Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on “society” outing

Options
  • 09-08-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

I’m looking for a bit of advice that you guys will know a lot more about than I do.

I’m going to give a little bit of a backstory for context:

I run poker tournaments all over the world for a number of different companies. During these times we have been unable to run live poker tournaments. I love golf for the social aspect but I’m not very good. I decided to get sponsorship from all the different companies I work with for prizes in order to run a golf event for poker players. The event happened last Sunday and was reasonably successful. We had nearly €2,000 worth of prizes and if anybody had gotten a hole in 1 on the first par 3 they would have gotten €500 from one of the companies! I don’t think we will be able to get these prizes again from the companies but I have created a Facebook page which associates both golf and poker tournaments.

I would like to do another one in the near future. As stated above I don’t think I will be able to get the prizes which were sponsored for our first event. I would like to do an event which will award cash prizes. Our last event cost €55 to play which included the round of golf, dinner and a pint.

I’m looking for any advice which you guys could give me for the organisation of the next one. The main things I’m looking for advice on are securing a nice golf club early, the price of the day (round of golf and how much extra for prizes mainly) and any other little tips you may have.

Many thanks for your time,
    Glenn Doyle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement