Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PLATOBONG

I looked up a random area of Chicago out of interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Garfield_Park,_Chicago#Crime

Area has about 80% the population of Ballymun, with 31 murders and 172 people shot in 2016.

For Ballymun to have this rate, it would see circa 40 murders and 225 non fatal shootings per year. Nearly one murder per week, a non fatal shooting on nearly 2/3rds of nights per week.

Off the top of my head, last year Dublin had one gun murder, at least three attempted murders, and Robbie Lawlor who you could chalk down as a Dublin murder seeing as it related to his activities in the region.

Two murders, or five if the other lads had better aim. Quiet year.

The hyperbolic end of days nonsense some Irish people engage in is unreal. To read comments on the likes of the Journal you would swear O'Connell St and town in general were some lawless intimidating junkie infested wasteland. I've travelled and there are less addicts and more police walking around than plenty of other places.

I lived in Chicago in the early 80's for a year. I lived in the North side of the city and the gun crime was bad then but more so in the city's south side which was a wild place. shocking poverty.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

I looked up a random area of Chicago out of interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Garfield_Park,_Chicago#Crime

Area has about 80% the population of Ballymun, with 31 murders and 172 people shot in 2016.

For Ballymun to have this rate, it would see circa 40 murders and 225 non fatal shootings per year. Nearly one murder per week, a non fatal shooting on nearly 2/3rds of nights per week.

Off the top of my head, last year Dublin had one gun murder, at least three attempted murders, and Robbie Lawlor who you could chalk down as a Dublin murder seeing as it related to his activities in the region.

Two murders, or five if the other lads had better aim. Quiet year.

The hyperbolic end of days nonsense some Irish people engage in is unreal. To read comments on the likes of the Journal you would swear O'Connell St and town in general were some lawless intimidating junkie infested wasteland. I've travelled and there are less addicts and more police walking around than plenty of other places.

Great post. Dublin really is not a particularly violent city.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Do you know how many gun murders there were in Ireland lasy year?

No I don't. But I do know that people are being murdered.. both shot and stabbed.. unnecessarily. Look at that poor woman on the quays stabbed in the neck by for no reason. She didnt even put up a fight. The Brazilian stabbing the Irish younglad.. again unnecessary.... stemming from unnecessary attacks on Brazilian delivery workers.
    My point wasnt whether we are worse or better than other places... but that we are getting worse.
    And until we address and educate our young people about emotional reactions that take place inside of us... and why they happen.. we are basically accepting a certain level of murders and violent attacks each year. And thats not good enough.
    I fully accept your point that other places are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

What's the update on his killing. I've read the people who are on remand for it are innocent. AH did owe him momey and was getting threatened by him but might not have killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

kingbhome wrote: »
    What's the update on his killing. I've read the people who are on remand for it are innocent. AH did owe him momey and was getting threatened by him but might not have killed him.

Are you for real? So a gunman happened to know that lawlor was going to Aidy's house at a certain time,the gunman decided the best way to attack was to come out of Aidy's front door,do the shooting and escape back through the house? Come off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

stingrayed wrote: »
    Not the brightest Bullion boys on the block, but seem to be dangerous now.

I wouldn't say dangerous they just owe a lot of móney they owed tb a big bill and that's why they tried set up patsy and Gary and then they **** them self's when the hitman ****ed it up and are trying to deny everything

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

My point wasnt whether we are worse or better than other places... but that we are getting worse.

What’s the evidence that we are getting worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Stooped wrote: »

Are all these guys gay then? The guy recording seems to be getting off on it. I remember on the Inside the K program some gangster lad was bragging that he would have sex with a male guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Are all these guys gay then? The guy recording seems to be getting off on it. I remember on the Inside the K program some gangster lad was bragging that he would have sex with a male guard.

That fat ginger chap?
    He’s been named here a few times, from blanch I think. He doesn’t get on with EARS, prob rode him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Hennessy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Graham looks off his head the poor c*?t
    Bent as a pound note him and his bro.
    Is that billy dunne doing the recording ? The picture on the tic tok account is a ringer for billy dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Graham looks off his head the poor c*?t
    Bent as a pound note him and his bro.
    Is that billy dunne doing the recording ? The picture on the tic tok account is a ringer for billy dunne

Billy's on the numbers. Think it's JOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Omackeral wrote: »

Is the lad in the red not a Coakley..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

I wouldn't say dangerous they just owe a lot of móney they owed tb a big bill and that's why they tried set up patsy and Gary and then they **** them self's when the hitman ****ed it up and are trying to deny everything

If they did do the poor lad, I wonder why, did he know something about TB and maybe it was the killing to pay off the debt.

Omackeral wrote: »

What do you mean Billy's on the numbers ? Protection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

not yet wrote: »
    Is the lad in the red not a Coakley..

Nah, it's Mikey Jones. Think the papers called him The Little General or something. Mad hatter he is.
    What do you mean Billy's on the numbers ? Protection ?

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 blondebomber8

Is Graham’s brother Keith Gardiner?

Is Graham’s brother Keith Gardiner?

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Castle gate grange Dublin Two people stabbed a few minutes ago. it's never ending.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It is sad. A lot of people around now who are victims of a bad upbringing in the 80s and 90s. They have become reliant on gangs and its irrationally important to them what the gang thinks of them. Probably because they didn't have that safety blanket at home... the gang is their tribe.
    Combine that with a reverance amongst these gang members for violence driven by sensationalising it on TV and the internet.. and a few lines of coke...and the availability of guns now in Dublin... and you get what happened in Ballymun.
    I read here the deceased broke in to someone's house... and thats what he was murdered for.
    Were getting more like the USA as each year passes.

We really need to look at the syllabus in schools and change it.
    Emotional understanding and control is so important.
    A lot more important than reading English literature or worrying about the Battle of Hastings.

All true. I must say, I always thought the trend started by the late Veronica Guerin started of giving nicknames to the prominent gangsters was not a good way to go. Obviously it's terrible that she was murdered but she was part of the whole media glorification that started in the early 1990s. Before then they were just portrayed as hoodlums. I understand why the media use nicknames to protect themselves from slander suits but why not given them nicknames that do the opposite of glorification. May I make a few suggestions:

"The C***"

"The Idiot"

"The Spastic"

"The Dickhead"

"The Loser"

"The Twat"

"The Paedo"

"The Wifebeater"

"The Rapist"

"Small Dick"

"No Balls"

etc.
    Of course they won't do that as it sells fewer papers, or drives fewer clicks. The trend of referring to CK as "cancer" is a good one, and should be encouraged. I doff my cap to whoever came up with that one. Because he is cancer, a plague on society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fenian2020

If they did do the poor lad, I wonder why, did he know something about TB and maybe it was the killing to pay off the debt.

You’re a proper little gangster gee fantasist dya know that? How does your little brain operate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RedRunners

Does anyone kno of a youtube link for the panorama show so i can watch it...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGTM0NOEeY&has_verified=1&bpctr=1613306474&ab_channel=FMBoxing

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A post together with a number of replies deleted. Homophobia will not be tolerated on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

tdf7187 wrote: »
    The trend of referring to CK as "cancer" is a good one, and should be encouraged. I doff my cap to whoever came up with that one. Because he is cancer, a plague on society.

Venereal diseases might be the way to go.

I agree with you. A general is someone to be looked up to. A penguin is a quirky little bird with a funny walk.
    Many of these individuals import heroin and distribute it to vulnerable people effectively ruining their lives and those close to them. Its akin to murder in my opinion.
    Cancer was named Id say by victims.and not journalists?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

I agree with you. A general is someone to be looked up to. A penguin is a quirky little bird with a funny walk.
    Many of these individuals import heroin and distribute it to vulnerable people effectively ruining their lives and those close to them. Its akin to murder in my opinion.

Like King Scum

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

I think Malignant Cancer Kinahan is a more fitting name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Don Logan wrote: »
    I think Malignant Cancer Kinahan is a more fitting name

hoping in the near future his name gets changed to SCC Cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Shooting in sherrif st

hoping in the near future his name gets changed to SCC Cancer

weird obsession , i know im always calling it out but would lovd to know what drives your infatuation with these people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Shooting in sherrif st

Can't see anything about this on sm

Advertisement