Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To paint or not to paint?

• 10-08-2020 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭

My daughter got a wooden fence put up at the side of her house but the guy who put it together said she could not paint it until next year. Am I missing something or is there a reason for not doing so. We were intending to paint it next week.

Just for clarity. Half of the fence is used boards from some other place the guy was working and he said he would cut her a deal on it. The other half is new - standard pressure treated boarding.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Newly pressure treated wood may reject the water-based paint or stain and leave it looking patchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lumen wrote: »
    Newly pressure treated wood may reject the water-based paint or stain and leave it looking patchy.
    Thanks for that.

She's planning on applying wood preservative as opposed to paint .... "painting" was a poor description on my behalf.

Advertisement