Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ciro Di Marzio

100 fifty bags off 28 grams of "flake" must be fairly shoddy all the same and probably doesn't bring back many returning customers. Particularly since actual flake (well, strong enough stuff anyway) is now sold at street level for a slight premium.

Back in the day an ounce bought direct from high ups would very seldom be flake quality let alone what went in street level.

100 bags as in bags that sell for €100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Looks like that gangland intel group on fb has been closed. Not surprised, lads organising scraps against protesters on it last few days

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/man-who-helped-jail-gangland-23250189

Feel sorry for this ****. What he should do is wait until Kenny is to be released from the murder sentence and then bring charges against him for the abuse and blast him back inside for a few more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Interesting figure here about CAB targeting.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cab-spreads-net-to-every-county-with-40pc-increase-in-targets-38817042.html

1352 targets, about half of them based in the Dublin area. Not all drugs I'm assuming- some would be travelers with illegal or non tax compliant businesses like rubbish removal, foreigners involved in cigarettes or prostitution, dissidents and knock off goods etc.

I wonder what the threshold for targeting somebody is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Interesting figure here about CAB targeting.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/cab-spreads-net-to-every-county-with-40pc-increase-in-targets-38817042.html

1352 targets, about half of them based in the Dublin area. Not all drugs I'm assuming- some would be travelers with illegal or non tax compliant businesses like rubbish removal, foreigners involved in cigarettes or prostitution, dissidents and knock off goods etc.

I wonder what the threshold for targeting somebody is.

so essentially what they are saying is that CAB have realised that criminals moved out of the city centre to live and do "business" so they are not immediately on the radar and reduce their risk of getting caught, now the gardai/CAB have realised that even criminals are willing to commute.

• Advertisement

so essentially what they are saying is that CAB have realised that criminals moved out of the city centre to live and do "business" so they are not immediately on the radar and reduce their risk of getting caught, now the gardai/CAB have realised that even criminals are willing to commute.

I would have thought that it was more a case of the CAB had perhaps been after the big names that were based in the Dublin/ Limerick areas but now had the manpower to investigate groups elsewhere which, while perhaps not making the spectacular profits the ones in Dublin made, were getting by well nonetheless.

Not to mention, justifying owning a home in some regional towns where they can be got for under 100K is easier than in Dublin, thus demands more rigorous investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭luke9311

Seen as you were all recently on about flashy and the fact most is crew have left him and by as big as what he used to be... anyone remember that episode of inside the k where the Gardai were in the patrol car window down driving through finglas and stopped to talk to some kid/teen while he stood at the door of his gaff and the Gardai were asking how business is going etc and he replied he’s making €25k a week? Anyone know his name and what he’s role was assuming he was working for flashy at the time? Just a normal street seller or an enforcer or what?

luke9311 wrote: »
    Seen as you were all recently on about flashy and the fact most is crew have left him and by as big as what he used to be... anyone remember that episode of inside the k where the Gardai were in the patrol car window down driving through finglas and stopped to talk to some kid/teen while he stood at the door of his gaff and the Gardai were asking how business is going etc and he replied he’s making €25k a week? Anyone know his name and what he’s role was assuming he was working for flashy at the time? Just a normal street seller or an enforcer or what?

Fairly sure from memory that was ginger bollix Hennessy in Corduff but my memory may be mistaken. And I think it was on the main road, not at his house.

For some reason his face was blurred in that shot but not when he was threatening to rape the cop from behind his gate.

He would have been feuding with "Flashy" (awful name :pac:)

Fairly sure from memory that was ginger bollix Hennessy in Corduff but my memory may be mistaken. And I think it was on the main road, not at his house.

For some reason his face was blurred in that shot but not when he was threatening to rape the cop from behind his gate.

No it wasn’t Hennessy the other poster is talking about

Haha yeah I remember Hennessy alright big juice head ginger lad no it definitely wasn’t him I’m on about. I just remember they were showing the raid in finglas on flashys hide out place and as there leaving if I remember correctly they passed a house with two young lads outside it and the two gardai in the patrol car at the time were asking how much he’s making etc etc and he replied 25k a week and it defo wasn’t flashy I know that for fact coz it didn’t look like him plus he was younger your talking about a 17/18 year old if not younger possibly around CL’s age bracket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ElZee

theballz wrote: »
    Looks like that gangland intel group on fb has been closed. Not surprised, lads organising scraps against protesters on it last few days

That and everyone was commenting gorrilla emojis on posts about the shooting in blanch.

ElZee wrote: »
    That and everyone was commening gorrilla emojis on posts about the shooting in blanch.

That group was full of scumbags parading as concerned citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ElZee

That group was full of scumbags parading as concerned citizens.

There was never any actual information in it, but was entertaining reading all the ****e posted

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

ElZee wrote: »
    There was never any actual information in it, but was entertaining reading all the ****e posted

Full of people calling other people nosey rats dispute all being there for the exact same reason. It was amazing how quick their perspective of the Gardai changed from the timeframe between those lads getting reefed of the dart to the shooting of the Nigerian lad with the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

High speed multiple garda car chase in Finglas South currently Garda copter out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

High speed multiple garda car chase in Finglas South currently Garda copter out too.

Probably ears and his 12 year old mates again

theballz wrote: »
    Nice mate

Sounds the same as when I was younger. Buying hash off lads in clondalkin who were obviously buying bars.

I’m most confused about the likes of flashy is on the ladder. Like how are these lads turning over so much coin? He supplying some of the dealers or has he a crew of young lads doing direct deals - if so then the couldn’t possibly be flipping the coin many on here think he is.

he supplies keys of flake going for 50k these days that can be cut down with mix, he isnt selling a oz of b2b for a 15 year old to sell like there'd be people inbetween

luke9311 wrote: »
    Haha yeah I remember Hennessy alright big juice head ginger lad no it definitely wasn’t him I’m on about. I just remember they were showing the raid in finglas on flashys hide out place and as there leaving if I remember correctly they passed a house with two young lads outside it and the two gardai in the patrol car at the time were asking how much he’s making etc etc and he replied 25k a week and it defo wasn’t flashy I know that for fact coz it didn’t look like him plus he was younger your talking about a 17/18 year old if not younger possibly around CL’s age bracket...

id say he was just taking the p1ss

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    id say he was just taking the p1ss

Yeah could well have been infairness! I was just wondering if anyone knew him or was he mentioned in here before. As the only ones know to me out that was would have been AB and his brother although I’ve been told there no longer involved in crime, them Ryan brothers, SC and ears and that’s about it off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Coke is rife among all the class levels and age levels of Irish society. Nothing glamorous about it. A chap in Finglas or any other working(or middle class) area can get an ounce and chop it into 100 bags and supply his friends and extended peer groups. Most lads in Dublin can access this by their early to mid-teens. Sell a few bags, sniff a bags..pay the supplier and pocket and pocket a small profit. Get a bit more on tick..then rinse and repeat. .

The whole tick system in the drug trade always has me scratching my head, especially given as the fall out from it is the source of many disputes. Why do dealers give credit to those lower down the chain, likely surely they can rustle up a grand or whatever to pay up front? You wouldnt see a tradesman going around doing work and saying to customers ah yeah sure just pay me next week, if he did that most of his time would be spent on debt collection. Wonder why its different in the drug trade where giving credit seems to be widespread, youd have thought cash up front is the best way to go for all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Anybody see the spotlight on Paramilitaries? What happens when a Fenian woman from Dublins 16 year old son gets smacked by a UDA commander, only for the "commander" to be promptly knocked out cold by his other 16 year old boxer friend?

It says so much that from the whole ordeal the only person she felt was being straight with her was not the police, but Jackie McDonald the UDA South Belfast Brigadier (put out Johnny Adair)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVb_kYPZM8

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The whole tick system in the drug trade always has me scratching my head, especially given as the fall out from it is the source of many disputes. Why do dealers give credit to those lower down the chain, likely surely they can rustle up a grand or whatever to pay up front? You wouldnt see a tradesman going around doing work and saying to customers ah yeah sure just pay me next week, if he did that most of his time would be spent on debt collection. Wonder why its different in the drug trade where giving credit seems to be widespread, youd have thought cash up front is the best way to go for all involved.

I've wondered the same myself, maybe someone in the know here could explain why wholesalers and distributors allow small time dealers to get drugs on credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I've wondered the same myself, maybe someone in the know here could explain why wholesalers and distributors allow small time dealers to get drugs on credit.

These guys rarely don’t get paid, especially if their reputation is one of a fearsome individual or has the backing of such a group. I used to swear never to get drugs on tick due to my tendencies to use or give away for free more than I would sell. Dealers then trusted me to pay and would eventually offer tick. Guys paying upfront long enough for drugs will get that. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re gonna pay it back. Dealers tend to use common sense, they’d give on tick to someone with a good income or who doesn’t use erratically as opposed to some homeless dude who doesn’t have a place to charge his telephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Re not paying your tick

Ma “ash ruthless Robbie lawlor is at the door “

Me” oh oh “

Re not paying your tick

Ma “ash ruthless Robbie lawlor is at the door “

Me” oh oh “

Haha come back from the dead and all

These guys rarely don’t get paid, especially if their reputation is one of a fearsome individual or has the backing of such a group. I used to swear never to get drugs on tick due to my tendencies to use or give away for free more than I would sell. Dealers then trusted me to pay and would eventually offer tick. Guys paying upfront long enough for drugs will get that. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re gonna pay it back. Dealers tend to use common sense, they’d give on tick to someone with a good income or who doesn’t use erratically as opposed to some homeless dude who doesn’t have a place to charge his telephone.

That's what I assumed, it seems risky still due to lots of things that could inhibit sale of the drugs (i.e. Gardai arrest or getting robbed) and there's always someone higher up who you've got drugs on credit from who you now have to pay back despite the dealer getting arrested. I assume that from the whole chain (for example, The Columbian guys who manufacture the drugs, the Mexican guys who traffic it to Spain/Holland, the Irish Guys who import it to Ireland from there, the local distributors who sell it to dealers) everyone is given credit to my knowledge or am I incorrect in that line of thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

That's what I assumed, it seems risky still due to lots of things that could inhibit sale of the drugs (i.e. Gardai arrest or getting robbed) and there's always someone higher up who you've got drugs on credit from who you now have to pay back despite the dealer getting arrested. I assume that from the whole chain (for example, The Columbian guys who manufacture the drugs, the Mexican guys who traffic it to Spain/Holland, the Irish Guys who import it to Ireland from there, the local distributors who sell it to dealers) everyone is given credit to my knowledge or am I incorrect in that line of thinking?

How accounts receivable are stated depends on whether the accounts are being prepared under the GAAP or IFRS accounting standards.

There is no standardised format for drug dealing. It's done whatever way the parties agree and if an agreement is made and not upheld then there is fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It is the thing I dont get, as you say when there is credit in the system it only takes one link in the supply chain to fall fowl of the cops and now you've got a dispute with the chap busted not being able to pay up. That debt could be a few million for a wholesaler importing or just a few thousand for a street level dealer but if the drugs are gone and theres no cash to pay back the line of credit thats when things can get hairy and hits or beatings or firebombs get ordered. Operating lines of credit in an illegal trade just seems a shaky way of doing business. A low level dealer taking credit is assuming a risk that he can sell it all without getting busted or someone nicking his stash and these things do happen from time to time, its a feature of the trade.

Now maybe there isnt as much credit in the system as we think but it does seem to be the main source of disputes so it must be prevalent to at least some extent. Just seems to me a strict cash up front policy would avoid a lot of grief for everyone involved and keep everyones activities more under the radar. Like if a house gets its windows smashed in over a drug debt the Gardai are going to know about it. That then brings Garda attention on to whoever did it, all of which could have been avoided with a cash up front policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

Having someone 'indebted' to you can often come in very useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

newmember? wrote: »
    Having someone 'indebted' to you can often come in very useful.

Some day...and that day may never come..

Advertisement