Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I’m open to correction on this but I believe the dept of social affairs treats a period of incarceration as a period of unemployment - so while people are in jail they are earning social welfare (an allowance is given while in jail for them to spend in the prison shop, and lump sum on release)

Maybe omackeral above might be able to shed a better insight into this.
    No as you have to be available for work. The only one getting anything was drumm when he went to court arguing that his pension had no right to be stopped and he won,

They can put their own money into a fund for release but not social welfare paid to them.

There's a reason some people will slash lads for 20e of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Omackeral wrote: »
    They get a gratuity per day alright. Think it’s €2.65 thereabouts. This is given to them weekly via a digital account. They can also have money sent in by friends/family or they can work a job and earn a little bit more.

Or sent in by the likes of DK too keep sweet while doing time for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

No as you have to be available for work. The only one getting anything was drumm when he went to court arguing that his pension had no right to be stopped and he won,

They can put their own money into a fund for release but not social welfare paid to them.

There's a reason some people will slash lads for 20e of stuff

are you 100% on this ? I know its part of the criteria for Social welfare but sometimes criteria can be overlooked (in exceptional circumstances) - I have heard anecdotally that if a family is dependent on the social welfare and the recipient is jailed they can redirect the money to the family (which would mean that the criteria for being available for employment and seeking it is overlooked - but again ....someone else might be in a better position to clarify if that's true or not, to me, its not inconceivable that this would be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MrNiceGuy42

are you 100% on this ?

Hes bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

are you 100% on this ? I know its part of the criteria for Social welfare but sometimes criteria can be overlooked (in exceptional circumstances) - I have heard anecdotally that if a family is dependent on the social welfare......

100% the prisoner doesn't get welfare. Wife / Partner family or whatever can apply for a single parent allowance (used to be a specific Prisoners Wife Allowance).
    A few of them got caught out, and still do, when this changed over way back. They applied for the no longer in existence PWA despite at the same time being in receipt of the Single Parents Allowance.

• Advertisement

100% the prisoner doesn't get welfare. Wife / Partner family or whatever can apply for a single parent allowance (used to be a specific Prisoners Wife Allowance).
    A few of them got caught out, and still do, when this changed over way back. They applied for the no longer in existence PWA despite at the same time being in receipt of the Single Parents Allowance.

The fact that there was a prisoners wife allowance says a lot...even if it’s no longer in existence .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

The fact that there was a prisoners wife allowance says a lot...even if it’s no longer in existence .

There was probably some cell mates that would have been able to
    claim under it.

There was probably some cell mates that would have been able to
    claim under it.

a quick google shows this :
    a 2018 story
    https://extra.ie/2018/12/01/news/irish-news/prisoners-claiming-social-welfare-pensions

This is from a good number of years ago but still ...

https://www.thejournal.ie/how-925-prisoners-claimed-social-welfare-despite-being-behind-bars-last-week-477642-Jun2012/

and most recent
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/3679067/social-welfare-payments-which-could-be-awarded-to-violent-prison-inmates-should-be-given-to-victims-of-crime/

The first line stating that social welfare benefits of locked up criminals !!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Wasn't smokey cancer and the byrnes are still playing guess who but the third shooter is still around. Cancer knows smokey had nothing to do with it he just went after him because he was Gary and delboy mate and Harry's with his sister

3rd shooter strolls around his northern town without a care in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The toughest prisons show on Netflix had an interesting episode in Norway, a prison where they treat prisoners exceptionally well , seems to work. Mind you if you act the bollox they’ll throw on the riot gear and sort you out quickly

I think there’s something wrong with keeping gangs together and facilitating them to run their empires on the outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The toughest prisons show on Netflix had an interesting episode in Norway, a prison where they treat prisoners exceptionally well , seems to work. Mind you if you act the bollox they’ll throw on the riot gear and sort you out quickly

I think there’s something wrong with keeping gangs together and facilitating them to run their empires on the outside

I think Anders Brevik went to court because they only allowed him a Playstation 2 in his cell

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

3rd shooter strolls around his northern town without a care in the world

Why did the 2 Nordies, he and flatcap, help out if they weren't Hutches or lifelong friends of Gary (or maybe they were?) as was everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭vafankillar

way it should be. This angry lock'em up & throw away the key mentality people do be shouting around the place does nothing to prevent crime.

look at america ffs. if tough on crime worked that place should be crime free by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Why did the 2 Nordies, he and flatcap, help out if they weren't Hutches or lifelong friends of Gary (or maybe they were?) as was everyone else?

$$$

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Noseygit wrote: »
    Did some say an associate of a Coakley hutch was arrested in connection with the stabbing that lady last week? I trust the way I have worded that is ok.

Lads stop trying to identify the teenager who was arrested.

He can't be due to being a minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Omackeral wrote: »
    Working as a PO myself, it’s not as bad as it was 10 or 15 years ago but there’s no shortage of filth. It’s crap having to do stuff like organise calls for people who have done things like this little tramp has. Having said that, there’s plenty of sound inmates too.

100 % fact the proper lads keep their head down, do their porridge, get out and either carry on or get out of the game if they have enough dosh, the scum try to make a name for themselves inside, doped out their head coz they cannot do their time, they are scum inside and inside, and logically rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I think Anders Brevik went to court because they only allowed him a Playstation 2 in his cell

That c**t is living it up in jail so he is. Those prisons are better than some hotels in Ireland so they are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

stingrayed wrote: »
    100 % fact the proper lads keep their head down, do their porridge, get out and either carry on or get out of the game if they have enough dosh, the scum try to make a name for themselves inside, doped out their head coz they cannot do their time, they are scum inside and inside, and logically rats.

A rather eloquent response stingrayed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Billy Joe Saunders really is a sc**bag.

That's a direct threat to Barry mc guigan!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

$$$

Do we reckon the others who supposedly took part that day bar the 2 nordies would have been paid as well or was it more a matter of it being a family affair and wiping out the enemy? Kill or be killed let’s say.

• Advertisement

Hope Canelo knocks his head in row Z and has him eating through a straw after that one. Utter pillock

EDIT: He doesn’t deserve the payday - training injury that retires him please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Hope Canelo knocks his head in row Z and has him eating through a straw after that one. Utter pillock

EDIT: He doesn’t deserve the payday - training injury that retires him please.

If the match goes ahead in may, it will be fixed now canelo is a free agent and the cancer goon at matchroom has got his fingers on him.

stingrayed wrote: »
    If the match goes ahead in may, it will be fixed now canelo is a free agent and the cancer goon at matchroom has got his fingers on him.

Surely DK couldn’t influence Canelo arguably boxing’s biggest star? He’s the only hope we have of seeing BJS get f***ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Tell you what lads, DK is getting some amount of coverage and eyes in the UK.

I work in a big company, all of my team are in the UK. All of them are talking about DK and how shocked they are someone like him so deep in boxing. They had no idea who he was last week

Great to see. Hopefully cancer gets done soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

https://twitter.com/KCsixtyseven/status/1357045093073616897?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

MTK is rotten to the core

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

$$$

Wasn't flat cap on his way out anyway? No matter how much money they were offered it can't have been worth the last few years. While they all seem to be walking freely these days (bar NCH who I think is back in prison), they had an awful last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mrh1974

Wasn't flat cap on his way out anyway? No matter how much money they were offered it can't have been worth the last few years. While they all seem to be walking freely these days (bar NCH who I think is back in prison), they had an awful last few years.

maybe, but imagine if they'd have swallowed and done nuthin at all, still would have been an awful few years.....reminds me of that quote by Mussolini about lions and sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jplally

Question in light of the recent Panorama doc for someone who knows more about it than me: what are the chances of DK being brought back here or the US or anywhere else to answer for his crimes in the near future? Do the police forces believe they’ll get their man eventually with any confidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't think he is wanted for anything here other than plotting to murder Gary Hanley, and if he did come back he would probably beat that.

Advertisement