Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fenian2020

stingrayed wrote: »
    Some real rotten bananas floating around at the moment, and some bad eggs also.

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/2-3-tonnes-of-cocaine-seized-before-reaching-uk-streets

Who cares? It’s in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheTruth2021

fenian2020 wrote: »
    That’s an insult. He’s a clown n truth2021 is another clueless eejit. Wrong on both parts, I’ve been on here before but left coz of the likes of Banana Republic etc

Edit : Just had a gander of thetruth2021 posts hahaha I can see the similarities because he uses full stops and capitals but puts spaces between full stops and multiple commas in a row, I’d have a meltdown typing like that.

You’re a clown plain and simple and so is that other gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Same lads who were charged over Wayne Whelans attempted murder.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0219/1198165-ballyfermot-shooting-charge/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

Dred. wrote: »
    In the UK they make 10 arrests with the shipment and whatever follows on from that

Here they only seize the shipment

I thought the exact same. Why didn't they let the containers through... with a GPS tracker fitted.. and find out where they were going and to who.
    Seems a bit coincidental that the coke In both the UK and here was hidden in containers of bananas. I wonder did the UK shipment come from Costa Rica too?
    Anyways sounds as if the Gardai didnt want to find the intended recipients over here... for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

I thought the exact same. Why didn't they let the containers through... with a GPS tracker fitted.. and find out where they were going and to who.
    Seems a bit coincidental that the coke In both the UK and here was hidden in containers of bananas. I wonder did the UK shipment come from Costa Rica too?
    Anyways sounds as if the Gardai didnt want to find the intended recipients over here... for some reason.

They searched 70 containers before they found it. I'd say there were phone calls getting made after the first one was opened for a search. Probably pointless at that stage letting it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Do you actually beleive this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

P.Walnuts wrote: »

people believe all kinds of stupid things so they probably do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

The Gardai don't make many arrests in proportion to seizures

Dred. wrote: »
    The Gardai don't make many arrests in proportion to seizures

I'm sure you have the figures to back that up?

Well I just wonder if there was an agreement made with the informant that the containers would be opened at the port and there it ends.
    Surely the Guards can trust the Customs Officials to keep quiet. If they had let it through they still had surveillance on the container so in theory they could still seize drugs.
    Point is without convictions seizures just put a small little dent in supply... and put pressure on the tradespeople... who trade on. Rest is just PR for the Gardai.

• Advertisement

Well I just wonder if there was an agreement made with the informant that the containers would be opened at the port and there it ends.
    Surely the Guards can trust the Customs Officials to keep quiet. If they had let it through they still had surveillance on the container so in theory they could still seize drugs.
    Point is without convictions seizures just put a small little dent in supply... and put pressure on the tradespeople... who trade on. Rest is just PR for the Gardai.
    somebody else mentioned that they opened 70 containers before finding it. So presumably they had intelligence that there was a shipment in one of the containers but the information didn't have details of exactly which one. do you expect them to put trackers on every single container and follow every one?

somebody else mentioned that they opened 70 containers before finding it. So presumably they had intelligence that there was a shipment in one of the containers but the information didn't have details of exactly which one. do you expect them to put trackers on every single container and follow every one?

No. Just the one with the Persian Rugs in it.

No. Just the one with the Persian Rugs in it.

and how do you do that if you dont know which one has the drugs? It seems from the IT article that they didn't know which one contained the drugs.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/cocaine-valued-at-12m-found-in-cork-in-one-of-republic-s-biggest-recent-drug-seizures-1.4488749
    Garda search teams and customs rummage teams, using an X-ray scanner and assisted by sniffer dog, Marley, uncovered the drugs after searching several of the 40 foot containers aboard the ship.

and how do you do that if you dont know which one has the drugs? It seems from the IT article that they didn't know which one contained the drugs.

Maybe I'm completely wrong here but when you find the drugs you put them back in the container carefully... following the photos you took... and then you seal it and track it. I can't think of any other way they could go about tracking shipments... like they did in the UK. Id imagine they're not opening boxes like its Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fenian2020

Leg it ya muppet, you were calling Lee Gibson an enforcer the other week and deleted the comment.

Maybe I'm completely wrong here but when you find the drugs you put them back in the container carefully... following the photos you took... and then you seal it and track it. I can't think of any other way they could go about tracking shipments... like they did in the UK. Id imagine they're not opening boxes like its Christmas morning.

you dont think an operation like that will get noticed?

U said u were annoyed by lads throwing there weight around on instagram ye washer haha

you dont think an operation like that will get noticed?

They x rayed the containers and used sniffer dogs. Im sure that goes on every day. So I'm sure it was.noticed by Customs officials and Gardai and maybe a couple of others.. who knows. Are you suggesting that no finds at the ports in containers are sealed back up and tracked?

They x rayed the containers and used sniffer dogs. Im sure that goes on every day. So I'm sure it was.noticed by Customs officials and Gardai and maybe a couple of others.. who knows. Are you suggesting that no finds at the ports in containers are sealed back up and tracked?

I'm not suggesting anything about other finds as I have no information to base that suggestion on. But if there were gardai present, and I can't imagine they weren't, then that alone would be enough to tip somebody off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheTruth2021

Leg it ya muppet, you were calling Lee Gibson an enforcer the other week and deleted the comment.

Deleted nothing you clown all my posts are there. Nothing to hide from my end and having read through most of your tripe you post I’ve come to the conclusion you are a mongo of the highest order so jog on pal

• Advertisement

I'm not suggesting anything about other finds as I have no information to base that suggestion on. But if there were gardai present, and I can't imagine they weren't, then that alone would be enough to tip somebody off.

Well you may very well be right. I don't know how often the Gardai would be in Ringaskiddy Port. I don't know how big it is. But there's an assumption in your case that the importers have a man on the ground in the Port. Who knows.

The UK police found the container last Sunday at their port... but allowed it through and tracked the 41 pallets of coke(a lot) to a warehouse where they arrested people.
    Why couldn't we do this.
    Over and out.

Well you may very well be right. I don't know how often the Gardai would be in Ringaskiddy Port. I don't know how big it is. But there's an assumption in your case that the importers have a man on the ground in the Port. Who knows.

The UK police found the container last Sunday at their port... but allowed it through and tracked the 41 pallets of coke(a lot) to a warehouse where they arrested people.
    Why couldn't we do this.
    Over and out.

did they find the actual container? seems strange they didn't tell the gardai and save them the bother of searching for it. Or more likely they knew as much as the gardai did i.e. that it was in a container somewhere on the ship.

and its just "out". "over and out" is redundant.

If you think the Guards are seizing drugs and intentionally not arresting the importers, I'm afraid you are a moron.

If you think the Guards are seizing drugs and intentionally not arresting the importers, I'm afraid you are a moron.

Is it really necessary to call me a moron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

No but it's fair to say the Gardai are targeting product and not personnel

That's their current strategy

Is it really necessary to call me a moron?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

BREAKING: Five members of one of the country’s most prolific burglary gangs have been arrested during a garda surveillance operation in south Dublin tonight. Those arrested include two senior members of the ‘Cock-Wall’ gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

"Cough" "cough"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Boylan_affair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Shooting in Dundalk tonight? Mill st allegedly.

• Advertisement

He was literally arrested and convicted.

Was the whole thing dodge? Yes, probably.

Is it common practice? Absolutely not

Advertisement