Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

The Jets.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BaySide

Stooped wrote: »
    €200 they're saying. Practically the price of 400 Freddos.

In 1997 maybe 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The Jets.

Heard it was ordered by benny himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Heard it was ordered by benny himself

Christ I'm lost

Even looking at him, doesn’t look a serious fella. Probs an addict who made a few mistakes didn’t deserve what’s happened, especially his young son.

ye, i think youre right , very sad

anyone making **** jokes about a dead man should be ashamed of themself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

watup wrote: »
    Is DK and his brother fairly middle class? They don't look like your typical run of the mill rough heads. Anyone know what they were like in their teenage years - fights, robbing or anything like that? No convictions anyway.

I read somewhere their da was from quite a middle class family. They must be fairly smart to get this size?

I thought this was well-known but their father is/was known as the Dapper Don. He (Christy) did serve prison time at some point, but didn't make that mistake again. He used the time in prison to study and obtained two degrees. As for were he hails from originally, I am seeing conflicting info re this, one online source said Drumcondra, another Teresa's Gardens (which certainly wasn't middle class, no offense to anyone from there), perhaps someone more in the know could oblige?

The speculation from another poster that 'cancer' might be an intelligence asset is...interesting. I wouldn't rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I thought this was well-known but their father is/was known as the Dapper Don. He (Christy) did serve prison time at some point, but didn't make that mistake again. He used the time in prison to study and obtained two degrees. As for were he hails from originally, I am seeing conflicting info re this, one online source said Drumcondra, another Teresa's Gardens (which certainly wasn't middle class, no offense to anyone from there), perhaps someone more in the know could oblige?

The speculation from another poster that 'cancer' might be an intelligence asset is...interesting. I wouldn't rule it out.

Probably the whole idea of operation shovel was to get them to become rats, piled the pressure on them, nobody wanting to do serious porridge and lose the cash so, it looks pretty straight forward, anybody that landed in Dubai got busted, interpol Red notice, but no Red notice for anything DK related, yep it is very strange at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Noseygit wrote: »
    Any names floating about for this gang?

John Doyle on twitter posted up a screen grab of two brothers in the gang in Ballymun. 2nd name is the same as a Nike sponsored basketball player

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

John Doyle on twitter posted up a screen grab of two brothers in the gang in Ballymun. 2nd name is the same as a Nike sponsored basketball player

Wouldn't have far to run to do that job

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

slowdive74 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have far to run to do that job

They were probably pals growing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

They were probably pals growing up

any chance of giving initials. Iam tired looking up basketball players and nike..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

PLATOBONG wrote: »
    any chance of giving initials. Iam tired looking up basketball players and nike..

The name Katie Price used to be known by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

SSLil wrote: »
    The name Katie Price used to be known by.

Slut?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mikey Jones in the video with him the little nutter. Reckon it’s JOC recording it, he’s only after being released himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

sucioguapo wrote: »
    ye, i think youre right , very sad

anyone making **** jokes about a dead man should be ashamed of themself

It’s shocking , could they have not have kicked his door in and taken some items worth what he owed. Heard it was not much kings, just take his tv and some runners ffs. To take his life is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

rondog wrote: »
    Not sure about the Old man but that video on the whatsapp route of the man getting a bullet in the head is bollocks!its from years ago.

Simsons crossed the Adams family,apparently ripped off the kinahans and ive heard ripped off the turks so he will meet a VERY gruesome death very soon.

Think he has 4 sons so no good will come of his mouthing off.He does MMA so must have had a few too many strikes to the head.

From what i could see he has had only one fight beating a short little fat fella and the two of them were pathtic.For a fella going around ripping of these serious players it seemed very stupid bring his kids into the ring afterwards and naming them out.

The Adams family were serious players back in the 80s and 90s around King cross,dont know if they are still as strong but they would be out for serious vengance.
    Prefer them to get me than get taken for a ride by the Turks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

Omackeral wrote: »
    Mikey Jones in the video with him the little nutter. Reckon it’s JOC recording it, he’s only after being released himself.

The place doesnt look like a serious deterrent for serious crime. it looks like they have it all. the tv, phone, music , prob xbox , drugs and by the looks of it a potential male stripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Surprised someone even had a pop at him he was strung out most his life

People value other's lives so cheaply. Sad to see at what Ireland has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Ian Jordan and his bro bren they set patsy and Gary Hanley up to be shot in ballymun that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

€200 they're saying. Practically the price of 400 Freddos.

Where are you buying your Freddos? Cause it's not the same street as I'm buying my Freddos on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

kingbhome wrote: »
    People value other's lives so cheaply. Sad to see at what Ireland has become.

It is sad. A lot of people around now who are victims of a bad upbringing in the 80s and 90s. They have become reliant on gangs and its irrationally important to them what the gang thinks of them. Probably because they didn't have that safety blanket at home... the gang is their tribe.
    Combine that with a reverance amongst these gang members for violence driven by sensationalising it on TV and the internet.. and a few lines of coke...and the availability of guns now in Dublin... and you get what happened in Ballymun.
    I read here the deceased broke in to someone's house... and thats what he was murdered for.
    Were getting more like the USA as each year passes.

We really need to look at the syllabus in schools and change it.
    Emotional understanding and control is so important.
    A lot more important than reading English literature or worrying about the Battle of Hastings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The place doesnt look like a serious deterrent for serious crime. it looks like they have it all. the tv, phone, music , prob xbox , drugs and by the looks of it a potential male stripper.

With the year we have had it's probably more craic than the misery we are living with out here :pac: If I was O'Connor I'd have asked to stay inside til the pubs re open.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Ian Jordan and his bro bren they set patsy and Gary Hanley up to be shot in ballymun that time

Anything happen to them after that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tdf7187 wrote: »

Boy George is a Kinahan

• Registered Users Posts: 40,422 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Spore wrote: »
    Where are you buying your Freddos? Cause it's not the same street as I'm buying my Freddos on.

Multipacks in tesco FTW. less than €2 for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It is sad. A lot of people around now who are victims of a bad upbringing in the 80s and 90s. They have become reliant on gangs and its irrationally important to them what the gang thinks of them. Probably because they didn't have that safety blanket at home... the gang is their tribe.
    Combine that with a reverance amongst these gang members for violence driven by sensationalising it on TV and the internet.. and a few lines of coke...and the availability of guns now in Dublin... and you get what happened in Ballymun.
    I read here the deceased broke in to someone's house... and thats what he was murdered for.
    Were getting more like the USA as each year passes.

We really need to look at the syllabus in schools and change it.
    Emotional understanding and control is so important.
    A lot more important than reading English literature or worrying about the Battle of Hastings.

Do you know how many gun murders there were in Ireland lasy year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Do you know how many gun murders there were in Ireland lasy year?

I looked up a random area of Chicago out of interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Garfield_Park,_Chicago#Crime

Area has about 80% the population of Ballymun, with 31 murders and 172 people shot in 2016.

For Ballymun to have this rate, it would see circa 40 murders and 225 non fatal shootings per year. Nearly one murder per week, a non fatal shooting on nearly 2/3rds of nights per week.

Off the top of my head, last year Dublin had two gun murders, at least three attempted murders, and Robbie Lawlor who you could chalk down as a Dublin murder seeing as it related to his activities in the region.

Three murders, or six if the other lads had better aim. Quiet year.

The hyperbolic end of days nonsense some Irish people engage in is unreal. To read comments on the likes of the Journal you would swear O'Connell St and town in general were some lawless intimidating junkie infested wasteland. I've travelled and there are less addicts and more police walking around than plenty of other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Not the brightest Bullion boys on the block, but seem to be dangerous now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I looked up a random area of Chicago out of interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Garfield_Park,_Chicago#Crime

Area has about 80% the population of Ballymun, with 31 murders and 172 people shot in 2016.

For Ballymun to have this rate, it would see circa 40 murders and 225 non fatal shootings per year. Nearly one murder per week, a non fatal shooting on nearly 2/3rds of nights per week.

Off the top of my head, last year Dublin had one gun murder, at least three attempted murders, and Robbie Lawlor who you could chalk down as a Dublin murder seeing as it related to his activities in the region.

Two murders, or five if the other lads had better aim. Quiet year.

The hyperbolic end of days nonsense some Irish people engage in is unreal. To read comments on the likes of the Journal you would swear O'Connell St and town in general were some lawless intimidating junkie infested wasteland. I've travelled and there are less addicts and more police walking around than plenty of other places.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Advertisement