Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MagoP

Yeah, but simple as they might be you can't underestimate how slow and thick most Gardai are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

MrMedium wrote: »
    Joking aside I have Been in company of LB, McGov, Bop and co. a number of times over the years, long before all the feud started / Gary was killed, at events and the odd session back in houses. I was absolutely amazed each time at how simple they came across in the way they went on and how they carried themselves. Talked absolute gangster ****e, which to be fair is what they were but really over the top with it, full of themselves to the highest degree you can imagine. Bop seemed to be the least worst for it to be fair to him. The fact that they were, and still are, able to make so much money baffles me. Wouldn’t have ever struck me as cunning or strategic crimbinals.

Spot on but these bright sparks do not realise yet, that their cash invested in Dubai and mobile homes will never be coming back to them, once they are in jail, there will always be the Cancer and MS excuse, "cannot do anything mate its to hot if I move anything coppers will see it". so they carry on grafting to have some cash on the side, until the eventual happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Mailonline have ran reports at the weekend that it is the gang that owned the racehorse Labaik who are behind the strategic slow leaking of photos and videos that have landed Gordon Elliot in the sh*t,a lot of other attacks and intimidation has went on in the background that has not been reported to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

The irish examiner suggests a different story for the shooting in bluebell.....that the male didn't shoot himself accidently but had been shot earlier in the day by the 3 dissidents down from the North.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40240319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40240265.html

Cavan at the weekend...millionaire businessman Roger o grady was the target

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Man in his 30s charged (edit) *in relation to* 2shootings last Saturday,due in court this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Just bought a nice bag of popcorn, this should be a decent movie.

'Sky encryption service cracked: 200 searches in Belgium'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Noseygit wrote: »
    Man in his 30s charged with 2shootings last Saturday,due in court this morning

remanded in custody - not sure he was charged with 2 shootings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

remanded in custody - not sure he was charged with 2 shootings.

He's charged with impeding the investigation and possession of firearm....not with actual shooting the woman, or have I read it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    He's charged with impeding the investigation and possession of firearm....not with actual shooting the woman, or have I read it wrong?

hangin wallpaper next door and picked up the disposed gun and dumped it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

MrMedium wrote: »
    Joking aside I have Been in company of LB, McGov, Bop and co. a number of times over the years, long before all the feud started / Gary was killed, at events and the odd session back in houses. I was absolutely amazed each time at how simple they came across in the way they went on and how they carried themselves. Talked absolute gangster ****e, which to be fair is what they were but really over the top with it, full of themselves to the highest degree you can imagine. Bop seemed to be the least worst for it to be fair to him. The fact that they were, and still are, able to make so much money baffles me. Wouldn’t have ever struck me as cunning or strategic crimbinals.

If anything this is yet more evidence that the war on drugs is responsible for most of this sh!te. I can't comment specifically on the intelligence or lack thereof when it comes to any particular individuals, not knowing them personally, but it's definitely true that pretty much anyone can get massively rich selling drugs purely because governments around the world have decided to prohibit the two things (drugs and sex work) which humans have literally been chasing since before we evolved complex language.

The fact that these people are able to become multi millionaires just shows you how massive a market world governments have turned over entirely to people who are willing to be criminals. How different would all this be if they were legitimately competing with Big Pharma with all of its economies of scale, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

stingrayed wrote: »
    Just bought a nice bag of popcorn, this should be a decent movie.

'Sky encryption service cracked: 200 searches in Belgium'

Why the f*ck don't these encryption services use public key cryptography in which each user has a unique public key and the company itself has absolutely no access to the private keys? It would make so much more sense if each user had a private key on their own device and this was the only way for anyone, including the company hosting the service, to look at the messages. That way, "cracking the service" wouldn't be possible, you'd have to crack each user individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

Anyone else feel like the Kinahan hierarchy is amateur as f*ck and all over the shop? They seem to have a bajillion lieutenants, but you never hear about Kinahan Colonels or Kinahan Brigadier Generals. I mean who would be the reporting Kinahan Staff Sergeant in all of this?

It's no wonder the gang keeps having splits and power struggles, sure you can hardly blame the lads when there seems to be absolutely no leadership structure :pac:

I have read that the structure of the KOCG is based on a cell model, where each cell doesn't have knowledge of other cells personnel or activities. Similar I suppose to the PIRA at its peak.

I wouldn't describe them as amateur.. simply because they have had a lot of success. Annual accounts would show profit amounting to hundreds of millions over the past decade. That is based on the assumption that success in that game is directly proportional to profits made.

However with approx 60 of the organisations employees now in prison you would have to question the leadership. The foot soldiers selling 50 bags are easily replaceable. However the key mid management personnel must be hard to replace.

Most large hierarchical companies would have succession planning in place. So these key staff, lost to the prison system, would be replaced quickly by capable others, internally or externally. However you need sophisticated recruitment and training in place for that to work.
    For recruitment it must be very hard to attract your 400 plus points leaving cert candidates in to that industry. (Though someone on here said Big was very intelligent.) So you're recruiting as such.
    For training Id say its non existent with key staff in prison. So most lads get in out of their depth, leading to botched hits, seized shipments, paranoia etc etc. The Gardai have managed to dismantle the organisation since it started to creak.

Inevitably competing organisations take over and the existing organisation folds. Which is what were seeing now.
    And sadly the cycle continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

And while we're on the organizational modeling - there is real weight behind the adage that business often fails the second generation!

IRE60 wrote: »
    And while we're on the organizational modeling - there is real weight behind the adage that business often fails the second generation!

Great point. And how relevant this is to the KOCG. Looks like CK timed his retirement very well. Cancer probably thought he was being handed a gold mine when in actual fact the organisation was effectively a house of cards.
    There is probably one or two picture cards still at large and when they're taken out it all falls down.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

IRE60 wrote: »

Isn't it the third generation? "Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations". Like how the first person wakes up the snake, the second makes it angry, then the third gets bitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stooped wrote: »
    Isn't it the third generation? "Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations". Like how the first person wakes up the snake, the second makes it angry, then the third gets bitten.
    I was talking about this fairly recently. Some places say "one generation to make it and one to break it" - They don't stipulate which one will break it.
    But some say the 2nd.
    https://hbr.org/2020/05/why-the-second-generation-can-make-or-break-your-family-business
    I was always told third gen. I guess it depends on how successful the business is, and in this business I doubt even that matters.
    Are their many that make it to a third generation? Even that make it past the first?

Suckit wrote: »
    I was talking about this fairly recently. Some places say "one generation to make it and one to break it" - They don't stipulate which one will break it.
    But some say the 2nd.
    https://hbr.org/2020/05/why-the-second-generation-can-make-or-break-your-family-business
    I was always told third gen. I guess it depends on how successful the business is, and in this business I doubt even that matters.
    Are their many that make it to a third generation? Even that make it past the first?

Not many. Maybe the mafia in the old days but they had the police and the judges on the payroll. Very hard to make it to a 3rd Generation in the Persian Rugs business.

Maybe thats another (yes another) reason why cancer was trying to get in to the boxing promotion. So the next gen could have a legitimate business to get in to. Like Barry did for Eddie Hearns.

Funny thing is, it looks as if he is good at doing fight deals. Seen a few US promoters, who didn't know who he was, saying that.
    Could have been a great career choice for him if he hadn't gotten involved in all of the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Without the money behind him and connections I doubt he would have made it that high in the business.
    I wonder if he wasn't connected to crime would he have got the attention of a few people and fighters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

Seems the Reals do most of their work in the south, when they first formed, sensing a power vacuum with the Provos going on ceasefire, after the disaster of the Omagh bomb the Provos killed a few of them and put the ****s up the others, like most dissident groups they spend most of the time shooting eachother, theres been about 17 "changes in leadership" since they've formed.

Probably why Alan Ryan shat himself when he threatened that group of people and one of them turned out to be a Provo, this was a few weeks before he got shot

• Advertisement

Not many. Maybe the mafia in the old days but they had the police and the judges on the payroll. Very hard to make it to a 3rd Generation in the Persian Rugs business.

Maybe thats another (yes another) reason why cancer was trying to get in to the boxing promotion. So the next gen could have a legitimate business to get in to. Like Barry did for Eddie Hearns.

Funny thing is, it looks as if he is good at doing fight deals. Seen a few US promoters, who didn't know who he was, saying that.
    Could have been a great career choice for him if he hadn't gotten involved in all of the other stuff.

Having a limitless supply of money makes him good at doing deals, not negotiation skills

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

The mafia are still going today they just learned to do there business underground not out and about loud like john gotti and others they , kinahan wouldn't have got nowhere without his fathers drug money and connections in boxing.

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    The mafia are still going today they just learned to do there business underground not out and about loud like john gotti and others they , kinahan wouldn't have got nowhere without his fathers drug money and connections in boxing.

They are nowhere near as powerful as they were thanks to the RICO trials and gigantic sentences for drugs, many of the old school mafia heads were heavily against drug dealing, but as always greed won out.

Hell the whole plot of the Godfather is the attempted murder of Don Corleone because he doesn't want to start drug dealing and is standing in the way of making money

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

They are nowhere near as powerful as they were thanks to the RICO trials and gigantic sentences for drugs, many of the old school mafia heads were heavily against drug dealing, but as always greed won out.

Hell the whole plot of the Godfather is the attempted murder of Don Corleone because he doesn't want to start drug dealing and is standing in the way of making money

Don’t forget informers. Lots and lots of informers

Don’t forget informers. Lots and lots of informers
    Something the Republican movement would know a thing or two about

Mafia Informers threatened with large sentences, making them easier to flip, but I heard from a horses mouth that Special Branch would just threaten to have you killed in the good old days

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

To paraphrase Chris Morris character in the IT crowd

“I started my boxing promotion business with nothing but a dream, and 1bn of my father’s money “

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Something the Republican movement would know a thing or two about

Mafia Informers threatened with large sentences, making them easier to flip, but I heard from a horses mouth that Special Branch would just threaten to have you killed in the good old days
    Wouldn’t surprise me in the least

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Guards searching behind Rathmullen estate in Drogheda for KMW's torso. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to dispose of it quite literally on their doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Stooped wrote: »
    Guards searching behind Rathmullen estate in Drogheda for KMW's torso. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to dispose of it quite literally on their doorstep.

Was down there today. Can’t see much but seems to be something there by the lads heading down into one area in the trees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was down there today. Can’t see much but seems to be something there by the lads heading down into one area in the trees

A search is being carried out as part of the investigation into the murder of a male teenager in January 2020.

It's believed to be taking place in the Rathmullen area of Drogheda.

Gardaí say local members of the division are being assisted by the Louth Divisional Search unit, Garda Dog Units, Garda Water Units and the Technical Bureau from Garda Headquarters.

No further information is being given at this time.

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/search-being-carried-out-in-drogheda-over-murder-of-a-male-teenager-last-year/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement