Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There was 4 shooters on the day wasn't there?
    3 have been named widely, flat cap and the drag were obvious and one was meant to be a certain someone who was shot but survived. Has it ever been suggested JD was involved?

unless he was one of the gunmen dressed as ERU.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

unless he was one of the gunmen dressed as ERU.

Harry, Mago, Flatcap, Patrick H, was Dowdall the pilot in the van?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

BoojumBum wrote: »
    Harry, Mago, Flatcap, Patrick H, was Dowdall the pilot in the van?

Harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Hes already in jail apparently...is he in for the incident when he abducted someone along with his aul fella?

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Hes already in jail apparently...is he in for the incident when he abducted someone along with his aul fella?

Yeah 12 year

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GameChanger

Yup. Rented a room in the Regency, Credit Card receipt led the Guards to their front door. Searching the house they found a UBC stick, of the waterboarding incident. Him and his old man in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was Patrick Dowdall ever arrested/charged/prosecuted for a crime before 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

was Patrick Dowdell ever arrested/charged/prosecuted for a crime before 2016

Search in newspaper archives would suggest not.

• Advertisement

Anyone know whatever happened to that red knacker Gera Byrne over getting nicked with the strap in Wexford with Dan Delaney a few year ago? Did he ever get charged or sentenced?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭POBox19

was Patrick Dowdell ever arrested/charged/prosecuted for a crime before 2016

Currently both are serving time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/former-sf-councillor-and-father-have-jail-terms-cut-in-waterboading-case-1.3471046

POBox19 wrote: »
    was Patrick Dowdall ever arrested/charged/prosecuted for a crime before 2016

POBox19 wrote: »

Aye but I think OP was asking if Patrick or Johnahan Dowdall had any convictions/charges before March 2016 when they were arrested regarding the false imprisonment incident in Jan 2015

1968 wrote: »
    Aye but I think OP was asking if Patrick or Johnahan Dowdall had any convictions/charges before March 2016 when they were arrested regarding the false imprisonment incident in Jan 2015

really they were raided because of the Regency and the Gardai happened upon the footage of the kidnapping

really they were raided because of the Regency and the Gardai happened upon the footage of the kidnapping

Yes, true enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Yes that is only becoming clear, at least to me, now. They would have gotten away with the false imprisonment otherwise.

Incidentally, re all these knowalls on social media that claim to have the inside track, did any of them even hint at Dowdall's alleged involvement in the last 5 years?

What’s people’s opinions of the SCC on here? Does anyone agree with non-jury courts for trials?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What’s people’s opinions of the SCC on here? Does anyone agree with non-jury courts for trials?

As a country we are a small population. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows the person. If you have a large criminal organisation with a large reach, then it wouldn't be hard to track down a juror and intimidate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Only one's that don't are the ones tried in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 WeeLad90

Majority if not all of people before special cc are already guilty in judges eyes.. apart from Patrick and that major **** up by the dics in ballymun has anyone else even walked free from SCC ? I can’t think of one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

tipptom wrote: »
    Haladmirer wrote: »

Thats not what he said in reply to have putting the "WE" in that post,he said it was a spelling mistake,dont know what he spelt "WE" wrong for?

He is phrasing all his posts directly to the cops since the arrest warrant was issued with the open threat that if this goes to court that WE will bring out stuff in public about the cops that will make them regret it so they should drop the case.

I couldnt give a sh*t what side he is on but he is deeper in with the Hutches than he represents himself and is not balanced in his view and there seems to be very little gossip of the Hutches exploits

I enjoy his gossip but i just dont drink his brand of Koolaid as regards the Hutches,and his posts since the arrest warrant has been escalating wildly and are far and above an outsider just been pro Hutch because he thinks they were ODCs.
    He more or less said who he was here at 1 point,so hes very open about it without flat out saying it
    And im guessing hes very interested in these warrants that are starting to fly around
    In regards the cop threats as you say,they are just playing the cards they have left,i think its a bit late in the game for that myself now.,they should have been saying all that stuff long ago and it might have worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Incidentally, re all these knowalls on social media that claim to have the inside track, did any of them even hint at Dowdall's alleged involvement in the last 5 years?

I believe a couple of posters in the previous threads hinted at J Dowdall. I think their accounts are banned/inactive which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

WeeLad90 wrote: »
    Majority if not all of people before special cc are already guilty in judges eyes.. apart from Patrick and that major **** up by the dics in ballymun has anyone else even walked free from SCC ? I can’t think of one

Majority of cases end in conviction but not all

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ruling-may-change-way-ira-cases-are-tried-1.4108719%3fmode=amp

WeeLad90 wrote: »

I don’t agree with SCC 100% and not sure Patrick H is the only case in recent memory I can think of when someone has walked free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lord_Slong2

Lads GG/Whistleblower isn’t one person. There’s at least two names (well known names) that run the account. It’s pointless trying to have a non biased convo with GG they’re standing by their beliefs. Right or wrong that has to be respected.

When Ears was lifted the Gardai thought they hit the jackpot, they didn’t. When the certificate of analysis comes back they’ll be sorely disappointed because there’s more sniff on a brazzers g-string from last weeks session.

Also, a few users did mention JD in relation to the Regency. The capacity he was used in I can’t remember but if he’s charged with murder that’s telling. Just waiting to hear one or two things and I’ll share it.

Lads GG/Whistleblower isn’t one person. There’s at least two names (well known names) that run the account. It’s pointless trying to have a non biased convo with GG they’re standing by their beliefs. Right or wrong that has to be respected.

When Ears was lifted the Gardai thought they hit the jackpot, they didn’t. When the certificate of analysis comes back they’ll be sorely disappointed because there’s more sniff on a brazzers g-string from last weeks session.

Also, a few users did mention JD in relation to the Regency. The capacity he was used in I can’t remember but if he’s charged with murder that’s telling. Just waiting to hear one or two things and I’ll share it.

Someone was arguing with Whistleblower after Ears got nicked with the white and they said it was a box of polyfilla too

I don’t agree with SCC 100% either but when you see the likes of fat Freddie, scumberton, keogh, roo and BF would anyone be comfortable being in a jury convicting them? Most ordinary ppl would be terrified cause of who they are and the people they know there the type of scum that should never be on the streets again hopefully TB is next up with a fresh murder charge he has a few under his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Wasn’t it said at the time the JD and the monk were bugged and caught talking about getting the guns and that’s when they searched JDs gaff? Or am I imagining reading that somewhere?

• Advertisement

I read somewhere at least a year ago about gerrys secret convo with JD, surely monk knew this day was going to come? So he’s probably had a 5 year head start he’s probably chilling out in South America new face no case

Advertisement