Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

dec1892 wrote: »
    I know what ya mean about basin street and it being a bit of an enclave.....and you also mention st anthonys road....but would other areas in D8 not fit the bill too, like marrowbone lane, school street, around oliver bond??

I lived in basin street early 2000s
    Never a dull moment , saw a couple of shootings, flats smashed up etc

Fatima was still standing so would see lots of junkies going up the lane to score there during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I dated a girl from Teresa's Gardens for a couple of years in the late 90s. It would have been much worse than basin street flats back then but basin was an absolute dive.

The area in general was a kip, the reason I broke up with her was the endless intimidation I got. Every time I went up that area I got threatened not to be there, in the end I stood up to them and broke a lads jaw on donore one evening. As you can imagine that was my last trip up there haha!

Oliver bond though, never felt in danger there, I'd walk there now and feel as safe as I would in phibsboro, Crumlin etc.

I lived in basin street early 2000s
    Never a dull moment , saw a couple of shootings, flats smashed up etc

Fatima was still standing so would see lots of junkies going up the lane to score there during the night

Mary Aikenhead House, what a name for a block of flats!

Late at night , wouldn’t be great place to be at all

I had hell up around donore dating that girl, I'd have gangs of them surrounding me most times I'd be up there asking me why I was there, could I not get a bird in my own neck of the woods, all that kind of sh!te. Of course I could never challenge anyone as I was an outsider. I used to be gicking myself leaving her place at night!

Never seen an area so badly hit by heroin

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

italodisco wrote: »
    I had hell up around donore dating that girl, I'd have gangs of them surrounding me most times I'd be up there asking me why I was there, could I not get a bird in my own neck of the woods, all that kind of sh!te. Of course I could never challenge anyone as I was an outsider. I used to be gicking myself leaving her place at night!

Never seen an area so badly hit by heroin

What would you rate her out of 10 mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Been living in D8 a good few years now and never any hassle. The usual junkies along Thomas Street and you might get a gang of lads from the Oliver bonds standing outside tesco and spar in groups late at night. Maybe that can be intimidating if your not familiar with the area but I've never had any hassle.

There does be plenty high profile cases around the area. David Douglas murder, David Byrne funeral (that picture of DK on francis street with fat freddie always doing the rounds) and obviously DK was from there. But the area itself is very safe compared to whats going on up the north side

marley45 wrote: »
    I lived just off Meath Street for 2 years moving out a year ago. I was right beside Pimlico and Marrowbone cant say I had any bother around that area. Oliver Bonds always felt more dangerous walking by it.

I have to say its the best place in Dublin to live in terms of location and character. Very tight-knit community just a few bad eggs give it a reputation. Had some great nights in Bakers and the clock, sadly bakers won't be reopening after the pandemic.

I also went to the same gym as LR , I knew when I first seen him that this fella is dodgy and I recognized him from somewhere. Few days later he popped up on the whistleblowers twitter page so my instincts were right.

leko99 wrote: »
    What would you rate her out of 10 mate?

She was a 7 back then, she's a 9 now.

Amazing what makeup, the gym and fake eyelashes can do haha

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Morrissey's pub beside Eugene Street is an interesting spot. Went there a few times and I always felt like everyone in there was a criminal of some sort. Every person who came in and out of its lounge were in tracksuits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Morrissey's pub beside Eugene Street is an interesting spot. Went there a few times and I always felt like everyone in there was a criminal of some sort. Every person who came in and out of its lounge were in tracksuits

Popular spot for athletes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

According to Paul Reynolds RTE, the teenagers blood stained Canada goose jacket is still there at the scene.

What an odd detail to report.

According to Paul Reynolds RTE, the teenagers blood stained Canada goose jacket is still there at the scene.

Will be up for sale on marketplace by dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Hoboo wrote: »

FAI enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hoboo wrote: »

They do a good protein rich lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Was reported on the radio news too. Items of clothes remain at the scene. Whatever significance it has

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Doire_carrick

Was reported on the radio news too. Items of clothes remain at the scene. Whatever significance it has

There was a lot made of kmw wearing a Canada goose coat and how much they cost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭benny79

italodisco wrote: »
    She was a 7 back then, she's a 9 now.

Amazing what makeup, the gym and fake eyelashes can do haha

Any pictures? :D never to late to try again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coolockgoss

Word around is that it was a case of mistaken identity was aimed at certain induvial in the NIC that was involved in an assault a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

b95492ada7.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

Word around is that it was a case of mistaken identity was aimed at certain induvial in the NIC that was involved in an assault a couple of months ago.

PB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 coolockgoss

dec1892 wrote: »
    PB?

There was weapons involved all caught on video around pearse street couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

that young lad who was shot last nights father is a lad who was involved in stabbing Gary Hanley in Wheatfield Prison a few yrs ago and his uncle is the lad who stabbed scar face outside the pet shop a few yrs ago so a family caught up in trouble for yrs..... he father was supposed to have shot wayne mc nally that time too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Jizique

I think Fat Freddy got locked up after an assault in the pub following an “altercation” after a funeral a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Jizique

Jizique wrote: »
    I think Fat Freddy got locked up after an assault in the pub following an “altercation” after a funeral a few years ago

Bingo
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/herald/news/moment-fat-freddie-started-pub-brawl-that-landed-him-in-prison-30959808.html
    Jailed feb 2015 for an assault in 2013 after extradition from Amsterdam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Eyes1 wrote: »
    K of coke around £5000 per kg at that amount = £115m

Might even be getting it cheaper for 23,000 kg.

On the street £52k a box approx depending where you are.

Broken down into bits and pieces & not to mentioned bashed up is one hell of a lot of cash.

Some very disgruntled and no doubt worried lads out there tonight.

What kind of prices are we talking these days to buy kilos off an importer outfit in Ireland- the Kinahans, the Penguin, Gredon etc.

Say the Kinahan loyalist in area X of Dublin :pac:) is shifting four kilos of import purity coke per month. How much is he buying these for these days? What about heroin?

Off the top of my head Gardai put weed at 20K per kilo, which is ridiculous seeing as in Dublin a 50 bag has gone to a square 4 grams from what I can see. Putting the street level of a kilo of weed, or 250 typical deals, at 12,500 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

What kind of prices are we talking these days to buy kilos off an importer outfit in Ireland- the Kinahans, the Penguin, Gredon etc.

Say the Kinahan loyalist in area X of Dublin :pac:) is shifting four kilos of import purity coke per month. How much is he buying these for these days? What about heroin?

Off the top of my head Gardai put weed at 20K per kilo, which is ridiculous seeing as in Dublin a 50 bag has gone to a square 4 grams from what I can see. Putting the street level of a kilo of weed, or 250 typical deals, at 12,500 quid.

Fill in the form below, they will get back to you quickly. :D

https://mtkglobal.com/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Housefree

It's not really that odd, basically implying he's a drug dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Wonder does Canadian Goose, the company, know that in Ireland their jackets are associated with scum bags

I got a laugh when the crime examiner on news picked the jacket up and a cloud of feather blew up on the air

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

bazermc wrote: »
    Wonder does Canadian Goose, the company know, that in Ireland their jackets are associated with scum bags

I got a laugh when the crime examiner on news picked the jacket up and a cloud of feather blew up on the air

Ha. Yea seen the feathers too.
    I’m the same. Canada goose = dealer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Looks like the young lad is going to make it he's posting videos on snapchat

Advertisement