Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Ennis?

Options
  • 10-08-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm moving to Ennis after 6 years living in Dublin to live with my boyfriend. I'm into art and have played tag in Dublin (even though I'm desperate at it). I'm a bit worried about making friends, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Im here 32 years, there's FA to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Im here 32 years, there's FA to do

Wow - really.

So lets see what I can list without even thinking hard about it:

1) GAA clubs for all age grades and both sexes (3 at least).
    2) Soccer clubs (2 at least).
    3) Rugby club
    4) Musical society
    5) Tennis / Badminton club
    6) Golf clubs (2 in the town, another 3 at least within 30 minutes drive)
    7) Walks etc - at least 4 national parks / woodland reserves within 30 minute drive.
    8) Leisure centre / swimming
    9) At least 40 fishable lakes / rivers within a 30 minute drive
    10 Three marinas within 30 minutes drive
    11) Bowling etc at the Entertainment centre (might be closed due to Covid right now)
    12) Wind surfing at Ballyalla Lake
    13) Surfing in at least 3 places within 30 minute drive
    14) Diving club and 2 more within 30 minute drive
    15) Running facilities etc at Lees road.
    16) Clay pigeon / archery centre just outside the town
    17) At least 20 interesting places to visit such as Quin abbey, Scattery Island, The cliffs of Moher etc etc within 30 minutes drive.

And that's just off the top of my head, I bet I could come up with a few more given time and google... but, sure - 32 years of knowledge and you must know more and there's 'FA' to do... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,038 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm moving to Ennis after 6 years living in Dublin to live with my boyfriend. I'm into art and have played tag in Dublin (even though I'm desperate at it). I'm a bit worried about making friends, any advice?

My advice is don't make friends in Ennis. Lucky enough though the train to Limerick is only €6 online

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Panda_Returns

Deagol wrote: »
    Wow - really.

3) Rugby club
    4) Musical society
    7) Walks etc - at least 4 national parks / woodland reserves within 30 minute drive.
    11) Bowling etc at the Entertainment centre (might be closed due to Covid right now)
    17) At least 20 interesting places to visit such as Quin abbey, Scattery Island, The cliffs of Moher etc etc within 30 minutes drive.

And that's just off the top of my head, I bet I could come up with a few more given time and google... but, sure - 32 years of knowledge and you must know more and there's 'FA' to do... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks a million, really helpful. Moved down this week. Its actually a gorgeous town, ended up joining yoga, prob end up joining the badminton club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,038 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Thanks a million, really helpful. Moved down this week. Its actually a gorgeous town, ended up joining yoga, prob end up joining the badminton club too.

It's probably one of the nicest small town centres in the country and they have closed all the main shopping streets to traffic during covid and hopefully they keep it up on weekends forever.

It's been a while since I was there but Numero Uno pizza was an amazing spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Deagol wrote: »
    Wow - really.

3) Rugby club
    4) Musical society

save you the time to google 7 soccer clubs based around Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

You're welcome, glad you are enjoying it so far. Lived in Ennis / Clarecastle for 20 years and found it a lovely town with lots going on (if you look ;) )

Advertisement