Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

Klonker wrote: »
    RIP to the lady, could have been anyone on their way home from from work.

I hope the charge against the teenager in custody is upgraded to murder now. If you go out armed with a knife, then stab someone in the neck with it you most know they are likely to die.

Teen connected to a well known family?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Rumour has it that the guy shot in Belfast last night is Barry Mcguigan. Surely can't be true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Rumour has it that the guy shot in Belfast last night is Barry Mcguigan. Surely can't be true?

Ye wha? Where did your hear that

Not true at all

He was named (not publicly) before bedtime

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

6541 wrote: »
    I know this is not gangland shooting but Michael O'Toole says on twitter that the lady that was stabbed near the IFSC 2 weeks ago has died.

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1356923337281327112

This is incredibly depressing.

That poor poor woman. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Amirani wrote: »
    This is incredibly depressing.

That poor poor woman. :(
    Being reported on rte as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I always assumed it was Murtagh but his own family claim there is CCTV proof he wasn't there.

https://www.thesun.ie/archives/irish-news/199245/video-proof-keith-didnt-go-to-hotel-targets-family-beg-cops-to-release-regency-cctv/

I thought it was him as well but unless I'm wrong, someone on here a while back said it was someone else involved. It would make sense if it was him seeing as he was friends with GH and had done robberies with his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

14 year old stabbed her I’ve heard. Wtf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

15 according to The Journal.

"Her name is Urantsetseg Tserendorj (Urnaa), mam of 2, from Mongolia. She was leaving her work as a cleaner."

This has actually depressed me so much. It's so unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Amirani wrote: »
    15 according to The Journal.

"Her name is Urantsetseg Tserendorj (Urnaa), mam of 2, from Mongolia. She was leaving her work as a cleaner."

This has actually depressed me so much. It's so unfair.

14 at the time of offence, turned 15 since.

And from a fairly well known family alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

This complete and utter ****e of not naming him because he’s a juvenile needs to end. He committed murder, name the prick and then lock him up for life.

Genuine question, is there reason why our sentencing is so lenient? Is it down to space?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Genuine question, is there reason why our sentencing is so lenient? Is it down to space?

Can’t imagine it’s too easy to find people to work in those hellholes either.

Their are folk queuing up to be prison officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

I thought it was him as well but unless I'm wrong, someone on here a while back said it was someone else involved. It would make sense if it was him seeing as he was friends with GH and had done robberies with his brother.

Wasn't smokey cancer and the byrnes are still playing guess who but the third shooter is still around. Cancer knows smokey had nothing to do with it he just went after him because he was Gary and delboy mate and Harry's with his sister

This complete and utter ****e of not naming him because he’s a juvenile needs to end. He committed murder, name the prick and then lock him up for life.

We changed in the 80s from a system of punishment to a system of reform ...offering criminals every opportunity to change their ways and reintegration into society .

Personally I think the system is broken but those that are capable of making changes don't have the will to make the changes, .... My main bugbear with the system is the automatic remission 25% of every jail sentence is reduced simply for going to jail and being in jail, if you are good and don't cause too much trouble for the prison service ...you can qualify for 33% which is enhanced remission.

We changed in the 80s from a system of punishment to a system of reform ...offering criminals every opportunity to change their ways and reintegration into society .

Personally I think the system is broken but those that are capable of making changes don't have the will to make the changes, .... My main bugbear with the system is the automatic remission 25% of every jail sentence is reduced simply for going to jail and being in jail, if you are good and don't cause too much trouble for the prison service ...you can qualify for 33% which is enhanced remission.

England let's ye out after 50% of your sentence is done so we're doing more wack than them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Such a joke, surely something has to change! We can’t keep letting these non contributors to society off with such lenient sentences.

Presumably the minister for justice has to power to make these changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Such a joke, surely something has to change! We can’t keep letting these non contributors to society off with such lenient sentences.

All comes down to money and we know what that means in Eire..

What's Harry like?

Slim dark and handsome send me your pic and WhatsApp and I'll get him to text ye don't tell anyone though he has a bird

• Advertisement

Slim dark and handsome send me your pic and WhatsApp and I'll get him to text ye don't tell anyone though he has a bird

Doesn't sound like my type chief

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭John_D3

Is Harry not inside? His Bird is out of his league

Interesting they don’t know who the third shooter was, is there any chance they blamed Gareth or Johnathan for that? They seemed to have really wanted Johnathan, few failed attempts on his life

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Working as a PO myself, it’s not as bad as it was 10 or 15 years ago but there’s no shortage of filth. It’s crap having to do stuff like organise calls for people who have done things like this little tramp has. Having said that, there’s plenty of sound inmates too.

I’m open to correction on this but I believe the dept of social affairs treats a period of incarceration as a period of unemployment - so while people are in jail they are earning social welfare (an allowance is given while in jail for them to spend in the prison shop, and lump sum on release)

Maybe omackeral above might be able to shed a better insight into this.

I’m open to correction on this but I believe the dept of social affairs treats a period of incarceration as a period of unemployment - so while people are in jail they are earning social welfare (an allowance is given while in jail for them to spend in the prison shop, and lump sum on release)

They do in their hole. The state is already paying their food and accomodation. I'll be shocked if Mack corrects me on this

They get a gratuity per day alright. Think it’s €2.65 thereabouts. This is given to them weekly via a digital account. They can also have money sent in by friends/family or they can work a job and earn a little bit more.

They do in their hole. The state is already paying their food and accomodation. I'll be shocked if Mack corrects me on this

They are indeed paid a gratuity but it’s a pittance. Having said that, €2.65 x a few thousand every week......

Omackeral wrote: »
    They are indeed paid a gratuity but it’s a pittance. Having said that, €2.65 x a few thousand every week......

I think the poster was talking about the 185 odd per week not that couple of quid they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

prisoners do receive a daily stipend

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30976954.html

• Advertisement

prisoners do receive a daily stipend

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30976954.html

Ye i'm aware of that. That wasn't the original question

Advertisement