Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭dbas

Don Logan wrote: »
    If he wins against Canelo expect him to bring up Kinahan in one way or another, I’d bet my last testicle on it.

Double or quits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Davetherave12

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Can you imagine.

As you say, he'd never put himself in a position to have to answer to the money trail.

Let’s just play devils advocate - what happens if he can explain the money trail?

A 10 year Spanish investigation that cost millions into him, came back with all charges dropped - they will have asked him where the money came from to start MTK and whatever answer he gave must have been good enough that as they could not legally prove it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Let’s just play devils advocate - what happens if he can explain the money trail?

A 10 year Spanish investigation that cost millions into him, came back with all charges dropped - they will have asked him where the money came from to start MTK and whatever answer he gave must have been good enough that as they could not legally prove it otherwise

I agree with you and I’d be all ears.

I can’t guarantee the sun will come up tomorrow but I’d take a good punt it will.

Pretty much the same when we all ‘know’ where his money has come from.

Also Spain is highly corrupt especially around the Marbella region.

Not sure he’d of got so lucky in Ireland, the uk or many other places IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

I think DK will eventually have to face the music. The Gardai are being strategic here. If you follow 'the whistleblowers' page and Id say everyone on here does / there is an interesting entry today @ about 2 hours ago. said by the head of the organised crime division here.
    Its not only Dk , its the South Americans, the Mexicans, the Africans, the Easterern Europeans, the Turks, the Pakistanis, the Afhgans and many more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

dbas wrote: »
    Double or quits?

You monster

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

sucioguapo wrote: »
    Mad how these things happen , was only thinking i was in the same room as gerry and dk before (national stadium 2009) was sitting beside gerry and his youngfella.. and then it all pans out line this

Always wondered how close all involved were at one stage. Seems they must all know each other very well and not just distantly through Gary for example.

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Always wondered how close all involved were at one stage. Seems they must all know each other very well and not just distantly through Gary for example.

ye youd wonder, stadium is small enough bt youd always see the same kind of crowd anytime u went... gerry was a gent , had no interaction with dk but also met katie and pete taylor that night.. katie was v friendly and pete was sound out too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not sure about that. She'd cream her knickers for that interview.

It was never gonna happen.

I think she has played him, he's looking very silly in the guardian today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭benny79

She got another story anyway out of it.

• Advertisement

DK sent his best man to sort out his media image :)

benny79 wrote: »
    She got another story anyway out of it.

Flogging a dead horse at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Its very embarrassing for boxing that they are basically saying they need DK's drug money to survive.

It was always a working class sport and I can understand young fellas following the money but the promoters/managers and millionaire fighters like Tyson Fury have no excuses.

Also Spain is highly corrupt especially around the Marbella region.

Not sure he’d of got so lucky in Ireland, the uk or many other places IMO.

If Spain is highly corrupt - like posters here are suggesting - Then why did they not just find a way to put DK in jail and then keep the £500 million in assests they took off him and use it for there own purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If Spain is highly corrupt - like posters here are suggesting - Then why did they not just find a way to put DK in jail and then keep the £500 million in assests they took off him and use it for there own purposes?

Maybe because that would be a tad more difficult than sticking a kilo of seized drugs up your jumper.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Maybe because that would be a tad more difficult than sticking a kilo of seized drugs up your jumper.

Surely not much more difficult - there the most corrupt police force in Europe after all right?
    The most corrupt police force in Europe seized over £500 million of someone they had charged and investigated for 10 years - they then robbed a few kilo of drugs and gave the rest back to them......is that the general story?

Surely not much more difficult - there the most corrupt police force in Europe after all right?
    The most corrupt police force in Europe seized over £500 million of someone they had charged and investigated for 10 years - they then robbed a few kilo of drugs and gave the rest back to them......is that the general story?

Wasn’t Dk a big supporter of Spanish police ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd say now Dave you might have overdid the 'ol raving back in the day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    sucioguapo wrote: »
    ye youd wonder, stadium is small enough bt youd always see the same kind of crowd anytime u went... gerry was a gent , had no interaction with dk but also met katie and pete taylor that night.. katie was v friendly and pete was sound out too

around time of the regency or soon after.
    there was a photo in some paper of gerry on the piss sitting beside jaws and sadie byrne. seems they were well known to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Does anyone on here, know 'Buckets of Blood' on a personal level?
    I just saw a picture of him on the Whistleblowers account, and it reminded me,
    of how much of a right mad punter he looks?
    Is he mad, bad or just a pure loony?
    (From my limited knowledge, I'm thinking all three!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Only a few years back he was doing gym classes in phibsborough.. I was surprised to find out how deep he was with DK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Only a few years back he was doing gym classes in phibsborough.. I was surprised to find out how deep he was with DK

Perfect cash business for somebody with illicit income to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fenian2020

Me mate used to train there, DK was regularly in there.

paw patrol wrote: »
    around time of the regency or soon after.
    there was a photo in some paper of gerry on the piss sitting beside jaws and sadie byrne. seems they were well known to each other.

That was taken in The Monks pub in Spain.

He’s done hits, armed robberies etc he’s game 100% and has put work in since he’s a teenager.

Come on mate.

If you’re corrupt and you’ve got 5, 10 maybe 15 colleagues in on an earner getting back handers from a criminal outfit to give them info or to turn a blind eye to certain things in exchange for a few grand a month is a bit different from trying to do a job CAB would be proud of which in turn would alert every copper and politician in Spain to the operation.

Little and often € makes a lot more sense.

Also I’m sceptical about the talk of €500m in assets in Brazil or whatever.

Was a pyramid scheme type scam as opposed to actual shovel in the ground complex by all accounts.

Come on mate.

If you’re corrupt and you’ve got 5, 10 maybe 15 colleagues in on an earner getting back handers from a criminal outfit to give them info or to turn a blind eye to certain things in exchange for a few grand a month is a bit different from trying to do a job CAB would be proud of which in turn would alert every copper and politician in Spain to the operation.

Little and often € makes a lot more sense.

Come on mate - they kept it quiet, little and often as not to alert politicians and other coppers to the scam?
    It was front page news in Spain and on the national news from 2010

The theory a highly corrupt police force had the chance to take and keep 100s of millions of an individual but decided to give it all up for a few kg of cocaine and a few grand a month is bordering on fantasy land time, so there corrupt enough to take monthly bribes? But not corrupt enough to keep millions? - They are either corrupt or they aren’t, legally - you can’t have it both ways.

This is the exact reason in any other country but Ireland - police don’t go public with naming individuals they have not charged with a crime or convicted. Every one has the case fully figured out down to the wildest of details being accepted as fact - without it ever seeing a court room.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Spoken to him before (job related, not going into that here) but don't know him. I knew who he was when I was talking to him as I've been following this gangland scene for a number of years. Conversation didnt go on long enough to get a feel of what he's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

@davetherave12

I'm struggling to see how they would have had the chance to steal the 500 mill. For a start it wasn't cash sitting on a pallet somewhere. It was made up of a lot of property all over the world... with deeds attached... where names would have needed to be changed with the authorities in order for those properties to change hands.

A lot of cars in that too...that were documented the moment they went in to a police compound. Watches jewellery the same. A lot of Bank accounts... no debit cards and pin numbers floating around there.

The only option would have been to grab cash or jewellery the moment they found it . And who knows... they probably did help themselves to a few bundles.
    A suggestion that there was an option for them to cream off 500 mill in assets for themselves is ...well.. simply a non runner...after an investigation of that magnitude.

Advertisement