Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card question

• 09-08-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I have never had a credit card before bit am considering getting the KBC credit card.

Currently all my bills are taken from my N26 account via direct debit.

The question I have is:

Is it possible to pay utility bills and mortgage payments via credit card?, and if it is, are there any extra charges for doing so?

I'd like to pay as much as possible on the credit card to maximise the 1% cashback it pays out.

The full balance will be paid on time every month.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is it possible to pay utility bills and mortgage payments via credit card?, and if it is, are there any extra charges for doing so?

Utility Bills yes, though check each utility's Ts & Cs. There may not be a direct CC charge but there may be an incentive to pay via DD from a bank account.

Vodafone and Netflix debit my CC each month and there's no additional charge but Easytrip (toll tag) charge a higher 'admin fee' when you pay via credit card vs. a DD from a bank account so I let them debit my current account.

Mortgate payments: you can ask your lender but almost certainly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

coylemj wrote: »
    Utility Bills yes, though check each utility's Ts & Cs. There may not be a direct CC charge but there may be an incentive to pay via DD from a bank account.

Vodafone and Netflix debit my CC each month and there's no additional charge but Easytrip (toll tag) charge a higher 'admin fee' when you pay via credit card vs. a DD from a bank account so I let them debit my current account.

Mortgate payments: you can ask your lender but almost certainly not.

Thanks for the reply.

You just reminded that one of the terms of my utility bills discounts are that i pay by DD.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You just reminded that one of the terms of my utility bills discounts are that i pay by DD.

'DD' doesn't necessarily mean a bank account. You can sign a DD mandate for a credit card account. As I have done for Vodafone and Netflix - I don't manually pay them each month, they automatically debit my CC. Which in the case of Vodafone is by a variable amount.

Advertisement