Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with the direction Ireland is heading in?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

joeguevara wrote: »
    It’s in your posts. They are public.

Now you’ve denied god twice, remember peter denying it three times.

Don't take the moral high ground with me bud. Good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

No. An increasing amount of our money is getting pissed away on "causes", to NGOs, international Aid, the EU etc. Next time there will be a government there will be new causes, NGOs and the previous ones will get their hand outs to stay quiet and the politicians will eventually find their post politics gig.

In the last few months we've had government piss away 16bn to the EU. Media kept it quiet, they did absolutely no digging because they didn't want to whip up any negative EU feeling.

Simon Coveney who everybody knows is gagging for a job at the UN to follow in the footsteps of his chum Peter Sutherland. Coveney and Varadker spent nearly 1m in trying to get him his gig at the Security Council. But not only that he spent 20m to increase WHO funding because Donald Trump said he is cutting funding. We spent 20m for Simon Coveney to look good.

5.5bn every year goes to the NGO/Charity industry. Some do decent work. The vast majority are ****e. They are basically just websites for activists. That figure will rise as the Greens and FF will be lobbied by their own guys looking to jump on the cash cow.

1bn gets spent on Foreign Aid. We get absolutely nothing back on it. China spends a lot of money on "International Development" but they are basically loansharking. They will build you a new shipping port but when you can't pay for it, they'll repossess it and keep it for themselves. Every thing they do is to benefit China. Everything we do is to benefit a bunch of politicians, to enhance their reputations. Nothing to do with us.

For all that wastage, the EU money to bail out the Mediterranean tourist industry (of which we get nothing back on) is to be spent over 7 years.

Over that 7 years, we will have lost 16bn to the EU. 38.5bn to NGOs, 7bn on Foreign Aid (and then the rest they want to piss away)
    That's over 60bn pissed away on stuff that to make a small amount of people look good for their future employers.

Coveney and Varadker have been front of the queue to sign up refugees for the EU. Knowing full well that it's been a disaster everywhere else and their lives will be within the welfare system.

People see corruption as folks taking backhanders in brown envelopes for a spot of planning permission. I struggle to see how what is going on is not people being corrupted by the lure of future employment.

We have 60bn pissed away over the next 7 years. For stuff that doesn't benefit us. We'll have to make cuts for stuff that does benefit us to pay for the 60bn and Covid19.

For 60bn we could have an underground rail in Dublin. A Luas for Cork, Galway and Limerick. A **** load of new garda, doctors, nurses, build a **** load of housing and probably some change left over to host the Olympics. I don't want to waste money on the Olympics but you get drift.

This will all be perpetual. All the party's are in on. Money being spent on people looking good and cuts to things that we actually need.

One things for sure. The Piper will always have to be paid. Debt rollover infinite is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Don2012 wrote: »
    Don't take the moral high ground with me bud. Good to know!

But Don, you asked the questions but now refuse to give the answers. Don, why have you foresaken me? Forgive me, I know not what I do. All i want is to be in paradise.

But Don, you asked the questions but now refuse to give the answers. Don, why have you foresaken me? Forgive me, I know not what I do. All i want is to be in paradise.

What you are asking has nothing to to with my original question. What age are you btw?

What you are asking has nothing to to with my original question. What age are you btw?

The first question you asked is are you happy with the direction ireland is headed in. I believe religion is central to the answer. If you don’t want to answer, just say, or ignore. What is age, when we are here for eternity.

• Advertisement

The first question you asked is are you happy with the direction ireland is headed in. I believe religion is central to the answer. If you don’t want to answer, just say, or ignore. What is age, when we are here for eternity.

"You believe religion is central to the answer" YOU!!!
    Keep drinking that cool aid !!

"You believe religion is central to the answer" YOU!!!
    Keep drinking that cool aid !!

Yes. I think that all religion should be removed and people should believe in science. I think that anyone who denigrates science and facts but fervently follows a book and an imaginary man in the sky is a huge reason for most of the issues we have. Also, I find that a lot of people who fall into that category are the most vicious and Inhumane people I have come across. So, what are your thoughts?

No

Because there's buffoons out there that insist on blaming the eu for purely Irish issues.

Complain about immigrants despite the fact that we have sent far more out than taken in.

And are absolutely ignorant of the law and how it applies within both the nation and Europe.

Brexit, voted in by fools and then there's the bigger fools who still want to follow them.

All of Ireland's biggest problems are brought on by ourselves. Without the EU we'd be just another rinky-dink country.

Ousting Fine Gael and Fianna Fail at the earliest opportunity is of utmost importance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you happy with the direction Ireland is heading in?

For the most part, yes. It's not perfect, there are somethings we could do better, there are other things we could do much better. Overall, more good than bad.

I do worry at times that the vocal minority racists and fringe lunatics (Gemma take a bow) will start to gain traction here but then I remind myself that their activity is generally limited to ranting incessantly on the internet which keeps them off the streets for the most part. That can only be a good thing.

I would prefer if we reduced our dependence on multinationals, not by reducing or restricting them. More by incentivising, encouraging and rewarding home-grown businesses.

In general I think we're doing well and we certainly punch well above our wight Internationally.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP has closed their account. As they've been continuously trolling over the past couple of days and many of those posting in this thread probably realise that, I'm closing the thread to deny them any more "entertainment" from those who they have wound up

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement