Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying site with foundations down.

Options
  • 09-08-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping you guys could help with a site I am looking at in the Kilkenny area. Site has PP for a 5 bed two story house of approx. 250 sq m. I have a ball park figure of what the build cost would be.

However this site already has the foundations down and is ready for block work to start. I'm trying to figure out how much this is worth for my calculations.

Roughly how much will the build cost come down considering foundations are already down. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Worth nothing imo
    Assume it’s an ~07 boom time failure?

I’d price for cost of removal and disposal, and relay foundations.

IF the planning is in fact current, you are obliged to build to current building regs.

It is unlikely the foundation Will meet current standards, and I doubt you have an engineers/archs report Confirming what’s gone into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Reversal wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hoping you guys could help with a site I am looking at in the Kilkenny area. Site has PP for a 5 bed two story house of approx. 250 sq m. I have a ball park figure of what the build cost would be.

However this site already has the foundations down and is ready for block work to start. I'm trying to figure out how much this is worth for my calculations.

Roughly how much will the build cost come down considering foundations are already down. Thanks.

Is the planning live? that is most important, also are you happy to build per original plans?
    Overall not significant saving as i reckon 5k would dig and put in foundation.
    You likely save a bit on not having plans drawn up.
    For me the planning is the key as i gather one-off house which is very difficult to get at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Its an additional cost, rather than a benefit as it needs to come out if you want a fully certified house that can be easy sold and borrowed against

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Its an additional cost, rather than a benefit as it needs to come out if you want a fully certified house that can be easy sold and borrowed against

I am curious to know, if the OP was building off the exact same plan as the original would the poured concrete assuming it was certified as done to spec at the time have to be removed.

Advertisement