Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Haha come back from the dead and all

That’s the scary part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It is the thing I dont get, as you say when there is credit in the system it only takes one link in the supply chain to fall fowl of the cops and now you've got a dispute with the chap busted not being able to pay up. That debt could be a few million for a wholesaler importing or just a few thousand for a street level dealer but if the drugs are gone and theres no cash to pay back the line of credit thats when things can get hairy and hits or beatings or firebombs get ordered. Operating lines of credit in an illegal trade just seems a shaky way of doing business. A low level dealer taking credit is assuming a risk that he can sell it all without getting busted or someone nicking his stash and these things do happen from time to time, its a feature of the trade.

Now maybe there isnt as much credit in the system as we think but it does seem to be the main source of disputes so it must be prevalent to at least some extent. Just seems to me a strict cash up front policy would avoid a lot of grief for everyone involved and keep everyones activities more under the radar. Like if a house gets its windows smashed in over a drug debt the Gardai are going to know about it. That then brings Garda attention on to whoever did it, all of which could have been avoided with a cash up front policy.

Many wouldnt have the cash up front, tick at all level is the game, when it hits Ireland.

The risks are massive, but so are the profits at which it all boils down to.

If you've taken 20 keys of whatever on tick yourself, you've to get rid of that 20 keys as quickly as possible so that you've spread out the risk of it getting caught, while collecting monies every week until it's paid back, of which you pay up the line let's say monthly.

It's rare now for the windows to be broken, the highers up just want their money that's it, they'll work with you. if you're refusing to pay that's when the sh!te the fan.

It's not all as vicious as we read in the papers, don't take the piss, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Many wouldnt have the cash up front, tick at all level is the game, when it hits Ireland.

If you've taken 20 keys of whatever on tick yourself, you've to get rid of that 20 keys as quickly as possible so that you've spread out the risk of it getting caught, while collecting monies every week until it's paid back, of which you pay up the line let's say monthly.

It's rare now for the windows to be broken, the highers up just want their money that's it, they'll work with you. if you're refusing to pay that's when the sh!te the fan.

It's not all as vicious as we read in the papers, don't take the piss, you'll be grand.

This exactly.

One other thing to mention is, it’s usually the lower end of the chain that would operate on tick. The higher up the chain you are, the longer you’ve been around. The longer you’ve been around, the more cash you have and tick is never required.

What some of the mid-high supply chain players would do is half payment up front and the other half after the goods arrive. Splits the risk with supplier

Most of this is down to relationships and not as bad as movies and the media would like you to think

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I know that's standard but very high risk not buying up front in my eyes, granted for dealers there's no alternative I guess, they don't have the money. Interesting on the distributors/wholesalers working with dealers to pay off the debt, reminds me of the movie pusher haha. I guess violence is the last option if everyone is being rational

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Some day...and that day may never come..

Judging by looking at any of the court cases on the local papers that day comes fairly regularly.

• Advertisement

theballz wrote: »
    This exactly.

One other thing to mention is, it’s usually the lower end of the chain that would operate on tick. The higher up the chain you are, the longer you’ve been around. The longer you’ve been around, the more cash you have and tick is never required.

What some of the mid-high supply chain players would do is half payment up front and the other half after the goods arrive. Splits the risk with supplier

Most of this is down to relationships and not as bad as movies and the media would like you to think

That seems rational for the higher up guys. For the likes of the very high up's i.e. the K's, I couldn't imagine them being solely on credit and having to rely on people down the chain so heavily when they would have the likes of El Mencho or the Russian or Turkish mafia breathing down their necks.

I know that's standard but very high risk not buying up front in my eyes, granted for dealers there's no alternative I guess, they don't have the money. Interesting on the distributors/wholesalers working with dealers to pay off the debt, reminds me of the movie pusher haha. I guess violence is the last option if everyone is being rational

Never buy up front in big amounts at an Irish level, you could have tested the best in the world, when it's delivered it's total sh!te, or you could be robbed for the money if you're a lone ranger. I seen fellas send back sh!te as they wouldn't be able to sell it to their customers, crazy when you think of it, they want their customers to get what they're paying for.

Customer service at its finest.

Never buy up front in big amounts at an Irish level, you could have tested the best in the world, when it's delivered it's total sh!te, or you could be robbed for the money if you're a lone ranger. I seen fellas send back sh!te as they wouldn't be able to sell it to their customers, crazy when you think of it, they want their customers to get what they're paying for.

I guess dealers do care, they get a bad press.

But what if the same scenario above happened but it's not paid for and on credit? Seems like not only do you have poor quality drugs but also a gang after you for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MrNiceGuy42

Defintly seen too many fellas go out with cash and come back with either dud product or empty handed and battered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

If your buying big amounts, even if you have the cash you get it on tick as has been said. If its dirt you hand it back. If its paid for, good luck and goodnight. Lower levels it's better to pay cash, get in and get out with the least amount of transactions to avoid attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    They're the most dangerous in society I think. The ones who will do something for their reputation without any qualms or second thought. There's far too many of these in gangland Ireland.

Kevin McGuigan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Kevin McGuigan

R.I.P. Speedy

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Caolan Smith found guilty of attempted murder of Mago

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Eyes1 wrote: »

Was just gonna post that, I bet mago will be celebrating tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Don Logan wrote: »
    Was just gonna post that, I bet mago will be celebrating tonight

Doubt that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Doubt that tbh

Why not ?

Doubt that tbh

Why not ? I definitely would if I was him, he’s lasted this long, survived being blasted at and being shot and lived long enough to see his shooter get locked up. Result either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Grieving families celebrate when people get locked up, hitmen don't .

Grieving families celebrate when people get locked up, hitmen don't .

They move in silence and violence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Eyes1 wrote: »

Kids....don't buy petrol in the same station for the same car the day before you attempt a hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

You can bet cancer won’t be losing any sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

You can bet cancer won’t be losing any sleep

I wonder how many of the jailed kinahan cronies got offered a deal to take LB or Daniel Kinahan down.

I’m surprised they havn’t cracked anyone yet. They’re running a tight ship in that respect.

What do they get offered inside apart from protection is a question that I wonder about. Unlimited free drug usage as well as an allowance to your nearest or dearest on the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

I wonder how many of the jailed kinahan cronies got offered a deal to take LB or Daniel Kinahan down.

I’m surprised they havn’t cracked anyone yet. They’re running a tight ship in that respect.

What do they get offered inside apart from protection is a question that I wonder about. Unlimited free drug usage as well as an allowance to your nearest or dearest on the outside?
    You would think someone would turn state.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

A few bob each week into the prison accounts too buy sweets in the tuck shop.some of the bigger fish might get the birds/kids a few quid each week too keep the mouth shut.
    Many many moons ago john Gillian use too set aside 50 pounds a kilo he sold for the prison fund each week.a great way too buy loyalty from them

6541 wrote: »
    You would think someone would turn state.

It's not worth it, they'll go after the people you care about or even people linked to the people you care about that's why "supergrass" in the UK name hasn't leaked yet.

The money they've thrown around already shows they'll buy anyone to get at you both physically or mentally.

Also the guards are leaky, they wouldn't guarantee yours or your families safety.

Money talks, bullsh!t walks.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Kids....don't buy petrol in the same station for the same car the day before you attempt a hit

Is Smith actually from Meath as the papers claim? I thought he was part of Flashy's crew?

The older guy from Leitrim, wonder how he got rapped up in going along with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Is Smith actually from Meath as the papers claim? I thought he was part of Flashy's crew?

The older guy from Leitrim, wonder how he got rapped up in going along with this.

Yep he's from Duleek originally

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

Is Smith actually from Meath as the papers claim?

Dunno where he’s from originally, but I know his mother’s in Harmonstown. Think it’s his Dad in Meath.

Thesiger wrote: »
    Dunno where he’s from originally, but I know his mother’s in Harmonstown. Think it’s his Dad in Meath.

Must be proud, how'd he get involved with Flashy and all them I wonder if he's not from there. I used to see the papers say he was from Meath back when he was being named but assumed he just lived there but was actually from the Finglas/Cabra area. From pictures it seems like him and Flashy's crew were life long friends.

Does he have family involved in serious crime? Either way he seems like a ruthless guy based on what the newspapers have accused him of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Thesiger wrote: »

He spilt his time between his auld fella and auld wan when he was younger.
    He auld fella was banging a granny from finglas and that's how he hooked up with the flashy crew.
    He lived in flashys safe house in finglas for about 1.5 years befour he headed on his merry way.

Advertisement