Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with the direction Ireland is heading in?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

FFS, this site is unusable in Full site and Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The answer is there if you look close enough.

So, yes, you would do the job, fair play ta yea. Do you eat meat?

Please be aware, I wasn't asking how great you were, apologies, my fault[/QUOTE]

Some nice smart arse posts from you. Funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So, yes, you would do the job, fair play ta yea. Do you eat meat?

Please be aware, I wasn't asking how great you were, apologies, my fault

Some nice smart arse posts from you. Funny guy.[/quote]

I have my moments, oh I more or less have the same ****e as yourself, but who cares really, there's more important ****e in life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

joeguevara wrote: »
    Do you believe we should have more or less obedience or religion in Ireland?

What has religion got to do with my question?
    Obedience to whom?

No I'm not happy in the direction that we're heading we've gone too far to the right so we need a big swing back to the left before we all turn into Trump supporting racists.

Are you serious? Ireland has turned into a liberal dump who have taken over everything. The reason the country is going down the toilet rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Don2012 wrote: »
    What has religion got to do with my question?
    Obedience to whom?

Well some people would think that the direction ireland is heading is to do with people turning away from religion. I wanted to know are you religious, but then thought you couldn’t be as you hate being told what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Yes, we have some obvious issues, housing, health, low level trolls, but for the most part life in Ireland is better now than it was 20, 30 or more years ago.

Record numbers of children homeless. Record numbers of homeless. A housing and health crises only brought down in number recently because of Covid. This is the direction we continue in. We're not all eating out of bins by any means be we are breaking records yearly on such things. We have so much potential despite incompetence and cronyism in government(s). We need work on balancing having the fifth highest number of billionaires per capita in the world with record breaking social crises.
    Just watch for a new quango before the end of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Not one bit. It would not surprise me in the slightest if there are Muslim and African rape gangs swept under the covers operating right now as we speak in Ireland just like the ones in Huddersfield, Rotherham and Rochdale.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

When did it become boards.ie moderation policy to delete posts without any explanation???

I am on here long enough to know that this is a very recent and worrying development.

If there is a problem with a post... By all means delete it... But leave a mod message explaining why it was deleted, or impose a mod action if required.

But this way of simply deleting a post as if it never existed is cowardly in that you do not have to be accountable for your actions.

Not good enough mods.!

Are you serious? Ireland has turned into a liberal dump who have taken over everything. The reason the country is going down the toilet rapidly.

Again, step away from the american nonsense, it's currently a political basket case, it has become a de-politicised country, leading to a highly toxic swamp, including its misuse of political language

• Advertisement

It generally is controlled, majority of cases anyway

Charlie Flanagan is the biggest traitor, he let anyone and everyone into Ireland, the new one isn't much better, another FG clown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/investigation-into-immigration-offences-launched-after-men-spotted-leaving-a-truck-from-rosslare-port-39364194.html

Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, and the Greens are discussing plans to give up to 17,000 undocumented migrants legal status in Ireland as part of their programme for government talks. Farce of a country this is.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/giving-legal-status-to-17000-migrants-discussed-at-talks-39222908.html

There are many more articles, easy to find.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    When did it become boards.ie moderation policy to delete posts without any explanation???

I am on here long enough to know that this is a very recent and worrying development.

If there is a problem with a post... By all means delete it... But leave a mod message explaining why it was deleted, or impose a mod action if required.

But this way of simply deleting a post as if it never existed is cowardly in that you do not have to be accountable for your actions.

Not good enough mods.!

Sites clearly fcuked, if we re having problems posting, so are the mods

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sites clearly fcuked, if we re having problems posting, so are the mods

No.

I'm referring to the removal of specific posts without explanation. The posts have been quoted so there's evidence they existed.

Its cowardly and inappropriate modding

Charlie Flanagan is the biggest traitor, he let anyone and everyone into Ireland, the new one isn't much better, another FG clown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/investigation-into-immigration-offences-launched-after-men-spotted-leaving-a-truck-from-rosslare-port-39364194.html

Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, and the Greens are discussing plans to give up to 17,000 undocumented migrants legal status in Ireland as part of their programme for government talks. Farce of a country this is.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/giving-legal-status-to-17000-migrants-discussed-at-talks-39222908.html

There are many more articles, easy to find.

You do realise our issues have little or nothing to do with the foreigners, the dole scroungers and those that fail to engage in personal responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

What a ridiculous thread to start. Such negativity towards the eu and the Irish government. It’s not like Ireland has a Taoiseach who thinks sovereignty is a backwards way of thinking....
    Wait, what’s that?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

What a ridiculous thread to start. Such negativity towards the eu and the Irish government. It’s not like Ireland has a Taoiseach who thinks sovereignty is a backwards way of thinking....
    Wait, what’s that?

Well some people would think that the direction ireland is heading is to do with people turning away from religion. I wanted to know are you religious, but then thought you couldn’t be as you hate being told what to do.

I think for myself, and after research come up with my own conclusions, we have to in this day and age. We cannot just believe everything the box in the corner tells us. Well since you brought up religion (not me) Ireland is now a secular state, our leaders are all Godless, their actions have proven that. Like many rich and powerful people they think they'll never need God and can control everything. Not how things work, but hey that's just MY opinion.

I think for myself, and after research come up with my own conclusions, we have to in this day and age. We cannot just believe everything the box in the corner tells us. Well since you brought up religion (not me) Ireland is now a secular state, our leaders are all Godless, their actions have proven that. Like many rich and powerful people they think they'll never need God and can control everything. Not how things work, but hey that's just MY opinion.

I'm agnostic, I've no idea where you're going with this, but why aren't I rich and powerful? I want my rich and powerful!

So are you religious? I couldn’t believe that you could follow a belief about god being in a tabernacle just because it’s written in a book but not believe medical experts who can back things up with evidence. Jaysus, my mind is blown.

Have the EU full control over everything? is our leaders just faces for the real masters in Brussels?

Here horse, what way do you reckon it's going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No. An increasing amount of our money is getting pissed away on "causes", to NGOs, international Aid, the EU etc. Next time there will be a government there will be new causes, NGOs and the previous ones will get their hand outs to stay quiet and the politicians will eventually find their post politics gig.

In the last few months we've had government piss away 16bn to the EU. Media kept it quiet, they did absolutely no digging because they didn't want to whip up any negative EU feeling.

Simon Coveney who everybody knows is gagging for a job at the UN to follow in the footsteps of his chum Peter Sutherland. Coveney and Varadker spent nearly 1m in trying to get him his gig at the Security Council. But not only that he spent 20m to increase WHO funding because Donald Trump said he is cutting funding. We spent 20m for Simon Coveney to look good.

5.5bn every year goes to the NGO/Charity industry. Some do decent work. The vast majority are ****e. They are basically just websites for activists. That figure will rise as the Greens and FF will be lobbied by their own guys looking to jump on the cash cow.

1bn gets spent on Foreign Aid. We get absolutely nothing back on it. China spends a lot of money on "International Development" but they are basically loansharking. They will build you a new shipping port but when you can't pay for it, they'll repossess it and keep it for themselves. Every thing they do is to benefit China. Everything we do is to benefit a bunch of politicians, to enhance their reputations. Nothing to do with us.

For all that wastage, the EU money to bail out the Mediterranean tourist industry (of which we get nothing back on) is to be spent over 7 years.

Over that 7 years, we will have lost 16bn to the EU. 38.5bn to NGOs, 7bn on Foreign Aid (and then the rest they want to piss away)
    That's over 60bn pissed away on stuff that to make a small amount of people look good for their future employers.

Coveney and Varadker have been front of the queue to sign up refugees for the EU. Knowing full well that it's been a disaster everywhere else and their lives will be within the welfare system.

People see corruption as folks taking backhanders in brown envelopes for a spot of planning permission. I struggle to see how what is going on is not people being corrupted by the lure of future employment.

We have 60bn pissed away over the next 7 years. For stuff that doesn't benefit us. We'll have to make cuts for stuff that does benefit us to pay for the 60bn and Covid19.

For 60bn we could have an underground rail in Dublin. A Luas for Cork, Galway and Limerick. A **** load of new garda, doctors, nurses, build a **** load of housing and probably some change left over to host the Olympics. I don't want to waste money on the Olympics but you get drift.

This will all be perpetual. All the party's are in on. Money being spent on people looking good and cuts to things that we actually need.

So are you religious? I couldn’t believe that you could follow a belief about god being in a tabernacle just because it’s written in a book but not believe medical experts who can back things up with evidence. Jaysus, my mind is blown.

Come again? When did I say what my belief was to you? Or any of your friends?

No. An increasing amount of our money is getting pissed away on "causes", to NGOs, international Aid, the EU etc. Next time there will be a government there will be new causes, NGOs and the previous ones will get their hand outs to stay quiet and the politicians will eventually find their post politics gig.

In the last few months we've had government piss away 16bn to the EU. Media kept it quiet, they did absolutely no digging because they didn't want to whip up any negative EU feeling.

Simon Coveney who everybody knows is gagging for a job at the UN to follow in the footsteps of his chum Peter Sutherland. Coveney and Varadker spent nearly 1m in trying to get him his gig at the Security Council. But not only that he spent 20m to increase WHO funding because Donald Trump said he is cutting funding. We spent 20m for Simon Coveney to look good.

5.5bn every year goes to the NGO/Charity industry. Some do decent work. The vast majority are ****e. They are basically just websites for activists. That figure will rise as the Greens and FF will be lobbied by their own guys looking to jump on the cash cow.

1bn gets spent on Foreign Aid. We get absolutely nothing back on it. China spends a lot of money on "International Development" but they are basically loansharking. They will build you a new shipping port but when you can't pay for it, they'll repossess it and keep it for themselves. Every thing they do is to benefit China. Everything we do is to benefit a bunch of politicians, to enhance their reputations. Nothing to do with us.

For all that wastage, the EU money to bail out the Mediterranean tourist industry (of which we get nothing back on) is to be spent over 7 years.

Over that 7 years, we will have lost 16bn to the EU. 38.5bn to NGOs, 7bn on Foreign Aid (and then the rest they want to piss away)
    That's over 60bn pissed away on stuff that to make a small amount of people look good for their future employers.

Coveney and Varadker have been front of the queue to sign up refugees for the EU. Knowing full well that it's been a disaster everywhere else and their lives will be within the welfare system.

People see corruption as folks taking backhanders in brown envelopes for a spot of planning permission. I struggle to see how what is going on is not people being corrupted by the lure of future employment.

We have 60bn pissed away over the next 7 years. For stuff that doesn't benefit us. We'll have to make cuts for stuff that does benefit us to pay for the 60bn and Covid19.

For 60bn we could have an underground rail in Dublin. A Luas for Cork, Galway and Limerick. A **** load of new garda, doctors, nurses, build a **** load of housing and probably some change left over to host the Olympics. I don't want to waste money on the Olympics but you get drift.

This will all be perpetual. All the party's are in on. Money being spent on people looking good and cuts to things that we actually need.

Why aren't you in on it? It's the easiest money I've 'earned'!

Maybe look to the failures within the fire sectors (finance, insurance and real estate), and clusterfcuks such as austerity, for some answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Would you do the job?

Nah the old robots will do it eventually.
    People should really look at an episode of how do they do it. Automation is fascinating.

Great post!! A breath of fresh air to see this, well research and on point!

Nah the old robots will do it eventually.

While we all sit back and enjoy our work free days in paradise!

Come again? When did I say what my belief was to you? Or any of your friends?

It’s in your posts. They are public.

Now you’ve denied god twice, remember peter denying it three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

While we all sit back and enjoy our work free days in paradise!

You tell me mate. Dunno how it's going to turn out.

Have fun, don. You're good for the clicks.

• Advertisement

Have fun, don. You're good for the clicks.

???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement