Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't feel safe in my job

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Be safe.

What do you do for income?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What do you do for income?

That's a rather personal question to ask.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

That's a rather personal question to ask.

Lay off the beer lads, you're coming across as being the biggest arseholes on the Internets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Your obsessed with getting everyone in a mask. Quit the job because you've no business working with people the way your going on here.

Yeah he has no business being around people, wanting them to wear a mask so he can protect himself as well as them. How dare he want to feel safe at work. I'm thankful there's no one like you in my workplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Lay off the beer lads, you're coming across as being the biggest arseholes on the Internets

I'm sober here Mr. Plural.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

This is pointless.

If he does not like it, he can leave and go on dole ....if he qualifies.

His health will suffer then.

I'm sober here Mr. Plural.

What's wrong with you then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So you think it's ok for people to be inches away from your face?

Are you not wearing a mask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

OP keep wearing your face mask and washing your hands. Start going for a run every evening but do not shower. After 3-4 day every Ody will stay at least 1-2 meters away from you. Nobody will put there face within a meter if you.
    Problem solved

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pelezico wrote: »
    This is pointless.

If he does not like it, he can leave and go on dole ....if he qualifies.

His health will suffer then.

They don't qualify. Waiting to hear all day what this job is, in fairness I do agree with a lot of their posts just this mask thing is getting out of hand, if they said none of the dirty friggers they work with were washing their hands i'd be more concerned.

It's the HSA if their working outside guidelines or quit, not that I think the guidelines will save everyone anyway. New jobs it's probabtion anyways, guidelines don't allow for as many workers they get the boot, last in first out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

OP keep wearing your face mask and washing your hands. Start going for a run every evening but do not shower. After 3-4 day every Ody will stay at least 1-2 meters away from you. Nobody will put there face within a meter if you.
    Problem solved

... add in some egg and onion sambos for lunch every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

I started a new job and I don't feel safe. There's very little distancing between workers and no face masks worn. Face masks worn if you want to. There's very little staff that do wear them.

I have seen people inches away from people's faces with no face mask. My supervisor is telling me that they are following the HSE advice which is all about social distancing. But that's not stopping people from speaking to people inches away from other people's faces.

I don't feel safe in my job. I shouldn't have to put my health at risk in taking up a job. I can't claim jobseeker's because I can't leave my work.

Am I asking too much for a safe working environment?

Report them OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Minier81 wrote: »
    ... add in some egg and onion sambos for lunch every day!

And drink two cans of Guinness every evening and chew 3-4 cloves of raw garlic

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I started a new job and I don't feel safe. There's very little distancing between workers and no face masks worn. Face masks worn if you want to. There's very little staff that do wear them.

I have seen people inches away from people's faces with no face mask. My supervisor is telling me that they are following the HSE advice which is all about social distancing. But that's not stopping people from speaking to people inches away from other people's faces.

I don't feel safe in my job. I shouldn't have to put my health at risk in taking up a job. I can't claim jobseeker's because I can't leave my work.

Am I asking too much for a safe working environment?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114222227&postcount=7266

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement