Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't think he is wanted for anything here other than plotting to murder Gary Hanley, and if he did come back he would probably beat that.

They had wiretaps on that whole thing obviously not going straight back to him but no doubt he was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ScumRadar

Nobody said Gary and delboy were saints and delboy doing his wack and took other people's wack for them for the cash van because he knew he was getting sentenced over the **** in meath and it be all ran in hes a stand up fella. But dots was far from a Saint he was a jumped up muppet who battered harmless fellas every night he went out he pushed for a lot of killings in the Crumlin Drimnagh feud even if he wouldn't get his hands dirty

Evil delboy being described by this lad as: "innocent" and "stand up guy" haha so going around stabbing and murdering innocent people is ok by you? "Ah he's a stand up guy boys, he does like the odd murder but he's innocent enough".

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Do ye not think that panorama documentary makes the MTK boxers look like absolute muppets? Billy Joe Saunders & Tyson Fury especially! Fair play to Barry McGuigan he has got balls to go on and say what he did. And if Saunders twitter post was actually aimed at Barry he’s scum of the earth. Didn’t know that reptile could stoop any lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

My tuppence worth.

I hope BJS gets brain damaged. Dirty knacker.

I don't think we'll see the big takedown of DK as some are expecting. Operation shovel tells you all you need to know. Years of investigations and they had to give them BACK money, property and cars.

I keep hearing it takes time to build a solid case. Look at the timeline ffs. They've had years upon years to get him on a charge (like they did Bomber) to at least get the UAE to allow a government agency to at least get him held in jail until a biggie drops on him. Hasn't happened.

Boxing fraternity happy to have him there as he's making big fights so no support there. Encro bust not led to a thing.

I think he has slipped the net tbh. Him and the Byrnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

ScumRadar wrote: »
    Evil delboy being described by this lad as: "innocent" and "stand up guy" haha so going around stabbing and murdering innocent people is ok by you? "Ah he's a stand up guy boys, he does like the odd murder but he's innocent enough".

I remember when his brother's trial was going on some people on this forum had either known the family or met both Derek and Patrick a few times but did describe Derek as a nasty piece of work while Patrick was largely sound. Don't get me wrong, This isn't a slight at gangster gossip who provides very good insights into the people involved but thats just what was said at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

way it should be. This angry lock'em up & throw away the key mentality people do be shouting around the place does nothing to prevent crime.

look at america ffs. if tough on crime worked that place should be crime free by now.

the inmates seemed shocked by it , getting greeted with a handshake seemed to rattle them a bit

Eyes1 wrote: »
    My tuppence worth.

I don't think we'll see the big takedown of DK as some are expecting. Operation shovel tells you all you need to know. Years of investigations and they had to give them BACK money, property and cars.

I keep hearing it takes time to build a solid case. Look at the timeline ffs. They've had years upon years to get him on a charge (like they did Bomber) to at least get the UAE to allow a government agency to at least get him held in jail until a biggie drops on him. Hasn't happened.

Boxing fraternity happy to have him there as he's making big fights so no support there. Encro bust not led to a thing.

the gardai got encro info they just didnt go on about it

Don Logan wrote: »
    Do ye not think that panorama documentary makes the MTK boxers look like absolute muppets? Billy Joe Saunders & Tyson Fury especially! Fair play to Barry McGuigan he has got balls to go on and say what he did. And if Saunders twitter post was actually aimed at Barry he’s scum of the earth. Didn’t know that reptile could stoop any lower.

the size of the doll house is the most shocking thing of all

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LastODC

I’m open to correction on this but I believe the dept of social affairs treats a period of incarceration as a period of unemployment - so while people are in jail they are earning social welfare (an allowance is given while in jail for them to spend in the prison shop, and lump sum on release)

Maybe omackeral above might be able to shed a better insight into this.

Only social welfare paid to a prisoner is the state pension if theyre eligible for it

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

I remember when his brother's trial was going on some people on this forum had either known the family or met both Derek and Patrick a few times but did describe Derek as a nasty piece of work while Patrick was largely sound. Don't get me wrong, This isn't a slight at gangster gossip who provides very good insights into the people involved but thats just what was said at the time.

Heard that Patrick is alright as well but trying to kill DK randomly whilst on holiday with him however was bonkers. How did he really think that was gonna play out? Did he really believe his family was big enough to take the heat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He didn't. Gary Hutch and Del Boy were far worse but let's not go did that road. What happened from both sides was wrong, I'm sick of people acting like the Hutch side are innocent. They definitely arent and the Kinihan side well w we all know how they roll

The primary reason people tend to side with the Hutch side in my experience is because the media widely reported in the aftermath of the Regency that the Kinahans had demanded money from the Hutches to spare Gary's life, took the money, and killed him anyway. That was certainly why a lot of people seemed to be supportive of the Regency around the time, the fact that essentially the Kinahan side had double crossed the Hutches in a Walder Frey esque manner.

My view has always been that those media reports were never confirmed, it was a letter from the Hutch family but no rebuttal or analysis was ever published so deciding which side is the villain based on that is short sighted.

On the other hand, based on various reports, in all honesty the Byrne family seem to be out and out scumbags one and all. Liam Byrne was on trial for being involved in a fight when he was much younger and some poor woman who took the stand as a witness had the absolute sh!t kicked out of her in the halls of the court, and that was all the way back in 2001. Half the family seems to have ganged up on and intimidated some poor random fecker who got hit by one of them dangerously driving. Seems like one of those generationally violent and unpleasant families tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

€2.5m worth of drugs seized in the Lusk area, 2 men aged 45 & 52 arrested
    Fair amount of seizures over the last few weeks

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0204/1195000-arrests-dublin-drug-seizure/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

On the other hand, based on various reports, in all honesty the Byrne family seem to be out and out scumbags one and all. Liam Byrne was on trial for being involved in a fight when he was much younger and some poor woman who took the stand as a witness had the absolute sh!t kicked out of her in the halls of the court, and that was all the way back in 2001. Half the family seems to have ganged up on and intimidated some poor random fecker who got hit by one of them dangerously driving. Seems like one of those generationally violent and unpleasant families tbh.

I was told that Jaws was being protected (from Provo threats) by the Gardai in the early/mid 70s, a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭cocotheclown

My tuppence worth.

Nor me it was telling in the Pan doc when the Gardai Police fella said If DK is removed it creates a bigger problem!

Nor me it was telling in the Pan doc when the Gardai Police fella said If DK is removed it creates a bigger problem!

Yep!

He has single handedly funded a war on Irish and Spanish streets and hasn't ever been arrested & charged. People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

He's got the money to keep his hands well away from crimes and let others take the rap.

If Irish police have evidence it's about time they start to show their hand.

Like I said previously, if they can't even pick him up on a minor charge in order to hold him until the bigger charges come in then they haven't got sh!t to go on IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Don Logan wrote: »

He was scum before he made that comment about mcguigans daughter. Hes fooling nobody with a brain in their head with the florist malarkey. And the rest of his cronies Ben Davison and that going along with his lies. He even convinced Lou Di Bella who in turn apologised to him. It would make ya sick.

Have you seen on twitter. He was playing the innocent man on and his lawyer has stepped in and tried to flex his muscles.

W@nkers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

He was scum before he made that comment about mcguigans daughter. Hes fooling nobody with a brain in their head with the florist malarkey. And the rest of his cronies Ben Davison and that going along with his lies. He even convinced Lou Di Bella who in turn apologised to him. It would make ya sick.
    More likely DiBella knew he couldn't prove otherwise and didn't want the attention either by wandering into that.

He said his piece, and then said he has his apology if they were coincidental.

He’s a f***in knacker as someone mentioned a few posts back and he’s right. They must’ve all watched the panorama documentary and the only thing they’ll address is what Barry McGuigan said and they all seem to be very quiet about Cancer. I hope that if Cancer ever does gets arrested and charged there’s a mountain of evidence against him and it’ll make the boxers look like idiots. A man can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Do we reckon the others who supposedly took part that day bar the 2 nordies would have been paid as well or was it more a matter of it being a family affair and wiping out the enemy? Kill or be killed let’s say.

2nordies? Who was the 2nd one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

jplally wrote: »
    Question in light of the recent Panorama doc for someone who knows more about it than me: what are the chances of DK being brought back here or the US or anywhere else to answer for his crimes in the near future? Do the police forces believe they’ll get their man eventually with any confidence?

He'll be dead before he's in jail.

He'll do it himself or that type of special thing that happens in custody which really shouldn't, see Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Accused in murder case can be named, judge rules

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0204/1195086-george-gonzaga-bento-accused/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

how come they can name the brazilian but not the little knacker CC who stabbed that innocent woman to death ?

This countries laws are so pro-criminal sometimes its shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

UUJ_Lad wrote: »

He'll do it himself or that type of special thing that happens in custody which really shouldn't, see Epstein.

Could happen for sure, but at the moment given that DK owes massive amounts of cash to many people, and also has control of the cash that his goons have with him, many have to sing to his tune, but his money laundering outfit is getting more and more problems daily, Covid is not helping the flying gold bullion Moroccans and indians at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

rondog wrote: »
    how come they can name the brazilian but not the little knacker CC who stabbed that innocent woman to death ?

This countries laws are so pro-criminal sometimes its shocking.

To protect the identity of the victim. The family should really have a say/decide that though.

UUJ_Lad wrote: »

There’s a huge difference between Epstein & Cancer haha, Epstein was strangled and it was staged as a suicide in jail, that takes time and preparation, they don’t care how sloppy it looked he just had to go, had to much dirt on very powerful people.

I doubt Cancer has dirt on anyone with any sort of power like politicians who could pull of what happened with Epstein. If he’s got in jail it’ll just be straight up murder, not planned to look like a suicide or accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

jplally wrote: »
    Question in light of the recent Panorama doc for someone who knows more about it than me: what are the chances of DK being brought back here or the US or anywhere else to answer for his crimes in the near future? Do the police forces believe they’ll get their man eventually with any confidence?

The Assistant Garda Commissioner has said on many occasions that he is confident that they will dismantle the Kinahan Cartel. Nicola Tallant said on Eamonn Dunphys podcast that 40 of the extended gang are now in prison.
    I can't see DK ever deciding to come back home to Ireland off his own bat. Whilst the Gardai haven't publicly stated he is wanted for a specific crime am I not right in saying that you can be convicted in the SCC based on the evidence of a Garda Superintendent?
    If I am right then surely he could be convicted of the crime of heading up a criminal cartel.
    If that isnt allowed then maybe their isn't enough evidence at present for him to be convicted here. Plus we dont have an ex treaty with the UAE.I still don't think he would be setting foot in Ireland again.. way way too risky for him
    Someone said the boxing fraternity are happy enough with him as he is putting on the big fights? I wouldn't be too sure about that. He brings a lot of attention to managers and promoters who wouldn't necessarily want it.
    How difficult can it be to put together a fight between AJ and Fury.. money talks.. if DK wasn't around that fight would happen anyways.
    Whether he is convicted or not I would question the quality of life he has now. Cant walk down the street seemingly without a team of bodyguards. Can't go to Irl, UK, Spain, USA. Im not sure the Aussies would want him. Feels like the net is closing in on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I think Anders Brevik went to court because they only allowed him a Playstation 2 in his cell

I’d have went to court over that too, imagine having a ps2 in your cell and no games, torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

How long did Gan Joyce get ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My tuppence worth.

Yeah Id say you're on the money there, its been 5 years since the Regency and still no arrests of the major players. Lots of footsoldiers locked up but it hasnt gone up the chain. The Gardai say they've been to Dubai to 'liaise' with their counterparts but they appear to lack the ability to extradite him in the same way the Danish and Dutch did with their cartel leaders.

Its looks more likely that he could fall fowl of the Americans at this stage. Thats presuming having 200+ boxers on his books is one giant money laundering scheme, its something that could ultimately trip him up. Chief Supers in the Gardai would have a bit of sway with the FBI too as many of them have been trained by the FBI at their Academy in Virginia. The banning of DK and 26 of associates from the US and placing them all on the FBIs narco terrorist list seemed to be done at the behest of the Gardai themselves rather than anything the cartel did in the US. There is a good relationship there between the two forces.

Advertisement