not had a clear perfect day since 27th March which is nearly 8 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong I have had good days since then a couple of 40kWh days, but I know I could have hit well into the 40s if not more if I had a clear sky. See the second graph below with my best day so far at 42 kWh, there was still a lot of clouds around that day.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

25.5kWh today. Not bad considering the south array was down until about 1pm being upgraded. Peaks up to almost 7kW afterwards though.

Mad day for weather too. Sunshine to torrential rain within a few minutes.

• Advertisement

For those with a south facing array, where the rising sun is behind it from early morning, what production are you getting after, say 1hr after sunrise?

Getting 200w (from a 6.86kw array @ S+20°) at 06:30 with sun at E-20°. Sunrise at 5:18 today and clear skies, but we live in a valley so the sun takes another half hour to appear for us. Panels started up about 5:45.

Edit: 1hr later at 6:45, it's up to 350w

Here is from 10 days ago I have not had a cloudless day in weeks but it looks like a clear enough morning and there is a steady curve to show potential. Doesn't really get going until after 7am. I am on a south facing slope which means at this time of the year the sun is coming up behind me. I can see houses across the valley (north side of the valley) in the distance getting full sun earlier than me.

at 07:15 644 Watts

08:05 1500 Watts

08:30 2000 Watts

@ 10:45am I maxed out at 6100 Watts

Edit 6.1 kWp system south of Cork city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Facing similar to you at 200° on a 35° pitch, 8.16kW array.

Sunrise at 05:20.

Start producing at 05:00 70w

05:30 232w

06:00 520w

06:20 (1hr after sunrise) 735w

Hits the 1kW at about 7:30.

Haven't had a clear cloudless sky in the midlands in weeks so not seeing the full potential and sitting at 660kWh for the month so far, March really was a great month looking back so hopefully will top it by the end of this one.

For comparison, I've an east/west split. It's exactly east/west at 90/270. The split is 1.3Kwp/3.8Kwp and here are the two strings isolated out.

Get pretty good production from 7am onwards. From that time it's 50% of max which is at 11:20am. You can see easily where the sun crests the apex of the roof at 9:20am and starts to hit the west facing array (ppv1).

Thanks everyone. Much the same so, I hit 3.7kWh production around 09:00 as the sun came around, the graph shot up in aporox 5 mins.

I had wondered the last few weeks was this normal, doesn't make N facing panels very appealing for the majority of the year.

If your slope is ok, ideally 20 deg or less, north is pretty good for 6-7 months of the year, but yeah....outside of that, not great. But even with north I did the math and it's feasible for a decent ('ish) return on investment if you were just paying for panels and not having to fork out for a 2nd inverter etc.

N is a deffo DIY route after main panelling done, just futureproof existing cabling etc to allow for minimal additional effort/costs

I'd need another inverter to use the N side of the existing setup.

Have another S facing lean-to shed, I could probably squeeze 18-20 panels on if needed, though the slope is fairly flat and is approx 20/25M to connect to the mains which introduces another ball ache.

Hope to build a small extension to the main house in a couple of years so plan A is to add another inverter and 4-6kWh of panels on an E/W split which would compliment the existing setup nicely.

Plan B is the other shed, the rafters in it need to be replaced at some stage so could increase the pitch a little then. Down the line when we have 2 EVs in the house, it may come into the equation.

Plan C would be the N side of the current S facing array on another outbuilding. Unlikely to ever do that though.

I think when you are moving into 3/4 string scenarios it needs to cover all aspects, no use 4 strings all S facing unless huge battery bank, better off to be generating and consuming, much more efficient

Time to empty those batteries and put that stinky shirt you've been wearing since last week in the wash. Tomorrow looks like blue skies and a record setter (at least for Dublin anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Second failed estimate in a row

And still going strong.

Tomorrow should overtake April's gen too

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Ha! 😀

Yea, tomorrow looking like a record breaker

Finally broke the 40kW barrier today, a new record. Though I'm putting it down to getting changed from a 5kw to a 6kw inverter yesterday (incorrect size fitted originally) than stunning weather.

Also got a myenergi hub so I can more easily dump more excess into the hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭brianbruff

new record for me 50kwh in Limerick today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

And there it is

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

And we had cloud and rain showers up north all day.. and we are trying to get grass cut! Rain next week too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

Broke 60 mark today with tomorrow promised even better

Even though I put in a 42.9 kWh day yesterday once again there were clouds that were holding me back, also it looks like there was some high level clouds (or just hazy) that stopped me reaching my peak of 6.1 kW all day and I left a good few kWh on the pitch. If you look at the 23rd the month on a perfect day I should be pounding out 6.1 kW from 10:30 all the way to 5pm.

Today will be good as well so we will see. On a positive note the next few days are look good so should top off the month nicely.

(6.1 kWp system South of Cork City)

@brianbruff what is your system size and details they are good numbers.

You might consider entering you system data into this website one of the users created, it has most peoples system sizes and we enter our monthly data as well to we can contrast and compare

https://www.pvstats.eu/home.pl

• Advertisement

Advertisement