Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing F2000 Eir router

• 08-08-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Does anyone know if the Orbi AX6000 is supported on Eir? Looking to replace the rubbish f2000 with this system to get the most out the gigabit fibre i have. It seems an expensive system so i would expect to have all the bells and whistles required.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk852.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Best you could buy, I suppose.
    It won't support phone though, if you need a landline you have to keep old modem.
    ps. It is not supported by Eir officially, of course, so you can't ask them to setup it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 42 UKLad

Thanks I do not need a telephone so that should be fine just a little worried that I would need to fiddle around with the new router settings for it so work with eir and I wouldn’t be confident in that.

I have ORBI RBK53 ( older model) with EIR FTTH , working perfectly.
    Definitely would recommend Orbi RBK852

That’s great. I too have FTTH did you have to do anything within the router settings for it to work with Eir? Or was it as simple as plug and play?

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »

Thanks much appreciated should have it by Thursday, I have been getting a maximum of 240mb on a Gigabit plan so I am hoping that this will resolve it as the router is so poor that eir provide even right next to it.

Where did you get it from , Amazon.uk or Amazon.de?

Where did you get it from , Amazon.uk or Amazon.com?

Amazon UK

Would you have any WiFi 6 capable devices i.e. iPhone 11 etc?

Would you have any WiFi 6 capable devices i.e. iPhone 11 etc?

Yes not many but even on my wife’s iPhone 10 ild expect 400-600 on 5ghz next to the router

• Advertisement

Hey Alec I received the Orbi today but it will not connect the internet. Checked your settings for Vlan 10 and Used eircom@eircom.net for ppoe but still no connection ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Jesus christ, what on earth would you need a system so expensive for? I bought an Asus 150 router for my Digiweb Gigabit and its perfect, the orbi system is for mansions or businesses, having that in a simple house in Ireland would be a pointless expenditure

I get your point but it doesn’t help me get it set up :)

On hold for an hour now with Netgear, Eir we’re useless when I called tech support. If anyone has set up an orbi please let me know

UKLad wrote: »
    I get your point but it doesn’t help me get it set up :)

On hold for an hour now with Netgear, Eir we’re useless when I called tech support. If anyone has set up an orbi please let me know

Eir won't help you with a 3rd party route nor should they, Are you using it in bridge mode? What does your settings page look like

Hey Alec I received the Orbi today but it will not connect the internet. Checked your settings for Vlan 10 and Used eircom@eircom.net for ppoe but still no connection ?

I dunno, it is so simple , hard to comment.
    How did you ever come up with pppoe ?
    There is no PPPoE settings for Eir FTTH.
    ONLY one thing needed is Vlan 10 tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Jesus christ, what on earth would you need a system so expensive for? I bought an Asus 150 router for my Digiweb Gigabit and its perfect, the orbi system is for mansions or businesses, having that in a simple house in Ireland would be a pointless expenditure

Have you tried using a single wifi access point in a medium sized house with a small extension(solid brick wall)?
    Or what about someone with a very basic house but wants good WIFI in their garden?

Have you tried using a single wifi access point in a medium sized house with a small extension(solid brick wall)?

No hence why I use a Tri Band Asus router which cost 20% of what the OP bought

No hence why I use a Tri Band Asus router which cost 20% of what the OP bought

So your house is different from other types of house that are also very common and everyone has different needs?

I dunno, it is so simple , hard to comment.
    How did you ever come up with pppoe ?
    There is no PPPoE settings for Eir FTTH.
    ONLY one thing needed is Vlan 10 tag.

Tried it without PPPOE also doesn’t work, eir told me on tech support to use pppoe to log in for a third party router

• Advertisement

Tried it without PPPOE also doesn’t work, eir told me on tech support to use pppoe to log in for a third party router

Eir's support are hopeless.
    DHCP is what you want to use with Eir FTTH.

Jesus christ, what on earth would you need a system so expensive for? I bought an Asus 150 router for my Digiweb Gigabit and its perfect

I know , why anyone buying Tesla S , Ferrari etc while
    Fiat Punto has 4 wheels too and could bring you to any place you want!?

I know , why anyone buying Tesla S , Ferrari etc while
    Fiat Punto has 4 wheels too and could bring you to any place you want!?

It's almost as if different products are to serve different purposes and performance.

You doing something radically wrong there, do you know anyone who could do it for you ?
    It is really simple though .

This article is solid , whould recommend it too.

I don't have an ORBI but it should be as simple as this

8cdad6524d7a8bd0137f634bf3b8c860.png

But answer no to require a login and select get DNS automatically unless you do not want to use Eir's DNS.

You did plug Orbi Router ( not the satellite)directly to ONT , did you?

You did plug Orbi Router ( not the satellite)directly to ONT , did you?

I can confirm it’s the router in the ONT, tried login page with what you suggested and still nada. I even tried old router and it works. So strange

I would do factory reset and start from the scratch,make sure no PPPoE settings involved this time.

• Advertisement

Rest didn’t work - tried everything got back onto eur who are still useless and insist these settings work they say I have to enter VPI 8 and VCI35 which are not in any of settings - will need to get a refund so annoyed

they say I have to enter VPI 8 and VCI35 which are not in any of settings
    That’s the settings for ADSL modem.

ps.
    I don’t know what to say, try it again tomorrow, ask someone else to setup it for you .There is always a chance it is faulty kit altogether.

Some people on here have got the orbi working with Eir FTTH, just just have not seen this post.

Maybe try a post in this thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058028624&page=75

Some people on here have got the orbi working with Eir FTTH, just just have not seen this post.
    I have Orbi mesh system with Eir FTTH 300 mbit for almost a year.
    There is nothing tricky about it, almost as any other third party router.

I have Orbi mesh system with Eir FTTH 300 mbit for almost a year.
    There is nothing tricky about it, almost as any other third party router.

Any chance you could screen shot your internet settings should look like this?

Is that what an apple user calls a screenshot? :pac:

• Advertisement

VLAN config with it set to 10?

Also that's a weird way to set your DNS as both will be used. Set secondary to 1.0.0.1 if you want to use cloudflare.

All the same - still nothing. I’m going to send it back, thank you for you le help

VLAN config with it set to 10?

Also that's a weird way to set your DNS as both will be used. Set secondary to 1.0.0.1 if you want to use cloudflare.

VLAN 10 obviously
    You can use multiple providers for DNS ,no problems there .

Advertisement