Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Played football in STG as a kid, the bus driver barely stopped dropping us off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Usually its someone gets cught with a bit then squeels on where he got it,and so on up the ladder

Was thinking same as a lad was up on court there a while ago an got off thinking he done em

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Trebhygt

The Freewheelers, a bunch of fat lads in waist coats
    🙂🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

lab man wrote: »
    Question lads heard of two lads caught with 30 k work of coke in a house where would the guards have got there info off or would it be just lucky .. I love this tread but know nothing about drugs or gangland

Morning officer dibble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Gardaí are investigating after a woman in her 20s was fatally assaulted in Dublin today.

The incident occurred in Melville Drive, Finglas, shortly after 2pm this afternoon.

A woman, aged in her 20s, received fatal injuries during the incident.

Emergency services attended the scene and the woman was taken to Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown.

She was pronounced dead a short time later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GameChanger

redarmy wrote: »
    Gardaí are investigating after a woman in her 20s was fatally assaulted in Dublin today.

The incident occurred in Melville Drive, Finglas, shortly after 2pm this afternoon.

A woman, aged in her 20s, received fatal injuries during the incident.

Emergency services attended the scene and the woman was taken to Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown.

She was pronounced dead a short time later.

A 20 year old Male, arrested at the Scene.. Being held in Finglas Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Is Finglas as rough an area as I seem to think seeing as there is a lot of anti social behaviour going on. A fellow I once knew, from Finglas died tragically about 10 years ago and I went to his funeral in Finglas. I felt very intimidated then so it must be dreadful now knowing full well the majority are decent law abiding citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Is Finglas as rough an area as I seem to think seeing as there is a lot of anti social behaviour going on. A fellow I once knew, from Finglas died tragically about 10 years ago and I went to his funeral in Finglas. I felt very intimidated then so it must be dreadful now knowing full well the majority are decent law abiding citizens.

like most other places in Dublin and beyond, a small few ruin everything for every body else...........

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mrh1974

I've been meaning to ask someone about this! So Margaret Kennedy Road is essentially the new St Teresa's Gardens from what I can tell, or at least it's the first block in the new estate. I just thought construction wasn't anywhere near finished there yet? On Google Maps it very much still looks like a building site, but I don't know how often those 3D satellite photos get updated?

That was one scaaaaary place back in the day. I used to go to college in the area and I remember naively making a thread here asking why my older relatives kept warning me to be extra careful going to and from friends' gaffs living around that part of the Barn, one of the lads had a lovely two storey gaff just behind Lidl on Cork Street which had absolutely f*ck all rent on it :D The burglaries started almost immediately after we started hanging out there, and the sound of late night shouting matches and Garda sirens was a multiple-times-every-night kind of thing. Was definitely the kind of place you didn't walk through after dark, no matter where you were trying to get to from Darleys or Eugene St you doubled back up Cork St and around, no way in hell would you walk down that end of Donore after nightfall.

The funny thing is that this was the period directly between the two major feuds in the area - Rattigan v Thompson more or less petered out by the end of the 2000s and Kinahan v Hutch didn't kick off until 2014 or 2015 - and the rest of the area was exceedingly quiet, Cork Street and further up Donore Ave were just full of renting students and house parties at night, but everyone knew you didn't walk down the Cork Street end of Donore to get to the other end, you cut around through Chamber St and Marton Ave. The college actually put out a notice to students about an uptick in people getting mugged for their musical instruments when walking from the Cork St end of Donore to the rehearsal studio at the other end of the Avenue.

People will always say this is a failure of social housing but tbh it always struck me more as a failure of the justice system. Time and again you'd read of people from that enclave being brought up before the courts for violent crime and getting let off with suspended sentences. One of the people who broke into someone's car to steal his equipment was caught and when we Googled it, there were a f*ckload of cases involving him in various newspapers from the previous decade and he seemed to be getting slaps on the wrist every time. Insane. I genuinely don't believe that areas such as this would be such dangerous kips if laws were properly enforced, the vast majority of people living in the area were beyond sound and welcoming, and you'd feel just as sorry for them having to share an estate with gobsh!tes as you would for new people moving to the area and not knowing which estates to avoid.

can't be bothered to watch the whole match....anybody post the highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jonnies_Rotten

mrh1974 wrote: »
    can't be bothered to watch the whole match....anybody post the highlights?

Lad went to college around Cork street and reckons the justice system is failing the local residents. Wants to know if Teresa Gardens is Margaret Kennedy Road..

To answer ya it is! Turns out ya can’t actually polish a 💩 ... who knew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

Any names on that stabbing in finglas? V. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I've been meaning to ask someone about this! So Margaret Kennedy Road is essentially the new St Teresa's Gardens from what I can tell, or at least it's the first block in the new estate. I just thought construction wasn't anywhere near finished there yet? On Google Maps it very much still looks like a building site, but I don't know how often those 3D satellite photos get updated?

Been open since mid to late February. I was told they were filling one gaff a week. It's fairly well populated now.
    I've been living in the area nearly 20 years, haven't had any grief to speak of. There's a few dodgy characters, like a lot of places, there's a good few that are locked up now for Kinahan/Hutch related stuff, and some spots like Basin Street that I wouldn't go near, but overall I love living here. Unless you're hanging out in the circles of the fúckos you're grand, I reckon. I walk Donore Avenue on a daily basis, never had a hint of trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

It really does depend on which part you’re in. The Glasnevin end of Finglas East would have some houses touching 450k/500k. Parts of Finglas south and Finglas west would not be great. These areas would be 95% Irish with a good chunk of that being locals for two or three generations. The young who was murdered today was found in Melville which was built around 2006. It is mostly high density duplex type buildings with a high number of renters - a lot of foreign nationals who cause no trouble. The last time I was around there was Christmas and there was a lot of teenagers hanging around the shops. I’ve heard of some incidents in Lanesborough park but nothing like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

It’s similar to Ballyfermot and Coolock/Artane in that you have a good mix of different types of social housing built at different periods to cater for working class Dubs escaping the inner-city, with some traveller settlements around the outskirts. The oldest areas in East Finglas (Ballygall) are the most settled and nicest. Most of Finglas West came next, and large parts of it are really not too bad at all. But you get pockets here and there with newer social housing built since the 70s which tend to bring the surrounding area down a bit. Then you’ve Finglas South almost entirely built in the 70s, and it can seem pretty grim down there, although again some pockets are noticeably worse than others.

Having said all that, wherever you are in Finglas, or Ballyer/Coolock for that matter, it’s still Dublin, not the fecking south side of Chicago, so trouble is generally easily avoided for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

There is a reason there was a dump in finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m just a lad recovering from surgery who’s not at all Garda is the Dublin “edible” scene still blatantly on Facebook gonna need a **** load (thc heavy )

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

People will always say this is a failure of social housing but tbh it always struck me more as a failure of the justice system.

It's pretty clear to see now that the policy of housing hundreds of poorly educated working class families together... a lot of whom were unemployed... in blocks of flats or housing estates... was a disaster. Same issue all around the world.
    The Justice system doesn't solve the problem. Look at America for evidence of that. It also costs a fortune to keep people in prison. I read €1500 per prisoner per week in Ireland. You can't lock up everybody.
    So you tackle the root cause. Prevention is better than cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

Maybe the sentences aren’t long enough lads get ****all for major crimes if they got 30 years minimum it may clean up the Kip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

It's pretty clear to see now that the policy of housing hundreds of poorly educated working class families together... a lot of whom were unemployed... in blocks of flats or housing estates... was a disaster. Same issue all around the world.
    The Justice system doesn't solve the problem. Look at America for evidence of that. It also costs a fortune to keep people in prison. I read €1500 per prisoner per week in Ireland. You can't lock up everybody.

Free education, cheap accommodation and living at the heart of a booming city; what’s not to like about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

What's your solution so considering sentences in this country are incredibly easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

What's your solution so considering sentences in this country are incredibly easy

Sterilisation

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Mrlouth wrote: »
    Any names on that stabbing in finglas? V. Sad

Her kids were with her aswell very sad. Seen it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Her kids were with her aswell very sad. Seen it all

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2021/0418/1210544-finglas-murder/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Looks to me from spelling that the original whistleblower,aka the monk, is now Phoenix park zoo on twitter
    Monk will never get charged

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Looks to me from spelling that the original whistleblower,aka the monk, is now Phoenix park zoo on twitter
    Monk will never get charged

I understand parts of what theyre saying, which they have a point regarding warnings about shootings not being passed on.

Who is it who's about to be charged though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Speedline wrote: »
    I understand parts of what theyre saying, which they have a point regarding warnings about shootings not being passed on.

Who is it who's about to be charged though?

I suppose nobody knows anybody when asked by the GSOC.

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/kinahan-cartel-mobsters-mum-weds-former-top-detective-as-cab-closes-in-on-property-and-cash-39556614.html

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

I’m just a lad recovering from surgery who’s not at all Garda is the Dublin “edible” scene still blatantly on Facebook gonna need a **** load (thc heavy )

Tried a load of them street edibles and theres no way they are legitimate, Ive had the real deal sent from the States through the dark web and theres no comparison, the street ones are just empty packets bought on Wish and filled with synthetic crap and a bit of weed flavouring

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tried a load of them street edibles and theres no way they are legitimate, Ive had the real deal sent from the States through the dark web and theres no comparison, the street ones are just empty packets bought on Wish and filled with synthetic crap and a bit of weed flavouring

That’s exactly what I don’t need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

This exactly.

I’ve had the legit ones from Canada and California. Great buzz.

However, I’ve stupidly tried the ones in Ireland. The packs are clearly stock ordered from wish.com and amazon (can find them yourselves.)

Thes one I did in Ireland were laced with either acid or some other sh1te but it defo wasn’t thc. I did with 4/5 other lads we all terrible trips, thank fcuk two of the girls there didn’t touch them otherwise one of us was going to hospital. My mate was fully convinced he was dying and had to sit in a cold shower for about 15 mins.

Chap we bought them off got a few slaps and rightly so.

Lesson, don’t touch them unless they are legitimate from the US or Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Moochbg78 wrote: »
    gw and cs owed 200k to him

I remember reading that DK wanted nothing to do with EARS. Is DK supplying most of the country like?

BIG is hardly getting from him aswell is he? Never hear of any other big time Irish wholesalers about from CANCER

Advertisement