Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Eyes1 wrote: »
    No he was extorting pubs, bars, clubs, taxi offices and drug dealers under the name of the RIRA.

Got his dues tbh.

Was only a matter of time was clipped - it just happened to be the gangland ones done it, he was going to get it from his own either way the amount of ones he fell out with especially O'Driscoll.

Don't fall for the PR spin that happened after it. Ryan was no republican - at the end of his life anyway, that was a RIRA propaganda stunt and effort to clean up the mess that it had become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

garys in Dublin are ****e these days

UUJ_Lad wrote: »
    Was only a matter of time was clipped - it just happened to be the gangland ones done it, he was going to get it from his own either way the amount of ones he fell out with especially O'Driscoll.

Don't fall for the PR spin that happened after it. Ryan was no republican - at the end of his life anyway, that was a RIRA propaganda stunt and effort to clean up the mess that it had become.

Solid read https://www.vice.com/amp/da/article/vdnakj/i-survived-an-assassination-hit-on-a-real-ira-leader

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

theballz wrote: »

“Alan’s murder was ordered by a drugs gang who mistakenly believed that he was no longer under the protection of the IRA. Realising their error too late, many fled the country as RIRA heavies flocked to Dublin and their new operations commander promised to avenge the death...

...Despite Ryan’s death, it would seem that those currently in the scope of the RIRA are operating on borrowed time.”

Well that didn’t really work out did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Stewart a total spoofer who ran off to Germany shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thesiger wrote: »
    “Alan’s murder was ordered by a drugs gang who mistakenly believed that he was no longer under the protection of the IRA. Realising their error too late, many fled the country as RIRA heavies flocked to Dublin and their new operations commander promised to avenge the death...

...Despite Ryan’s death, it would seem that those currently in the scope of the RIRA are operating on borrowed time.”

Well that didn’t really work out did it.

But wasn’t “the beast” killed in cork because he was linked to Alan Ryan’s murder ? (That’s the story I was given at the time of the beasts death)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Shoelaces wrote: »
    I like this idea that when the forum is quiet some of you lads in the know could tell us about previous off topic incidents.

The Alan Ryan murder I found interesting because of the media coverage. Was he a protector of the people or a drug dealer? Why was he killed? The newspapers had photos of paramedics trying to revive him while his friend was clutching his leg after the shooting.

Imagine walking through an estate you've grown up on a summer's day with your friend chatting about nonsense and someone shoots you. The panic of those moments.

He was a man who basically had huge ego. Himself and his cronies were extorting money under the RIRA banner. They had a meeting with a bunch of hard-core, dangerous men. Threats were made and one person asked if that implied to him, Alan basically signed his death warrent with his response.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    He was a man who basically had huge ego. Himself and his cronies were extorting money under the RIRA banner. They had a meeting with a bunch of hard-core, dangerous men. Threats were made and one person asked if that implied to him, Alan basically signed his death warrent with his response.

Giller?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

But wasn’t “the beast” killed in cork because he was linked to Alan Ryan’s murder ? (That’s the story I was given at the time of the beasts death)

Aidan O Driscoll was done by former associates

So you reckon the RIRA gave the green light for him to be whacked?

• Advertisement

So you reckon the RIRA gave the green light for him to be whacked?

No, the Provos

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

No, the Provos

Story goes Ryan battered a money man for various factions and gangs in a hotel, who unfortunately happened to be with a former Dublin OC of the Provisionals. Ryan signed his death warrant that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Proper Ra men you'd never hear their name.

Nice. I always wondered why the ra never retaliated back - thought they’d gone soft. Glad that’s not the case and this bloke was just dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Luighne DP

Shoelaces wrote: »
    I like this idea that when the forum is quiet some of you lads in the know could tell us about previous off topic incidents.

The Alan Ryan murder I found interesting because of the media coverage. Was he a protector of the people or a drug dealer? Why was he killed? The newspapers had photos of paramedics trying to revive him while his friend was clutching his leg after the shooting.

Imagine walking through an estate you've grown up on a summer's day with your friend chatting about nonsense and someone shoots you. The panic of those moments.
    Wasn't the guy who was with Ryan from Sligo? At the time pressure was been put on a drugs gang in Sligo, if I remember correctly a dud pipe bomb was put on the car of guy who took over from the Irwins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

UUJ_Lad wrote: »
    Story goes Ryan battered a money man for various factions and gangs in a hotel, who unfortunately happened to be with a former Dublin OC of the Provisionals. Ryan signed his death warrant that night.

Guy from Ballyfermot, cigarette “business”, recently deceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Luighne DP wrote: »
    Wasn't the guy who was with Ryan from Sligo? At the time pressure was been put on a drugs gang in Sligo, if I remember correctly a dud pipe bomb was put on the car of guy who took over from the Irwins

what's the story in sligo these days. I presume Irwin is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Timtom68

Hey all first time poster and all that but avid follower of thread.. But to answer question irwins are definitely not gone anywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Timtom68 wrote: »
    Hey all first time poster and all that but avid follower of thread.. But to answer question irwins are definitely not gone anywhere
    Whos left?
    Mad hughie up to much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Nice. I always wondered why the ra never retaliated back - thought they’d gone soft. Glad that’s not the case and this bloke was just dirt
    Dont believe that ****e.
    Gill showed everyone what they are capable of
    Sweet **** all
    Only thing they could do was throw ryans crew under the bus
    If they had any standing they would have done both gills crew then take care of remnants of ryans crew
    They be good men for singing songs in pubs tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Is the feud over now in drogheda? Where have the boylans disappeared to ? Is the Maguire's still running the north east that price is locked up? Whos the main players now for louth Meath area?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Googleyes wrote: »
    Is the feud over now in drogheda? Where have the boylans disappeared to ? Is the Maguire's still running the north east that price is locked up? Whos the main players now for louth Meath area?

I wouldn't necessarily say it's over but the anti-M faction have most of their main and older members either locked up, dead or in hiding so the travellers are for the most part victorious. Stupid move doing what they did to KMW. Boylans are said to be in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

the guy commenting is a clown. any idea where that is?

Sounds like New Delhi

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They used to publish their names so you can send them Xmas cards because they get lonely in prison

Jizique wrote: »
    Guy from Ballyfermot, cigarette “business”, recently deceased?

Your Hunt for the answer is over

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MrSanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Timtom68

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Whos left?
    Mad hughie up to much?

And Patrick and extended family which bring the numbers up alot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Googleyes wrote: »

Is Price still locked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

Stooped wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's over but the anti-M faction have most of their main and older members either locked up, dead or in hiding so the travellers are for the most part victorious. Stupid move doing what they did to KMW. Boylans are said to be in Mexico.

Boylans are in Spain not Mexico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Jizique wrote: »
    Is Price still locked up?

https://www.herald.ie/news/gangster-price-faces-christmas-in-uk-jail-as-kidnapping-trial-is-put-off-until-2021-39745751.html

All six were meant to be court at Wood Green on 17th Dec, but I only see Mk name there . There may be reporting restrictions , I don't know really.

Advertisement