Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Very big sentence.

He’ll be looking over his shoulder inside & out forever more.

Hope it was worth it...

20 years for attempted murder seems very reasonable. That the charge was only attempted murder and not murder is just pure luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

20 years for attempted murder seems very reasonable. That the charge was only attempted murder and not murder is just pure luck.

I agree with you.

What I probably meant is people get surprisingly lenient sentences for some very bad gangland crimes and that one was what I’d expect them all to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

Noseygit wrote: »
    2 people arrested in relation to the murder of a teenager in January 2020. They are being questioned in Drogheda

Girlfriend & Friend of PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Does everyone sentenced by the SCC end up in Port Laoise (the army guarded one as opposed to Midlands Prison)? SCC trials are relatively rare, surely cant be too many in the prison? (and dissidents have their own landings)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Housefree wrote: »
    Girlfriend & Friend of PC

SC for the girlfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

DM and SC names are flying around that was arrrested

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Does everyone sentenced by the SCC end up in Port Laoise (the army guarded one as opposed to Midlands Prison)? SCC trials are relatively rare, surely cant be too many in the prison? (and dissidents have their own landings)

No. Smyth is going there as his life would be in danger in Mountjoy. He has no friends in Mountjoy but plenty of enmies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

No. Smyth is going there as his life would be in danger in Mountjoy. He has no friends in Mountjoy but plenty of enmies

find it strange most of Ears mates are doing time, however ears seems to not have a worry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭benny79

You dont have to be sentenced in the SCC to be sent to Portlaoise. People have got sent there and still do with small sentences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Fair enough sentence for what he done, I mean he did shoot him 5 times, he’s lucky he didn’t get a proper life sentence with no hope of parole. Another scumbag of the streets

stingrayed wrote: »
    find it strange most of Ears mates are doing time, however ears seems to not have a worry at all.

Prob seems to not worry because u dont know him so cant gage it.. id say they prob find it strange that u talk about them online like u know them but look , some mad people in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Great to see a nice long stretch for him. only one lad left out from the limo pic now :pac:

whats the story with the other two older boyos who were arrested for trying to kill mago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,185 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'd say a lot of these boys when they hear their cell door lock at 8pm or whatever are sorry they ever heard of the name Kinihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

I'd say a lot of these boys when they hear their cell door lock at 8pm or whatever are sorry they ever heard of the name Kinihan.

Awful waste of a life. Smyth, Quinn, Cumberton etc. Must feel like some mugs doing all this for DK. I wonder do their families get looked after financially once they get locked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Awful waste of a life. Smyth, Quinn, Cumberton etc. Must feel like some mugs doing all this for DK. I wonder do their families get looked after financially once they get locked up?

I'd say they're left to rot and then get released from prison with a big target on their back constantly looking over their shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Googleyes wrote: »
    DM and SC names are flying around that was arrrested

DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I wouldn't say smyths family is getting paid too much seeing as he made a balls of it, didn't kill the target and got caught

• Registered Users Posts: 8,185 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

i'd say the only looking after they get is that they know if the guy inside squeals then they will get a hiding for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

sucioguapo wrote: »
    Prob seems to not worry because u dont know him so cant gage it.. id say they prob find it strange that u talk about them online like u know them but look , some mad people in the world

it's an online forum about gangland activity, what's F**king strange about him talking about Ears? did you click on wrong link on the homepage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

They wouldn't want to be seen to be his pal. Too many lads from coolock want him dead. He ran the wing in Mountjoy a few years ago,now he's a nobody. He's on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

You know that photo that pops up every now and then of 6 of the lads - 2 cappers, smew, smyth and flashy. Who is the sixth person in it - he’s second from the left

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LastODC

He cant go to the laois either he'd be slaughtered back to segregation in the Midlands for him. Protection from protection. Good enough for him

Im surprised no one has mentioned mago made a statement against him not the stone cold gangster we thought he was

LastODC wrote: »
    Im surprised no one has mentioned mago made a statement against him not the stone cold gangster we thought he was

Are you sure? he said on the radio he refused to help.

LastODC wrote: »
    He cant go to the laois either he'd be slaughtered back to segregation in the Midlands for him. Protection from protection. Good enough for him

Hes a hit-man who worked for the K's who would be after him? Is he not mates with Capper? not go into him?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dramalama80

Lashes28 wrote: »
    DM?

Could be from a Disney film perhaps?

benny79 wrote: »
    Are you sure? he said on the radio he refused to help.

The court heard last month that James Gately had given a statement to gardaí and assisted with their investigation.

However, he did not give evidence at the trial and did not wish to make a victim impact statement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Don't know what you could find strange. It's simple. Capper and Caolon, for example, they were both careless, they committed crimes and were easily caught for them.

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    Hes a hit-man who worked for the K's who would be after him? Is he not mates with Capper? not go into him?

Capper has no pull at all he does what hes told. Slithers stabbed to many people in the back he has no one now. Hated by all sides. Id say him roo and the handicap will get there own little landen on double protection on suicide watch for the next 15 yr

Advertisement