Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭luke9311

theballz wrote: »
    What’s fatpuss at these days? Was he ever big time?

Last I heard was him and his bro are living in finglas staying away from crime altogether but that’s 2/3 years ago now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shedhead07

The whistleblower put up a video of the Liverpool ex gangster fella Darren Gee threatening to punch the head off Daniel and his buddy Marvin.

Just waiting now for someone to post here claiming to be Darren Gee in disguise.

Darren Gee cant fight sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MrNiceGuy42

The word at the time was he was contacting the loyalists trying to sell some stolen art. But it could be the O'Connor's jewelry robbery, he did that job just before the Provos were going to, and they wanted a cut, he told them to take a hike.

Remember hearing at one point was gilligan and treynor who set it up to get it out a bill but always a lot speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Was it ever speculated who the gunman was?

I heard a name before, quite well known for his former IRA links.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We will never know because there was no investigation into his murder

seemed to have no surveillance on him at the time either which was lucky for the gunman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

We will never know because there was no investigation into his murder

seemed to have no surveillance on him at the time either which was lucky for the gunman

There really are some incidents in this country that are more like something from Putin's Russia.

The lack of journalistic digging into the Colm Fox suicide and the real reasons the case against Patrick Hutch was thrown out is unbelievable. I suppose most crime journalists have their Garda sources and didn't seek to rock the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

There really are some incidents in this country that are more like something from Putin's Russia.

The lack of journalistic digging into the Colm Fox suicide and the real reasons the case against Patrick Hutch was thrown out is unbelievable. I suppose most crime journalists have their Garda sources and didn't seek to rock the boat.

Which was?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Christ if you think Russia is bad for killing Journalists you should take a look at America’s history in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LastODC

Was it ever speculated who the gunman was?

I heard a name before, quite well known for his former IRA links.

Dutchy Holland's name went up for it at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭greyday

LastODC wrote: »
    Dutchy Holland's name went up for it at the time

Wasn't him, noo nan was a name mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Remember hearing at one point was gilligan and treynor who set it up to get it out a bill but always a lot speculation.

Didn't they put out the rumour that he had helped the UVF in the Widow Scallons attack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Pidgeon gets a 3 stretch quite lenient as usual, next stop will be life for that loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I am still amazed that that story got so little coverage. I did a massive write-up about it in one of these threads, the sequence of events and the strong likelihood that something extremely dodgy was going on in relation to the evidence gathering and charging in that case, it's incredible that it got so little coverage.

GSOC is investigating, so hopefully whenever they publish findings on the case it'll give journalists a bit of a reminder to look into the whole thing - I think because it involved suicide, the media were being exceptionally sensitive and wary in their reporting of the entire case surrounding it. But the events leading up to it were utterly bizarre and definitely worthy of further exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

greyday wrote: »
    Wasn't him, noo nan was a name mentioned.

Chinese lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭greyday

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Chinese lad?

Maybe a space where one should not be, the Chinese will claim it if we don't close it fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Chinese lad?

A breadless Indian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A breadless Indian

First time grandmother.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

An ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

One thing I’d like to get my head around is although Patrick was running around in drag that day he wasn’t the one that shot DB. If every one on here and the dogs on the street know who the others were that day why couldn’t gardai bring any of the others to trial? Did they all cover their tracks well or did Garda just go for Patrick as he stood out like a sore thumb?

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    One thing I’d like to get my head around is although Patrick was running around in drag that day he wasn’t the one that shot DB. If every one on here and the dogs on the street know who the others were that day why couldn’t gardai bring any of the others to trial? Did they all cover their tracks well or did Garda just go for Patrick as he stood out like a sore thumb?

I'd tend to disagree with you there, there's probably about a dozen people maximum in the whole world know who was actually there.

Reading something in the papers and believing it to be gospel truth is different from knowing something.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I am still amazed that that story got so little coverage. I did a massive write-up about it in one of these threads, the sequence of events and the strong likelihood that something extremely dodgy was going on in relation to the evidence gathering and charging in that case, it's incredible that it got so little coverage.

GSOC is investigating, so hopefully whenever they publish findings on the case it'll give journalists a bit of a reminder to look into the whole thing - I think because it involved suicide, the media were being exceptionally sensitive and wary in their reporting of the entire case surrounding it. But the events leading up to it were utterly bizarre and definitely worthy of further exploration.

That’s interesting. You hardly have a link to your original post on that do you? I’d love to give it a read

I’ve only been following this thread the last year or so, wasn’t always as interested in crime as I am now. This Colm fox incident is the first time I’ve heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wonder what this is all about?

Looks like 2 young fellas stabbed.

https://www.thejournal.ie/north-inner-city-stabbing-5336419-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

I'd tend to disagree with you there, there's probably about a dozen people maximum in the whole world know who was actually there.

Reading something in the papers and believing it to be gospel truth is different from knowing something.

Thats true mate however if it was leaked to DB’s family then I’d bet way more than that would know.

Thats true mate however if it was leaked to DB’s family then I’d bet way more than that would know.

You didn't happen to glean this particular piece of information from the papers by any chance did you?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wonder what this is all about?

Looks like 2 young fellas stabbed.

https://www.thejournal.ie/north-inner-city-stabbing-5336419-Jan2021/

Two little scumbags attacked a Deliveroo driver and got a hiding. Plenty of Brazilians in Dublin who would fairly easily take out one or more scrotes, as these two fleshlights discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Jemmy was given a list the day after regency of people the garda thought might be involved with some innocent people on the list one the reasons neddie was killed 3 days after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Two little scumbags attacked a Deliveroo driver and got a hiding. Plenty of Brazilians in Dublin who would fairly easily take out one or more scrotes, as these two fleshlights discovered.
    Hearing one is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Is that fir definite ? Ones dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Was the deliveroo driver carrying the knife or did the teens have one this is terrible thou after that one on Sunday aswell getting really bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

biggebruv wrote: »
    Was the deliveroo driver carrying the knife or did the teens have one this is terrible thou after that one on Sunday aswell getting really bad

What happened Sunday?

Advertisement