Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

You dont make sense

Think he meant he’d never come across him til watching that video

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

WeeLad90 wrote: »
    Since Warrant out for Gerry and JD charged with regency what’s the likelihood of Patrick jr getting charged again or does the nolle pros mean he can’t be charged again?

Unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

BoojumBum wrote: »
    Unlikely

Is it legally possible though. Or is it a case of Double jeopardy. Or does double jeopardy only occur if they are found not quilty as opposed to nolle prosequi

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Steviesol wrote: »
    Is it legally possible though. Or is it a case of Double jeopardy. Or does double jeopardy only occur if they are found not quilty as opposed to nolle prosequi

the DPP could bring him to court again but they are unlikely to do so unless some new evidence emerges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Moochbg78

What was jmg role in regency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 WeeLad90

If not charged, can he sue the state for loss of liberty? He was on remand for nearly 3 years

Is the picture of him in drag enough evidence to convict though? Not sure why they didn’t use facial recognition systems like they did with flat cap allegedly

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is the picture of him in drag enough evidence to convict though? Not sure why they didn’t use facial recognition systems like they did with flat cap allegedly

would you not think it is sufficient? if you are seen running from the scene of a murder with a gun in your hand and matching the description of one of the gunmen then that is pretty conclusive to me. the problem was with the way the identification was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Two guards were told who to say it was in the picture to identify him.
    That's why the case was thrown out.

If not charged, can he sue the state for loss of liberty? He was on remand for nearly 3 years

I wondered that myself.

• Advertisement

This page in a sorry state.. gone down the jacks

One of Kevin lunneys kidnappers just beat a murder charge cops couldn’t use Cctv in trial not sure why... surely they can name him now since his other case is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Alan Harte walks again must be the luckiest man in Ireland or he's an informer one of the 2

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Alan Harte walks again must be the luckiest man in Ireland or he's an informer one of the 2

He won’t be walking for long the Lunney trail supposed to be starting next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

He won’t be walking for long the Lunney trail supposed to be starting next week

He'll probably get a walk on that and all the fella who went into witness protection on the first murder got longer than he did ffs now he could just be lucky but it seems like there's something up.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    He'll probably get a walk on that and all the fella who went into witness protection on the first murder got longer than he did ffs now he could just be lucky but it seems like there's something up.

There’s forensics linking him and another one of the 4 to the van used so I highly doubt he’ll get off on that

You dont make sense

Okay Melvin. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GameChanger

Yup..Gerry AKA Whistleblower, King of the King Rats, is on TV tonight. His Big Time Foray into Boxing, Virgin/Tv3 at 9pm, that's 11pm Puerta Banus. Julio Iglesias Blvd.

A message to Gerry, from his wife and children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21Hxablz_Y

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Yup..Gerry AKA Whistleblower, King of the King Rats, is on TV tonight. His Big Time Foray into Boxing, Virgin/Tv3 at 9pm, that's 11pm Puerta Banus. Julio Iglesias Blvd.

A message to Gerry, from his wife and children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21Hxablz_Y
    The vast majority of us don't have a clue what really goes on in gangland apart from what we read, posters like GG and slong and a few others have a bit of insider knowledge, can you not just shut up and read like the rest of us without spewing complete muck? Your a clueless nobody

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6921953/cop-hacking-operation-gangland-charges-europe-collapse-encrochat/
    I know it's the Sun lads but if it's true a lot of lads will be breathing a sigh of relief if it collapses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GameChanger

The vast majority of us don't have a clue what really goes on in gangland apart from what we read, posters like GG and slong and a few others have a bit of insider knowledge, can you not just shut up and read like the rest of us without spewing complete muck? Your a clueless nobody

Hey Pal.. You mind your side of the street, I'll mind mine. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am. I see now, below you are giving a legal opinion to the lads. Let me say the Guards, are no fools. Maybe get yourself a FAS course or something under the belt, because there is a wind a blowing, and the Lads will be ratting each other out like you wouldn't believe. And it's personal between me and the dirtbag Hutch.

Hey Pal.. You mind your side of the street, I'll mind mine. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am. I see now, below you are giving a legal opinion to the lads. Let me say the Guards, are no fools. Maybe get yourself a FAS course or something under the belt, because there is a wind a blowing, and the Lads will be ratting each other out like you wouldn't believe. And it's personal between me and the dirtbag Hutch.

I'm sharing an article from the Sun not giving legal opinion ffs, I have a full time job and not sure why I would do a FAS course? Don't bother replying, I don't want to clog this thread up anymore than it is

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

It is legally possible. Basically means they aren't going through with it at this time. PH could be recharged

1. Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

I'm sharing an article from the Sun not giving legal opinion ffs, I have a full time job and not sure why I would do a FAS course? Don't bother replying, I don't want to clog this thread up anymore than it is

In fairness, you have clogged it up enough with some amount of pony the last week

2. Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

No credits at start or end of TV3 show..

Can't be too careful. :)

I think a few are on this thread.

3. Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

Noseygit wrote: »

It is legally possible. Basically means they aren't going through with it at this time. PH could be recharged

It looks to me like facial recognition technology couldn't identify PH as the same person as the cross dresser running through the car park. So he had to be identified by the 2 Gardai who said they knew him.
        It looks like the method in which they identified him that day in Ballymun Garda station was legally flawed... and was contested by PHs defence successfully. One possible contributing factor for the Nulle Prosequi by the DPP.

The difficulty now for the DPP in recharging PH would be how could the DPP get any Guard who knew him to give an UNBIASED identification of him as the cross dresser... given the widespread publicity of the previous identification by the 2 Guards saying it was PH in drag.
        PH's defence would claim that any opinion given by any Guard at this stage would be heavily biased towards identifying PH and hence would be unadmissable.
        That's my take on it anyways.

1. Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just wondering about the woman who was attacked last Monday in Dame St and lost her baby. It's claimed her attacker is known to the Guards. Does this mean he is a well known gangland figure?

2. Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

skimpydoo wrote: »
        Just wondering about the woman who was attacked last Monday in Dame St and lost her baby. It's claimed her attacker is known to the Guards. Does this mean he is a well known gangland figure?

Not necessarily; probably just a regular scumbag.
        It struck me that the attacker may well have been known to the woman - just the way it is reported and how you see these junkie couples around town, plenty being put up at taxpayer expense in city center hotels

3. Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6921953/cop-hacking-operation-gangland-charges-europe-collapse-encrochat/
        I know it's the Sun lads but if it's true a lot of lads will be breathing a sigh of relief if it collapses

Just reading that there says the dublin man that shot those two innocent cousins at the garage could now get off ,that's shabani

4. Advertisement
      5. Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Looking like big Dan, money laundering Fury fight in Saudi is turning into a sandstorm.

Advertisement