Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Assistant Garda Commissioner has said on many occasions that he is confident that they will dismantle the Kinahan Cartel. Nicola Tallant said on Eamonn Dunphys podcast that 40 of the extended gang are now in prison.
    I can't see DK ever deciding to come back home to Ireland off his own bat. Whilst the Gardai haven't publicly stated he is wanted for a specific crime am I not right in saying that you can be convicted in the SCC based on the evidence of a Garda Superintendent?
    If I am right then surely he could be convicted of the crime of heading up a criminal cartel.

that applies to membership of proscribed illegal organisations. I dont think the KOCG have been proscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah Id say you're on the money there, its been 5 years since the Regency and still no arrests of the major players. Lots of footsoldiers locked up but it hasnt gone up the chain. The Gardai say they've been to Dubai to 'liaise' with their counterparts but they appear to lack the ability to extradite him in the same way the Danish and Dutch did with their cartel leaders.

Its looks more likely that he could fall fowl of the Americans at this stage. Thats presuming having 200+ boxers on his books is one giant money laundering scheme, its something that could ultimately trip him up. Chief Supers in the Gardai would have a bit of sway with the FBI too as many of them have been trained by the FBI at their Academy in Virginia. The banning of DK and 26 of associates from the US and placing them all on the FBIs narco terrorist list seemed to be done at the behest of the Gardai themselves rather than anything the cartel did in the US. There is a good relationship there between the two forces.

Yes I agree with you there.

Just to make the blood in our veins bubble and heat up !

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6505409/kinahan-cartel-spain-bail-cash-cars-arrests/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

that applies to membership of proscribed illegal organisations. I dont think the KOCG have been proscribed.

Yes you're 100% right. From what I have read it looks like the "belief" evidence of a Garda Superintendent in the SCC only applies to membership of terrorist organisations. Some politicians have called for the same to be applied in the case of criminal gangs but its not in force yet as far as I can tell.
    So its back to hard evidence. DK must take serious precautions in his comms considering there seems to be no evidence against him of wrongdoing to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

PLATOBONG wrote: »

edit: never mind, wrong article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Yep!

He has single handedly funded a war on Irish and Spanish streets and hasn't ever been arrested & charged. People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

He's got the money to keep his hands well away from crimes and let others take the rap.

If Irish police have evidence it's about time they start to show their hand.

Like I said previously, if they can't even pick him up on a minor charge in order to hold him until the bigger charges come in then they haven't got sh!t to go on IMO.

I think the yanks will be the ones to take him down. They do not f*ck around.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Anyone see BJS Instagram post? Apparently he’s lost a load of sponsorships due to the panorama documentary, love to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

theballz wrote: »
    I think the yanks will be the ones to take him down. They do not f*ck around.

Nah, he'll be brought back to Ireland to be put on trial.

It's just a matter of time, and the man who made time made loads of it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Don Logan wrote: »
    Anyone see BJS Instagram post? Apparently he’s lost a load of sponsorships due to the panorama documentary, love to hear it!

For anyone who hasn't:

STATEMENT
    I have known Daniel Kinahan a long time. I have always had a very positive relationship with him. I am aware of the allegations made against him but i simply do not accept them. The media depiction is totally different from the reality.

Unfortunately i have recieved a lot of harassment and lost significant sponsorship deals as a result of the allegations made by Panorama and other members of the media.

From this point onwards i have nothing further to say on this subject and need to concentrate on training for the biggest fight of my life. If anyone has any queries please direct them to my barrister Dan Foster of Bank House Chambers / 33 Bedford Row

Stooped wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't:

STATEMENT
    I have known Daniel Kinahan a long time. I have always had a very positive relationship with him. I am aware of the allegations made against him but i simply do not accept them. The media depiction is totally different from the reality.

Unfortunately i have recieved a lot of harassment and lost significant sponsorship deals as a result of the allegations made by Panorama and other members of the media.

From this point onwards i have nothing further to say on this subject and need to concentrate on training for the biggest fight of my life. If anyone has any queries please direct them to my barrister Dan Foster of Bank House Chambers / 33 Bedford Row

I wonder would he be charged for every query his barrister answers?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

PLATOBONG wrote: »

How in the name of christ did they get no evidence to convict them from everything seized in spain
    They paid the right senòr off there

Haladmirer wrote: »
    How in the name of christ did they get no evidence to convict them from everything seized in spain

We will never know what went down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Where's all the property referred to in the documentary, who's name is it in?

Apparently close to €1Bn in total, Brazilian & Spanish developments. No doubt the English guy with the Holiday parks is involved to some degree also.

I saw somewhere Kinahan had invested in a container ship... Mad.

Laws must be different to here where its up to you to prove it been acquired legitimately.

I suppose in this case the Kinahans are using complex cross border structures and shelf companies, the authorities cant make the connection between them and the assets.

I was also reading a bit on Dubai corruption recently, apparently its a Sh1thole for this and harbors lots of international criminals & their cash and doesn't cooperate with foreign police forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0204/1195109-kinahan-organised-crime-group/

65 people in the last two years jailed, article seems to insinuate most of them Kinahan linked people.

Is the now one year long lull in shootings really to do with a good few of these 65 men being experienced killers? After all, a good chunk of these 65 lads were absolute gobshiets, expendable people who owed debts. 65 people jailed or not there are still dozens of people in Dublin who have done work before and would again if needed.

Garda checkpoints may have some impact, but they were only really operational in April, May, October to present. There was five months free of them with little happening.

A lot of things or areas active in 2019- Flashy, Coolock/ Darndale, Corduff- seem to have fizzled out nowhere. Drogheda seemed to come to its natural conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

AmberGold wrote: »
    Where's all the property referred to in the documentary, who's name is it in?

Apparently close to €1Bn in total, Brazilian & Spanish developments. No doubt the English guy with the Holiday parks is involved to some degree also.

I saw somewhere Kinahan had invested in a container ship... Mad.

Laws must be different to here where its up to you to prove it been acquired legitimately.

I suppose in this case the Kinahans are using complex cross border structures and shelf companies, the authorities cant make the connection between them and the assets.

I was also reading a bit on Dubai corruption recently, apparently its a Sh1thole for this and harbors lots of international criminals & their cash and doesn't cooperate with foreign police forces.

Hence why him and his family / goons are there. Dubai will end up another sh!thole like Marbella with shootings and murders everywhere. Goes with the territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiktokboom

Who's yer man on YouTube claiming he's making a new IRA statement " all drug dealers in Dublin will be shot" didnt think the ra put there statements on YouTube 😂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Hence why him and his family / goons are there. Dubai will end up another sh!thole like Marbella with shootings and murders everywhere. Goes with the territory.

Not a hope. Do you think you'd get a lenient sentence over there? People are cute enough to know the consequences if you get caught for any kind of serious offence.

Corruption and money laundering are a seperate entity completely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Quags

Stooped wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't:

STATEMENT

There is no way he wrote that himself, his spelling is horrendous

Not a hope. Do you think you'd get a lenient sentence over there? People are cute enough to know the consequences if you get caught for any kind of serious offence.

That's a fair point but tbh with more and more criminals heading out there we'll see 'incidents' no doubt.

It's the nature of the beast.

Quags wrote: »
    There is no way he wrote that himself, his spelling is horrendous

Would love him to get an injury meaning the fight is off. The thought of that filthy knacker getting millions more grates on me. Despicable tramp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine Billy Joe's sense of humour would endear him to whatever body issues the Visa he requires to fight in the US.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-coronavirus-prank-21729978

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Quags

Would love him to get an injury meaning the fight is off. The thought of that filthy knacker getting millions more grates on me. Despicable tramp.

Big Time, a horrible human...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Always wondered do the lads risk getting high off their own supply over there given the horror stories you have heard. I remember story of one lad getting held for several months because they checked his shoes at the airport and there was a tiny crumb of hash he had stepped on, wedged into the shoe grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine Billy Joe's sense of humour would endear him to whatever body issues the Visa he requires to fight in the US.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-coronavirus-prank-21729978

Unfortunately, just being an unbelievably thick halfwit, won’t stop him getting into the US.
    As for his statement, unless someone is now controlling his account, you know he’s going to bite at some point.
    As for the point someone made about whether he’ll get charged from his barrister for every query that is answered, how much fun could that be.
    We could be the Reddit GameStop forum, and he could be the hedge fund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Unfortunately, just being an unbelievably thick halfwit, won’t stop him getting into the US.
    As for his statement, unless someone is now controlling his account, you know he’s going to bite at some point.
    As for the point someone made about whether he’ll get charged from his barrister for every query that is answered, how much fun could that be.
    We could be the Reddit GameStop forum, and he could be the hedge fund.

Always thought CK jr and DK enjoyed the Bermuda based hedge funds :D

The headline story is bad enough but read the last two paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MrNiceGuy42

Spain what do you expect we earn more in dole than they do in a week work nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Spain what do you expect we earn more in dole than they do in a week work nearly.

Earn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Spain is bankrupt. It needs that industry in the economy. Always has

Advertisement