Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Browning used to train /coach in LivingI club in phibsborough.

Dublin combat academy were training there before lcokdown.Muay thai and boxing,great little club until lockdown ****ed it all up.Buckets was a decent boxer,used to hammer the bag for about an hour.I dont mean the bag of white.

Cumberton(got done for Mickey barr shooting) trained there too doing a bit of MMA,soundish fella (for a hitman:-)) but always something a bit odd about him.Used to do abit of work earn his few quid then off to thailand for a few weeks and then back training.Browning was always either going or just back from somewhere.....nice when yo have all that cash u cant lodge in the bank heading off to places to spend it.Not the life for me tho.Every car that came into the gym he was checking it out and always a bit sketchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

PLATOBONG wrote: »
    I find it all very sad, his young fella is now without a dad and his granny has to look after. some poster on twitter said that he was ok and wouldnt hurt a fly. what are these people getting out of shooting people dead , is it just to satisfy their ego or what because they dont get the money back and a person is dead.. its all so f..king stupid.

The guy in the d simp video is different story , showing off stupid watches and robbing people.. he needs a good kick up the h..e .

His mate set patsy and Gary Hanley up told them to come to a bogey meeting and a hitman was waiting when they left was about 6 foot from them and missed with every shot

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

rondog wrote: »
    Browning used to train /coach in LivingI club in phibsborough.

Dublin combat academy were training there before lcokdown.Muay thai and boxing,great little club until lockdown ****ed it all up.Buckets was a decent boxer,used to hammer the bag for about an hour.I dont mean the bag of white.

Cumberton(got done for Mickey barr shooting) trained there too doing a bit of MMA,soundish fella (for a hitman:-)) but always something a bit odd about him.Used to do abit of work earn his few quid then off to thailand for a few weeks and then back training.Browning was always either going or just back from somewhere.....nice when yo have all that cash u cant lodge in the bank heading off to places to spend it.Not the life for me tho.Every car that came into the gym he was checking it out and always a bit sketchy.

Interesting. I've seen pictures of them together and thought they were friends. Cumberton also did a grappling match with McGregor on Youtube and may have fought amateur MMA. When you say he was a bit odd and would frequently go to Thailand, assumptions start to get made haha. To my knowledge he went there after the sunset shooting which made me wonder why he came back to Dublin but I guess he was told to or ran out of money as I think he was just a hitman.

Interesting. I've seen pictures of them together and thought they were friends. Cumberton also did a grappling match with McGregor on Youtube and may have fought amateur MMA. When you say he was a bit odd and would frequently go to Thailand, assumptions start to get made haha. To my knowledge he went there after the sunset shooting which made me wonder why he came back to Dublin but I guess he was told to or ran out of money as I think he was just a hitman.

Cumberton was a known dirt bird.Constantly going on about sex.Think he had a thai bird over there and used to go off to see her for a few weeks at a time.Also trained in a few thai gyms even though he was a fairly ****e striker,better at the grappling.

If he wasnt talking about riding birds he would always be on about guns and how much damage different sized bullets could do to you.Just weird stuff you wouldnt expect in the middle of a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

His mate set patsy and Gary Hanley up told them to come to a bogey meeting and a hitman was waiting when they left was about 6 foot from them and missed with every shot

Do you know the story behind lyons, was it debt or disloyalty ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

Given the threat Patsy has been under for years I can’t understand why he would put himself at risk going to a meeting in an area outside of his comfort zone. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Suppose ears is hiding in his mobile home at the moment watching this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

The guy in the d simp video is different story , showing off stupid watches and robbing people.. he needs a good kick up the h..e .

Was Simp’s old man actually knocked off? He’s posting the usual ****e as if nuffink happened?

Surely he’s going to get sorted out very horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thelooneygoone

Was his mate tb?

Was Simp’s old man actually knocked off? He’s posting the usual ****e as if nuffink happened?

Surely he’s going to get sorted out very horribly.

Not sure about the Old man but that video on the whatsapp route of the man getting a bullet in the head is bollocks!its from years ago.

Simsons crossed the Adams family,apparently ripped off the kinahans and ive heard ripped off the turks so he will meet a VERY gruesome death very soon.

Think he has 4 sons so no good will come of his mouthing off.He does MMA so must have had a few too many strikes to the head.

• Advertisement

Was his mate tb?

Tb and him were mates but it was a different mate who set them up

Do you know the story behind lyons, was it debt or disloyalty ?

Know nothing about it but looks like an inhouse job to me no getaway car or nothing so I'd say the shooters in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

No need for a car when you can run across the park

Know nothing about it but looks like an inhouse job to me no getaway car or nothing so I'd say the shooters in the area

Surprised someone even had a pop at him he was strung out most his life

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Any names floating about for this gang?

Noseygit wrote: »
    No need for a car when you can run across the park

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Noseygit wrote: »
    Any names floating about for this gang?

The Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Given the threat Patsy has been under for years I can’t understand why he would put himself at risk going to a meeting in an area outside of his comfort zone. Crazy.

At the time Patsy had Gardaí posted near his home 24/7 . You have to wonder how he was able to leave his home and travel to Ballymun, Not only did he leave his home but he met up with Hanley another guy who Gardaí are supposedly keeping an eye on . Doesn't look good for the Gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

NorthCity wrote: »
    At the time Patsy had Gardaí posted near his home 24/7 . You have to wonder how he was able to leave his home and travel to Ballymun, Not only did he leave his home but he met up with Hanley another guy who Gardaí are supposedly keeping an eye on . Doesn't look good for the Gardai

It's fairly simple and common to throw a tail. Basic counter surveillance techniques. Can be shown to anyone.

Also cops can have their own agenda and 'accidentally' lose someone when
    it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Why were they after Patsy more than anyone ? Was he involved to a certain degree or was it just because he was Gary’s ould lad? I remember seeing loads of spray paint around Dublin saying “Patsy dies feud ends”, they must’ve wanted him badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnsmithsnan

Don Logan wrote: »
    Why were they after Patsy more than anyone ? Was he involved to a certain degree or was it just because he was Gary’s ould lad? I remember seeing loads of spray paint around Dublin saying “Patsy dies feud ends”, they must’ve wanted him badly.

Patsy wasn’t innocent before or after the feud started . He was more involved in it then Gerry was the media just obsess over Gerrys end because Paul Williams has a never ending hard on for The monk

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Patsy wasn’t innocent before or after the feud started . He was more involved in it then Gerry was the media just obsess over Gerrys end because Paul Williams has a never ending hard on for The monk

I was thinking that alright, I always thought he wasn’t involved in crime yet they were after him the most, makes sense now I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Don Logan wrote: »
    I was thinking that alright, I always thought he wasn’t involved in crime yet they were after him the most, makes sense now I suppose.

maybe someone just simply whispered wrongly in DK,s ear to look good, that Patsy called the hit on him, as Christy would not believe it was Gerry, anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Why would ears be keeping his head down over this as someone said previously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Why would ears be keeping his head down over this as someone said previously?
    Its windy out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Am i right in my thinking that Patrick ‘Paddy’ Lyons was murdered over something very trivial ? The kite flying in the media is making me think that way.

Look at the pic of the poor fella.. looks like a sad end to a sad story. prob did f all

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

6541 wrote: »
    Am i right in my thinking that Patrick ‘Paddy’ Lyons was murdered over something very trivial ? The kite flying in the media is making me think that way.

€200 they're saying. Practically the price of 400 Freddos.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Even looking at him, doesn’t look a serious fella. Probs an addict who made a few mistakes didn’t deserve what’s happened, especially his young son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Hahahaha the last bit had me laughing.

He must be about 60 and he’s never been convicted of anything so it seems? What did he get up-to over the years whilst his brother was the the countries most infamous criminal was he small time in comparison or did Gary and Delboy basically learn their ways off him and follow suit..

A few years back Twitter pages were getting set up to bad mouth each side of the feud and a lot of it may have been fabricated but there was probably over 100 tweets about Patsy and let’s just say even if ten of them were half true then he’s not exactly the type to feel sorry for. Gary and Delboy would have robbed your granny if they knew where she lived and had her life savings in her loft as well so not much sympathy for them either.

Advertisement