Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you watch RTE News for your daily updates on Covid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You'd be sick of the constant talk about it, at this stage I just zone out and have no interest

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

The only way..says the RTE cameraman as he flaunts his own lack of observance of the rules.

It sickened my hole..listening to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Don how many threads are you going to start today to try and get your conspiracy theories across?
    Are you Gemma in disguise?

Who is Gemma??
    Keep using "conspiracy theorist" as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I get all mine from Facebook.

Apparently its actually the hand sanitizer gel that is spreading the disease. pass it on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don2012 wrote: »
    Do you get all your information and updates from RTE on Covid?

Absolutely not. In fact quite the opposite. Where there is some change, lifting of restrictions, masks in shops, I cotton on pretty quick just by personal observation.

My point is I'm not following it at all. It's something in the background in my mind that I know will diminish eventually. I''m pointedly not getting hysterical about it, I have no personal health issues of relevance and I see no reason to get wound up about it, as if to virtue signal I care about others peoples lives, to a highlighted degree. I don't think it's either natural or beneficial to do so, quite the opposite. Will do on one's personal mental health any good to be getting all wound up about it.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Bitchute now is it?

Agreed mo chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Agreed mo chara.

So predictable. You'd think "critical thinkers" would be capable of independent thought, yet they just just lap up any conspiracy theorist's shíte as being DA TrUTh.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Absolutely not. In fact quite the opposite. Where there is some change, lifting of restrictions, masks in shops, I cotton on pretty quick just by personal observation.

My point is I'm not following it at all. It's something in the background in my mind that I know will diminish eventually. I''m pointedly not getting hysterical about it, I have no personal health issues of relevance and I see no reason to get wound up about it, as if to virtue signal I care about others peoples lives, to a highlighted degree. I don't think it's either natural or beneficial to do so, quite the opposite. Will do on one's personal mental health any good to be getting all wound up about it.

Great way to look at things, thank you.

pjohnson wrote: »
    So predictable. You'd think "critical thinkers" would be capable of independent thought, yet they just just lap up any conspiracy theorist's shíte as being DA TrUTh.

I think alot of things are being censored now, many have moved over to bitchute for free speech etc.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You'd be sick of the constant talk about it, at this stage I just zone out and have no interest

It's not good for a person's mental health and wellbeing. That's for sure.

• Advertisement

I don't trust them as much any more.

I come for covid details but theres usually some left leaning agenda thrown in. Even the guardian is not as bad.

Dr John Campbell on youtube is a good source.

I used to get my news from the journal until I realised they were liberal to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Who is Gemma??
    Keep using "conspiracy theorist" as an excuse.

Christ you might actually be Gemma with a reply like that.

Ah the random picture from the internet to try and prove a point. As always it fails.

Christ you might actually be Gemma with a reply like that.

Ah the random picture from the internet to try and prove a point. As always it fails.

Who is this person?? I picked a picture that was perfect for you little obedient liberals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I try to stay away from it now unless it's local news that may affect me. These daily updates shouldn't be pumped out so high profile in my opinion. Anxiety and stress it's causing the vulnerable is unreal. Are we going to spend the rest of our days getting a daily update?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Usually pop on boards around 6ish to get my daily dose. ACitizenErased does a great job just posting the figures and the breakdowns without all the waffle. It's also fun to hear the it's fine it's only a cluster group vs the we're doomed groop debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Don2012 wrote:
    I used to get my news from the journal until I realised they were liberal to the core.

'Liberal to the core', ffs! Your listening to too much American nonsense now, walk away from it, our potentially face going full retard

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah mostly. It's the most reliable and trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Yes RTE. Reliable with good analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I get about 60% of my info on Covid from RTE. The rest I get from UK TV, and various other print (web) outlets, including boards (but obviously many of the posters on Boards are way more biased one way or the other).

I think RTE is biased in about as much as everybody is biased, that's human nature, but they seem to try to present the facts without the hyperbole or agendas that you see in other media outlets.
    I don't agree with the BBCs method of having to have an opposing viewpoint no matter how fringe it is. That hasn't done the UK well over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Yeah mostly. It's the most reliable and trustworthy.

Good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Pelezico wrote: »
    The RTE guys love covid.

During lockdown I went for my 2km walk and walked across bridge on M50....only to encounter an RTE cameraman taking shots of cars driving along M50.

We have to stop people travelling he told me. It's the only way.

The only way I thought...what are you doing on his bridge pontificating about the only way.

You should have pushed the d###head over the edge...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I get my info from RTE, Irish Times, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, BBC and sometimes I go to reddit for more American coverage. But I don't check updates every day. Oh and Dr John Campbell on youtube, he does what the media are supposed to be doing.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'Liberal to the core', ffs! Your listening to too much American nonsense now, walk away from it, our potentially face going full retard

I don't listen to American nonsense. I'm only interested in what's happening in my own country. Can I have an opinion??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't listen to American nonsense. I'm only interested in what's happening in my own country. Can I have an opinion??

What nonsense do you listen to, as you clearly get your views and news from somewhere? You ask for opinions, how about giving a view. Everywhere mentioned has faults, it seems, so where is the factual unbiased news available?

Only having an interest in you own country, btw, leads to a very restricted and insular view of life and situations.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    What nonsense do you listen to, as you clearly get your views and news from somewhere? You ask for opinions, how about giving a view. Everywhere mentioned has faults, it seems, so where is the factual unbiased news available?

Only having an interest in you own country, btw, leads to a very restricted and insular view of life and situations.

Keep it up, you left leaning bullies on here attack any chance you get. An opinion that is different from your own is silenced and banned, use are like voltures waiting to attack! Grow up. Respect opinions that are different from your own.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

What gives you the right to attack me and brush MY opinion off as "nonsense"!!?
    Who do you think you are??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So with that in mind?
    Where do you obtain your data?

The Irish case numbers, infection rate, hospitalisations and so on?

What gives you the right to attack me and brush MY opinion off as "nonsense"!!?
    Who do you think you are??

You referred to outlets used by other people as nonsense!

I asked, more than once , the simple question; if you find fault with all the media outlets so far mentioned then where do you get unbiased and balanced news yourself? It's not a hard question and is most definitely not an attack.

banie01 wrote: »
    So with that in mind?
    Where do you obtain your data?

The Irish case numbers, infection rate, hospitalisations and so on?

Crawl back under the bed and keep your muzzle on, good lad. Doesn't take long for the gang to all start once one crawls out.

• Advertisement

Keep it up, you left leaning bullies on here attack any chance you get. An opinion that is different from your own is silenced and banned, use are like voltures waiting to attack! Grow up. Respect opinions that are different from your own.

Left leaning??? That is laughable. You have no idea what my political persuasions are.

How about just answering the question? You haven't giving an opinion yet except to knock the sources others have stated.

Advertisement