Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why doesn't he come back to Ireland, the UK, Netherlands or Spain and clear his name once and for all so he can get on with the important business of laundering promoting fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 watup

Is DK and his brother fairly middle class? They don't look like your typical run of the mill rough heads. Anyone know what they were like in their teenage years - fights, robbing or anything like that? No convictions anyway.

I read somewhere their da was from quite a middle class family. They must be fairly smart to get this size?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Suckit wrote: »
    Why doesn't he come back to Ireland, the UK, Netherlands or Spain and clear his name once and for all so he can get on with the important business of laundering promoting fights.

Add the USA on to that list. You don’t be called out by the dea and added to narco terrorist list for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

There’s no doubt if he had started out clean he’d be a v v successful businessman.

Can you imagine the amount of intelligence, guile and cunningness it takes to run a global cartel. Arranging shipments from source, keeping the money trail out of view, arranging and facilitating transportation for product, getting paid, getting people taken out all whilst keeping your hands clean.

That takes some doing. Unfortunately for him his ego is out of control.

I’m still not convinced he’ll be taken down. These things flare up for a week or 3 and then die down again. As I’ve said previously, they’ve had years and done nothing. To me that says they’ve got next to nothing on him or he’d be nicked. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ElZee

Eyes1 wrote: »
    There’s no doubt if he had started out clean he’d be a v v successful businessman.

Can you imagine the amount of intelligence, guile and cunningness it takes to run a global cartel. Arranging shipments from source, keeping the money trail out of view, arranging and facilitating transportation for product, getting paid, getting people taken out all whilst keeping your hands clean.

I’m still not convinced he’ll be taken down. These things flare up for a week or 3 and then die down again. As I’ve said previously, they’ve had years and done nothing. To me that says they’ve got next to nothing on him or he’d be nicked. Simple

It was his oul lad that done all the graft he's made a balls of it since he's got into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

watup wrote: »
    Is DK and his brother fairly middle class? They don't look like your typical run of the mill rough heads. Anyone know what they were like in their teenage years - fights, robbing or anything like that? No convictions anyway.

I read somewhere their da was from quite a middle class family. They must be fairly smart to get this size?

Grew up in the Bond so would have grown up fairly rough I'd say. I heard Christy wasn't from poverty as is the odd gangster in Dublin. In fairness Christy had some ambition and was clearly a strategic thinker. The fact he learned a few languages and got a masters in prison and then went on to establish the cartel on a European scale in what is the most ruthless business says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

To me that says they’ve got next to nothing on him or he’d be nicked. Simple

I’m thinking the same at this point. The little they have isn’t enough to guarantee a conviction. If the government hadn’t for years made a mess of the reputation of their witness protection program, it might look more attractive to someone.

At this point, they’d need to start offering the jailed men a million to turn on him.

The byproduct of a successful campaign to legitimize himself to the point of getting to leaving the Middle East and returning to Europe could make him more successful to a surprise ambush from those waiting in the long grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Grew up in the Bond so would have grown up fairly rough I'd say. I heard Christy wasn't from poverty as is the odd gangster in Dublin. In fairness Christy had some ambition and was clearly a strategic thinker. The fact he learned a few languages and got a masters in prison and then went on to establish the cartel on a European scale in what is the most ruthless business says a lot.

You’d wonder what his aul lad Christy thinks of all this?

Surely he’s fed up with the spotlight and pressure from the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Moochbg78

Is the hk feud show on virgin tonight an old one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

stingrayed wrote: »
    H
    Err if the person had nothing to hide, why not come back and fight the case in front of the courts, normal honest people do it that way, they hardly ignore so called slander. :confused:

Or at least give an interview to an Irish journalist like Hutch did.

You really do wonder what his plan was. Did he want to go entirely legit and essentially sell off the drug business? If he wanted to get out that badly why not just live off what he already had earned?

Look at George Mitchell. Best part of 30 years living quietly in Europe and can't be touched it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

watup wrote: »

This is asked quite a bit about the K's and big.They would be considered middle class.Christy has a sister in Spain who runs a cafe,very well spoken lady.I guess it only stands to them in the grand scheme of things to be from a better background and have the smarts...hard to believe DK flew in on a Ryanair flight to Dublin 5 years ago for David Byrnes funeral given how elusive a figure he is now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

DK will be caught... nothing surer. The Gardai have been over to the UAE and spoke to the UAE police. The last thing the UAE want is the world's media suggesting they harbour high level criminals. Bad for business.
    Whether there is hard evidence or not there is nothing to stop them deporting him back here whenever they like. Plus ultimately Sheikh Mohammed does what he likes.
    One phone call from Joe Biden(nixer) and its done. Bit too low key for Joe agreed. But I'd even say there's probably 3 or 4 people in the horse racing industry in Ireland who could influence heavily there. The Sheikh loves his horses and has serious interests here.
    Whether its done politically or through police channels or through back door channels...its gonna happen. Its just a matter of time.
    The game was up for Pablo when he went for the TDs job.
    Moral of the story...
    "Stick to the knitting"

ElZee wrote: »
    It was his oul lad that done all the graft he's made a balls of it since he's got into it

I disagree mate.

Yes Christy laid the foundations & ran a tighter ship for sure but he’s been in the background for years. The operation is still running. Multi millions are still being made hence the rate at which MTK is growing and the only thing DK has done wrong really is try and become legit whilst waging a massacre against the Hutches.

All that I said above is still applicable. It’s not easy to run any drug business never mind a global one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

no camera phones or social media back in Christy's day either

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Bateman wrote: »
    no camera phones or social media back in Christy's day either

From what I remember a few years back Daniel had his own twitter page but has since removed it. When Fury uploaded the picture of him and Daniel some boxer tagged his twitter profile underneath the picture.

Don Logan wrote: »
    From what I remember a few years back Daniel had his own twitter page but has since removed it. When Fury uploaded the picture of him and Daniel some boxer tagged his twitter profile underneath the picture.

Still has one. Follows lots of accounts that sl@g him but locked and doesn’t accept followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Augme

He reminds me of Donald Trump. Running a business on a large scale isn't difficult if you have massive financial backing and lots of connections from your Daddy.

In fact you'd want to be fairly stupid, or have an out of control ego, to make a mess of it, and DK has actually managed to make a mess of it.

Too busy getting involved in petty childish stuff it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mrh1974

Augme wrote: »
    He reminds me of Donald Trump. Running a business on a large scale isn't difficult if you have massive financial backing and lots of connections from your Daddy.

In fact you'd want to be fairly stupid, or have an out of control ego, to make a mess of it, and DK has actually managed to make a mess of it.

Too busy getting involved in petty childish stuff it seems.

Thats just silly talk.

Im sure none of us are DK fans but right is right. Nothing easy about running a large operation.

mrh1974 wrote: »
    Thats just silly talk.

Im sure none of us are DK fans but right is right. Nothing easy about running a large operation.

There isn't. But DK hasn't been able to run a large operation successfully. He has ran it into the ground and is pretty much isolated now. Too gained to go legimate and too dirty to be even able to travel home to his own country or arguable anywhere in Europe at this stage.

Find it hard to see how people can think he's been successful. It seems to me that's he's succeeded in destroying the empire that his Dad build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/man-40-jailed-for-10-years-for-firearms-offences-1.4478172

10 years, none suspended, for having a gun and a single bullet? That surely must be some sort of record.

This lad, in comparison, got 6 years for an actual murder plot, and is out already.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/news/courts/childhood-pal-of-slain-byrne-busted-on-way-to-carry-out-revenge-35581458.html

I know it's Martin Nolan, but still, the Cork one seems ridiculously excessive. Particularly given it appears O'Reilly was prepared to let off in a crowded pub, the lad in Cork with one bullet was likely off to put a window in.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/man-40-jailed-for-10-years-for-firearms-offences-1.4478172

10 years, none suspended, for having a gun and a single bullet? That surely must be some sort of record.

This lad, in comparison, got 6 years for an actual murder plot, and is out already.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/herald/news/courts/childhood-pal-of-slain-byrne-busted-on-way-to-carry-out-revenge-35581458.html

I know it's Martin Nolan, but still, the Cork one seems ridiculously excessive. Particularly given it appears O'Reilly was prepared to let off in a crowded pub, the lad in Cork with one bullet was likely off to put a window in.

That's the difference between pleading guilty versus not guilty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Augme wrote: »
    There isn't. But DK hasn't been able to run a large operation successfully. He has ran it into the ground and is pretty much isolated now. Too gained to go legimate and too dirty to be even able to travel home to his own country or arguable anywhere in Europe at this stage.

Find it hard to see how people can think he's been successful. It seems to me that's he's succeeded in destroying the empire that his Dad build.

What evidence is there of him running the operation into the ground? Arrests and seizures look good in the media for the authorities but I cannot find anything showing it having any effect. Business seems consistent.

Exactly my point.

I don't think some people are getting it.

Behind the media campaign, the front page headlines etc there is still a massive drug distribution network in operation worldwide.

MTK's boxing stable is massive. The amount of gyms opening in all corners of the earth is unreal BJS has said DK has negotiated every one of his world title fights that = £'s - Same for Tyson Fury. Can you imagine what he's getting from his purses.

That's not even taking into account the drugs and weapons that are being shipped almost daily & the other numerous businesses he must own and run that we don't know about.

Anyone that thinks a clown can run this kind of set up needs their heads testing. I'm no fan of the man but lets keep it real.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Exactly my point.

I don't think some people are getting it.

Behind the media campaign, the front page headlines etc there is still a massive drug distribution network in operation worldwide.

MTK's boxing stable is massive. The amount of gyms opening in all corners of the earth is unreal BJS has said DK has negotiated every one of his world title fights that = £'s - Same for Tyson Fury. Can you imagine what he's getting from his purses.

That's not even taking into account the drugs and weapons that are being shipped almost daily & the other numerous businesses he must own and run that we don't know about.

Anyone that thinks a clown can run this kind of set up needs their heads testing. I'm no fan of the man but lets keep it real.

I'm fairness Christy jnr is in charge of the money laundering side of things from the drugs/weapons.
    He goes well under the radar with his work on that front and it's not all just Daniel.
    The money laundering part of the drugs game is just as hard if not harder than filling a boat full of coke/gear and sailing off into the sun set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

No wonder DK and his group have become bible punching god lovers, given that a poor lady is banged up for saying feck you on whats app.

"Visitors to the UAE can be arrested, detained and prosecuted over a swear word, an offensive statement or derogatory comment said in the heat of the moment, and the UAE's cybercrime laws are extraterritorial, meaning that the statement could have been made from outside of the UAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQB4W0et-0

Skip ahead to 13:15 for the DK part. Another bizarre interview where Tyson Fury's uncle Peter claims he knew DK a long time before boxing.

This might explain how: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-mentor-uncle-drug-7149892

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

What evidence is there of him running the operation into the ground? Arrests and seizures look good in the media for the authorities but I cannot find anything showing it having any effect. Business seems consistent.

I agree! You can now get coke in evety Town, City and village on this island. Quicker than a takeaway so that in the grand scheme of things is a success for anyone who's bringing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Should be the standard. Ten years for possessing a firearm, higher for actually using one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doesn't seem unreasonable. 5 years minimum with a 14 year maximum. No guilty plea. No remorse shown in court which shows him to be particularly stupid. Little in the way of mitigation presented by his defence. 10 years seems about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Davetherave12

Irish police seem to operate very very strangely - letting Irish police officers go on television and tell the public that someone is “probably” and “suspected” of being guilty of crimes that they have never proven or charged him with is amateur hour.

Advertisement