Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronnie O Sullivan

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Dead serious, but you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am.

Absolutely, I just disagree with you, I thought that was an absolute classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Absolutely, I just disagree with you, I thought that was an absolute classic

I know Arnold, you already said.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I know Arnold, you already said.

Sorry hun, didn't mean to upset you, will try to tone my language if I respond to one of your posts again

Sorry hun, didn't mean to upset you, will try to tone my language if I respond to one of your posts again

No need to apologise Arnold, you haven't upset me.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Am Az Ing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Legend.....wait for it.......dary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

It was pretty epic in fairness tho I missed that incident mark is referring to with Ronnie and the cue while he was taking a shot on the green

Different gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Seriously? That was amazing, one of the tensest and most entertaining frames I've ever sat through

It was incredible at the time. And then ronnie rubbishes the concept of even getting drawn into such a scenario but to anyone who doesn’t relish that aspect of the game I ask you this:

What is indeed snooker, without the snookering? aaahah.... :P snookered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭batman75

It's funny you watch so many post football match interviews where coaches and players come out with inane observations. Yet when Ronnie comes out with something of substance he gets slaughtered. I think his comments were to some extent tongue in cheek but his central points re the lack of talent coming through is worrying for snooker. You would wonder is the game itself under threat in the professional sense. Hopefully not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

What can you say about those last few frames last night? The recklessness at 15-14; taking on that crazy blue; looked like he given up on the battle. Then comes out and moves up a gear with the 138 and wins the next frame off an absolute belter of a long pot. Genius. Can see how Selby was annoyed if banging the cue ball and what looked like hitting and hoping a few times could be construed as poor etiquette. I wouldn’t claim to be a snooker expert and have never played the game so not fully sure if it is or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am blaming the smoking ban on the lack of young talent coming through.

Smoking halls have been traditionally used to allow people to practice snooker in for years. As soon as the ban came in teenagers had to spend more time outdoors to allow them to keep up with their smoking.

It makes sense all things considered.

All the best players were/are smokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Smoking halls have been traditionally used to allow people to practice snooker in for years. As soon as the ban came in teenagers had to spend more time outdoors to allow them to keep up with their smoking.

It makes sense all things considered.

All the best players were/are smokers.

Teenagers don't smoke as much as they used to though.

I thought Wilson could leave Ron stewing in his seat and that’s how the session’s transpired. Just short of picking his nose with his que tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Bobblehats wrote: »
    That Apple ad at the end of each frame is doing my head in.

Me too. The 'Apple' lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Honestly...he's just brilliant. Love watching him. That comeback against Selby was immaculate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Himself and Selby should have been the final. Going to be a short final session later. I feel bad for Wilson but honestly he just doesn't look in the same class as O'Sullivan.

Why did they play disco music between frames?! May have been up wilsons alley but only seemed to rile rockin ronnie into action, bad move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Terry Griffiths made Peter Ebdon look like Hurricane Higgins

Cliff Thorburn was also very boring to watch but still riveting compared to Griffiths, the man from the valley's was simply cruel ,he made Fr Stone from Fr Ted look exciting

Griffiths and Thorburn had a match in the Crucible in the 80s which finished at something like 3 in the morning :eek: they were supposed to finish that afternoon but didn't so had to wait for the evening match to finish and then go on the table again. Must have been fun to watch :)

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I played a lot of snooker in the late 80s/early 90s, never saw anyone smoking in a snooker hall.

Rothko wrote: »
    Teenagers don't smoke as much as they used to though.

If it's a choice between phone credit or a packet of smokes, there's only one winner.
    People used to think mobiles give you cancer, they can actually save you from cancer :)

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is there anything to stop opponents taking 2 minutes before a shot?

This extra time seems to destabilize the rocket ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That reminds me. Good side by side video. Ronnie O’Sullivan made a 147 break faster than it took Mark Selby to play a single shot last year.

https://twitter.com/Livesnooker/status/1293600719250087938?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I played a lot of snooker in the late 80s/early 90s, never saw anyone smoking in a snooker hall.

Don't know what places you were playing in :confused:

every snooker hall I played in the late 80s early 90ies was like a sauna with the amount of smoke in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cienciano wrote: »
    That reminds me. Good side by side video. Ronnie O’Sullivan made a 147 break faster than it took Mark Selby to play a single shot last year.

Sickening from Selby, who the hell wants to see that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Here's a total clearance he made a few years ago, if O'Sullivan did this, his fans would never shut up about it, he has made over 600 century breaks, so it's not he's some hopeless eejit that has to resort to underhand tactics to win a game, he is slow compared to O'Sullivan, but then again so is everyone.

• Advertisement

Ronnie O’Sullivan made a 147 break faster than it took Mark Selby to play a single shot last year.

Only to make the rashest choice possible. Those long suffering people either he rates the Northern Ireland Open very highly, or he doesn’t really at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Wasnt Peter Ebdon at this craic years ago with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Wasnt Peter Ebdon at this craic years ago with him

He was. Complete ****ing looper that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

fullstop wrote: »
    He was. Complete ****ing boring looper that lad.

Fixed that for ya

Advertisement