Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 glenboylan

I also said this before LD was definitely involved in the murder of Willie Maughan and his missus. I have that from a golden source.

Who is LD?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

italodisco wrote: »
    So if the rumours are true then it was a relative of Gits that stabbed the woman in the neck a few weeks back?

His son

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

His son

was it not blaines son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

His son

That junkie is 29 and he has a 14 year old son locked up?

Not impossible of course, but ffs like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So if the rumours are true then it was a relative of Gits that stabbed the woman in the neck a few weeks back?
    His son

His nephew. Blaine-dead Coakley's kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Troy Parrot gone down another division...he'll be donning the hoops in tallaght before long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Omackeral wrote: »
    His nephew. Blaine-dead Coakley's kid.

What's the kids initials?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

I have a feeling at this point that we’ll learn nothing significantly new from tomorrow’s panorama showing but I believe that it has the possibility due to the show’s importance in British broadcasting of upping the pace of the ousting of Daniel Kinahan from Dubai. I also believe it has the potential to stem the flow of high profile personalities that would be willing to associate themselves with the MTK brand.

Something tells me a yacht to Brazil will be on standby.

Either way, tuning in.

I was thinking the same.
    I don’t think any devotees of this parish, will learn much that they didn’t already know, but it will definitely point out the elephant in the room, as far as the circus that surrounds boxing is concerned.
    I’ve always been ‘Pro Gerry’, as opposed to being ‘Pro Hutch’, ever since I became aware of his exploits in the early days.
    And as much as I hate the thought of DK making money from the Fury/Joshua fight (as well as his day job), I’ve also never doubted that it was Bomber and the Byrnes that were fanning the flames of the feud.
    There’s no question that DK was the target of the Regency, but after the first couple of retaliatory strikes, it was the Byrnes (backed by Bomber) who were driving it.
    One question I’ve always wondered though, would the Byrnes have had more support from the people in Dublin, if they had just had a normal funeral for ‘Baby David’, as opposed to the one that put Princess Diana’s to shame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

The cash found last week also wasn't the families. Belonged to a different gang. I think it was the Friday before last when the seizure happened.

I also said this before LD was definitely involved in the murder of Willie Maughan and his missus. I have that from a golden source.

The Gurdai will also find it almost impossible to brink DK home unless new evidence comes to light. I thnk the Whistleblower is right is saying he's working with a high powered agency, I'm just not sure if it's MI5

Taghi was working for the Iranians, so you might be 100% right there, could be a star of david card as they work well with Dubai now.

I was thinking the same.
    I don’t think any devotees of this parish, will learn much that they didn’t already know, but it will definitely point out the elephant in the room, as far as the circus that surrounds boxing is concerned.
    I’ve always been ‘Pro Gerry’, as opposed to being ‘Pro Hutch’, ever since I became aware of his exploits in the early days.
    And as much as I hate the thought of DK making money from the Fury/Joshua fight (as well as his day job), I’ve also never doubted that it was Bomber and the Byrnes that were fanning the flames of the feud.
    There’s no question that DK was the target of the Regency, but after the first couple of retaliatory strikes, it was the Byrnes (backed by Bomber) who were driving it.
    One question I’ve always wondered though, would the Byrnes have had more support from the people in Dublin, if they had just had a normal funeral for ‘Baby David’, as opposed to the one that put Princess Diana’s to shame?

You have a good valid point, Bomber obviously got wise to Dk,s lies 2 cousins killed for nothing, and Bomber used the regency against DK, in the same way DK used the lies against hatchet and others, hoping that the heat would bring DK,s mob down, he obviously di not expect to get lifted in the UK though, however, we shall see soon how that pans out, with 1 of them on bail in Dublin, and no worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fenian2020

stingrayed wrote: »
    You have a good valid point, Bomber obviously got wise to Dk,s lies 2 cousins killed for nothing, and Bomber used the regency against DK, in the same way DK used the lies against hatchet and others, hoping that the heat would bring DK,s mob down, he obviously di not expect to get lifted in the UK though, however, we shall see soon how that pans out, with 1 of them on bail in Dublin, and no worries.

Hahahahahaha lay off the zimmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

glenboylan wrote: »
    Who is LD?

Dumbrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lord_Slong2

MrMedium wrote: »
    So things only heating up now after that video of Leo getting the digs off a few of them with shovels and that

No at all, things have been simmering for weeks. I thnk a hit isn't far away

stingrayed wrote: »
    Taghi was working for the Iranians, so you might be 100% right there, could be a star of david card as they work well with Dubai now.

I dont claim to be a know it all but most users here know I've my ear to the ground. This new acc ix similar to my old. I can 1 million percent say it wasn't theirs

Noseygit wrote: »
    Dumbrell
    Without making myself a target for some slanderous law suit, I heard a fella with the initials LD don't it as a piece of work and because he knew way too much about Benny. People don't realise how well LD knows Mr Price

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Well, in regards to support...the Byrne support never significantly changed outside of the core extended relations, in laws and kids from the area who grew up around them and shared their wannabe gypsy love of horses. They don’t trust outsiders but needed them to get the job done and in the end was their downfall, seeing boys like Bomber, Fred and Branno down for serious spells.
    Any other support was bought. I believe that funeral brought in that support, they showed they had backing and plenty of money which attracted the teams of haphazard hitmen or teams like flies around sh*t.
    I think if they avoided the glitz at the funeral, the massacre of innocent hutch members, friends of gerry and the two mistaken identity killings would have vilified them to the point they’re at anyway.
    I don’t think it was a publicity battle they could have ever won.
    I think perhaps underneath the rage of the byrnes lay a cockiness after the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud that they survived and won one and it would eventually blow over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

This is on BBC1 at the moment.

Boxing and the Mob - Panorama

After a leading trainer shot and badly wounded, a former boxer executed in broad daylight, and a gangland killing at a weigh-in for a European title fight, there is evidence that organised crime is involved in professional boxing. Darragh MacIntyre investigates the murky world behind the glamour of the big fights and the suspected gangster who has been welcomed to boxing's top table. Daniel Kinahan has been named in the courts as the head of one of Europe's biggest drug cartels. So how did he become involved in setting up the fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Nicky lookin well in her boots..

Well, in regards to support...the Byrne support never significantly changed outside of the core extended relations, in laws and kids from the area who grew up around them and shared their wannabe gypsy love of horses. They don’t trust outsiders but needed them to get the job done and in the end was their downfall, seeing boys like Bomber, Fred and Branno down for serious spells.
    Any other support was bought. I believe that funeral brought in that support, they showed they had backing and plenty of money which attracted the teams of haphazard hitmen or teams like flies around sh*t.
    I think if they avoided the glitz at the funeral, the massacre of innocent hutch members, friends of gerry and the two mistaken identity killings would have vilified them to the point they’re at anyway.
    I don’t think it was a publicity battle they could have ever won.
    I think perhaps underneath the rage of the byrnes lay a cockiness after the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud that they survived and won one and it would eventually blow over.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think a lot of the backlash they're getting now is because of how Sadie acted and made herself look like a right moron. Not to mention how Lee is behaving on IG it leaves a bad taste in some peoples mouths.

Personality, I knew David and I maybe lynched for this but I actually thought he was bang on. He had time for people and didn't act the gangster. He's gone now and what followed was disgraceful, no family should have to endure a loss from a hit man pulling a trigger. Too many from the Hutch side did and all I can do is say its not right and I wished things played out different and no one from any side were shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Christopher Coakley suffered a broken jaw and a broken arm as well as other injuries when he was assaulted with another bicycle.

Does this mean that Coakley is a bicycle. And him and another bicyle got a hiding?

Or does it mean that someone had used one bicyle to assault someone else and was now using another bicyle to assalt git?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think a lot of the backlash they're getting now is because of how Sadie acted and made herself look like a right moron. Not to mention how Lee is behaving on IG it leaves a bad taste in some peoples mouths.

Personality, I knew David and I maybe lynched for this but I actually thought he was bang on. He had time for people and didn't act the gangster. He's gone now and what followed was disgraceful, no family should have to endure a loss from a hit man pulling a trigger. Too many from the Hutch side did and all I can do is say its not right and I wished things played out different and no one from any side were shot.

I wouldn’t mind Lee Byrne on Insta if he’d stop posting the wise quotes about being self made when he’s sponging that lifestyle off his drug dealing Da. The obliviousness is hilarious.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note it is illegal to name any child (ie under 18) victim of crime. In addition a person has been charged with murder and that incident must not be discussed on this site as such discussion may be prejudicial to any trial

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

He didn't act gangster your having a giraffe he used to go to nightclubs every weekend and batter harmless fellas out of his head for nothing he was a dirtbird

Well that panorama show was a waste of 1 hour.

Nothing we don't already know

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

It wasn’t for the benefit of the likes of us in this thread, that was beamed into a lot of living rooms in the UK tonight where most people wouldn’t have had a clue.

Thesiger wrote: »
    It wasn’t for the benefit of the likes of us in this thread, that was beamed into a lot of living rooms in the UK tonight where most people wouldn’t have had a clue.

The biggest hope of Cancer getting locked up is the yanks getting him.

He's covered his tracks well I'll give him that

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Maybe so, but it was well made, and has made sure that the media guys and outlets that were ignoring the situation, won’t be able to now. These days, I cannot abide what seems to be called the ‘cancel’ culture. But in the case of DK, I’d be behind it every step of the way.
    As for Darragh McIntyre, going from the walk on him, if Glen Clarke was still alive, I’d take a punt that even he would be able to get close enough to hit the target.

Must be 24/7 obs on Barry in the hope they'll Try do him or a relative in.

I would say fair play to him for not being afraid to speak out but on panorama tonight he came across as just a jealous guy who had his fighters poached, nothing more.

Very surprised nothing was said about Pete Taylor!!!

• Advertisement

The biggest hope of Cancer getting locked up is the yanks getting him.

He's covered his tracks well I'll give him that

yanks take their time to build rock solid cases, if they are on his back, he is in big trouble.

Advertisement