Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Must be great for ye guys yesterday putting out big numbers living in the south of France with clear blue skies....but for me living in Cork Ireland it was lashing it down all day yesterday and only did 7.6kWh on my 6.1kWp system..... 😏

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Where the hell are all ye people living!!! I was joking earlier suggesting ye were living in the south of France but these numbers it feels like I am living in a different country! For the last two days down here in Cork it has been miserable 7.5kWh yesterday and probably the same again today. Its been raining solid all day today and yesterday practically 😪

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Sunny north west! Didn't break the 60, looking more like 58.

But it was a cracker of a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

A miserable day with 6.7 today in Dublin, tomorrow better pick up, battery at 50% now and should be good until tomorrow but 2 days in a row of this crap weather will mean using the grid for real for the first time since 14th April 🤢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

32.5 today , Sunny North west ..

Although i had to make a trip to limerick at 13:00 .. couldn't believe the change , when i left Mayo it was 22° and sunny , got to limerick it was 13° and lashing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

96.7kWh in 2 days in Donegal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ended up with 4.8kWh today. Forecast 😂for tomorrow is a bit better, but not great. Currently have 75% SOC on the (5kWh) battery so I think I'll take a punt on it. I know its only a few cents on the night rate, but its fun to see if you can ride through the bad days with no grid. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

You lads in the North West are flying the last few days, didn't see the sun here all day so only 12.4kWh.

• Advertisement

Yup, today was 32.5kWh.

Sitting on a daily average of more than 33kWh currently and I've purchased less than 2kWh since May 23rd.

Messing around with some graphs because I'm bored and this is not technically a daily PV production as such, but I decided to do some moving averages to smooth out some curves. (6.1 kWp system, south of Cork City, facing south)

Here is my 30 day moving average and as you can see my production has settled into on average to around 25 kWh/day from late March, not bad I suppose but I would have thought it should be going up a bit especially now into June. Obviously totally dependent on what the weather is...

Here is a moving 7 day average and this is really up and down....it goes from a low of only 0.5 kWh per day over 7 days in the last week of December last year (yes it was that bad..) to an average daily production of 36.7 kWh over 7 days during the last week in March this year

A fairly poor 21kWh today. 3rd worst of the month.

Still, only purchased 2.1kWh so far in June and never more than 0.6kWh in a day. One of which was because I accidentally started a boost on the Zappi at full blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

To be fair the weather has been awful. Overcast and raining for hours each day with breaks in the late evening which won't help your South facing setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Managed 18kWh today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Been a poor June so far, avg just over 25kwh a day, only 3 days over 25.

21kW imported, with 75 exported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

A fairly overcast month so far alright, similar to May.

Averaging 30.66kWh and have only broken the 40kWh a couple of times so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Hasn't been the best but yes definitely some higher numbers last June, no 40s yet:

This June:

At least my export is way down which is sweet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This year is poor compared to last year alright, only saving grace was last week or so of March.

Absolute muck again in the north west. Currently on 14 for the day.

My goal of going a full month without purchasing is hanging by a thread lol.

Battery currently at 80% but it's a long evening with very little production remaining, and a load of clothes to dry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

First full day of the new system today. It's still ticking away now with about 100W or so but can safely say it has done 19kWh. Installed panels is around 4.5kWp. For a mostly cloudy day I'm impressed.

Managed to dump some of the battery into the hot water tank and car at varying points so I've been tweaking things trying to get it set right. Changed the eddi to the master and set the export threshold. Hopefully that does it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What do you mean by changed Eddi to master and set export threshold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Sorry, I've the zappi car charger also. That was the master device so controls the others. If the eddi is the master then you're able to set the export threshold and response delay on it to avoid them digging into the battery. I think I set it to minimum 100W being exported for 25 seconds.

Now it shouldn't start heating until at least 100W is being exported for that time. What happened was there were little peaks of export before the battery was charged and the eddi would grab that and keep going. The inverter would inevitably try to keep up with the usage in the house and dump what it has.

Here's a page on it - https://veepenergy.ie/how-to-prevent-the-myenergi-eddi-to-drain-your-battery/

Made it, finished the day on a miserable 15.3kWh but the battery this morning still had 33%.

Next few days looking slightly better so it'll recover a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have some of them apples!!!!

Finally a half decent day in Donegal.

11kWh so far, have used boost to pump 3kWh into the Eddi and 7kWh into the car as the wife is going out at 1.

I'll let the battery fill up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keg

did you get this issue sorted? I am experiencing the same issue on a new install

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Are you seeing that power being exported ? And do you both have the same batteries ? It could be the same type of battery with bad firmware on it's BMS

Haven't a clue, I can barely remember yesterday never mind 14 months ago I'm afraid.

I'm guessing it was just a glitch or the software down for updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Finally had the RECI do the hookups today on the DIY install, inverter went live at about 2pm and generated 11kWh on a 4.5kWp e/w split. House used 2 and the car 8 and 1 exported, such a good feeling!

Advertisement