Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with the direction Ireland is heading in?

Options
  • 09-08-2020 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Have the EU full control over everything? is our leaders just faces for the real masters in Brussels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No.
    No.

/end thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't think so, though I'm loath to say more as you'll just call me a liberal or leftist.

What do you think yourself. I may then agree with your well reasoned points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

No.

We need proper border control and start we need to deport all bogus asylum seekers (ie economic migrants who claim to be asylum seekers).

No.

We need proper border control and start we need to deport all bogus asylum seekers (ie economic migrants who claim to be asylum seekers).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Don2012 wrote: »
    Have the EU full control over everything? is our leaders just faces for the real masters in Brussels?

The EU have no control. Member states agree and decide, and the subsiduarity principle applies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

No.

Thank you. Common sense and a free thinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Thank you. Common sense and a free thinker.

Common sense in the Common Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Jesus Don, did you suffer some particularly bad experience in the last week that has made you so angry and bitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Yes, we have some obvious issues, housing, health, low level trolls, but for the most part life in Ireland is better now than it was 20, 30 or more years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Phoebas wrote: »
    Jesus Don, did you suffer some particularly bad experience in the last week that has made you so angry and bitter?

You must be living in a totally different Ireland or even world to me then. Either you are unaware or just going with whatever law is put before you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We did this earlier, are you having a breakdown or looking to get banned?

Seeing all those lads crossing over to Dover, knowing that half of them are probably making their way here as we type these messages. Frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is this not just a rehash of a thread you already ranted on?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058103084/1

Change the record, go outside get some fresh air, ride your bf/gf and let go of the bitterness.

If you want discussion, let's!
    Lay out your issues and actually engage, rather than your usual rant and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

No I'm not happy in the direction that we're heading we've gone too far to the right so we need a big swing back to the left before we all turn into Trump supporting racists.

Yes......rugby is in terminal decline here

About to enter a 2nd golden hurling age

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't worry OP, you will eventually get the ban you so desperately crave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

We did this earlier, are you having a breakdown or looking to get banned?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Stop living on the internet.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm convinced four or five of these fascist posters are actually the one person replying and bum tapping themselves over and over.

Anyone who wants immigration controlled is fascist. Cop on, lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yes, Covid crisis aside. Keeping closer to Europe in the wake of Britain’s exit should shield us from the ill “effects” of the, inevitable, downturn in their economy.

An overhaul of our immigration system is badly needed. Having people rotting in “centres”, for years at a time, has to end. The sooner we get them in the sooner they can meaningfully contribute to the economy.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone who wants immigration controlled is fascist. Cop on, lad.

It generally is controlled, majority of cases anyway

Yes, Covid crisis aside. Keeping closer to Europe in the wake of Britain’s exit should shield us from the ill “effects” of the, inevitable, downturn in their economy.

An overhaul of our immigration system is badly needed. Having people rotting in “centres”, for years at a time, has to end. The sooner we get them in the sooner they can meaningfully contribute to the economy.

Yes, we need lots more workers for our meat factories. What could possibly go wrong?

Yes, we need lots more workers for our meat factories. What could possibly go wrong?

Would you do the job?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It generally is controlled, majority of cases anyway

We successfully deport a small fraction of the people whose asylum application is rejected. We do not have control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You must be living in a totally different Ireland or even world to me then. Either you are unaware or just going with whatever law is put before you.

Do you believe we should have more or less obedience or religion in Ireland?

quote="Wanderer78;114264484"]It generally is controlled, majority of cases anyway

We successfully deport a small fraction of the people whose asylum application is rejected. We do not have control.[/quote]

So I guess we should take back control then, yea?

Would you do the job?

I am highly educated with significant experienced in a field that is in demand. I also have savings to tide me over for an extended period to wait for the right role if made redundant (again).

quote="Wanderer78;114264499"]Would you do the job?

I am highly educated with significant experienced in a field that is in demand. I also have savings to tide me over for an extended period to wait for the right role if made redundant (again).[/quote]

Again, would you do the job? Doesn't seem like you understood the question first time, apologies for not simplify it

I am highly educated with significant experienced in a field that is in demand. I also have savings to tide me over for an extended period to wait for the right role if made redundant (again).

Again, would you do the job? Doesn't seem like you understood the question first time, apologies for not simplify it[/quote]

The answer is there if you look close enough.

• Advertisement

Again, would you do the job? Doesn't seem like you understood the question first time, apologies for not simplify it

The answer is there if you look close enough.[/quote]

So, yes, you would do the job, fair play ta yea. Do you eat meat?

Please be aware, I wasn't asking how great you were, apologies, my fault

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement