Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

sucioguapo wrote: »
    Usually 30ish % managemt fee and around 20 to there team who are mtk employees as well.. so thats 50 % of purse in clean money or at least 25 or 30 to the company anyway.. i read that saunders made min $5 mil so anywere from 1.25 - 1.7 for mtk if i am correct.. i know a boxer who i havnt saw in years and also family member was promoter years ago , obv frampton said something diff in court abt mgmt fee so i dunno , very hard to kno how exactly they operate

Yeah. Very hard to know. I'd imagine it would be high risk trying to launder money through high profile bouts like that.
    I had a quick look and it seems that not all companies in Dubai are audited annually... like Ireland.
    Sounds like Dubai is a lot less tight on the financial regulatory end of things.. so maybe it is easy enough to launder the alleged volumes of money in question over there.
    I'm assuming it's all done electronically now anyways. Im sure the 50 euro notes gathered in Ireland and the UK aren't shipped over there like they were for the rhinoceros keeper in Medellin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1968 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but who was Ozzy Fitz?

Any links to online articles?

Tried googling but nothing jumping out.

Two arrested in connection with murder of Tallaght man.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Pat Egan, concert promoter, talking about the Dunne family arriving to Dalymount in 1980 on the day of the Bob Marley gig:

"The thing I remember most from the morning of the gig was the arrival of a couple of gangsters from a notorious Dublin crime family. They got into the backstage area because the bouncers we hired were afraid to stop them. Even though the bouncers were tough guys, they weren’t going to take them on. They wanted to see Bob. They had a present for him.

I said to the crime family boss, “It’s out of my hands. I can’t get you in to see Bob.” He said, “Who’s in charge?” I said, “The tour manager.” The tour manager said, “Nobody sees Bob before the show. It’s not done.” The mob boss had a whisper in his ear.

About 10 minutes later, the tour manager came out and said: “Only one of you can go in – yourself.” So the mob boss went into Bob Marley and presented him with a package with apparently about a pound of dope in it. He knew his entourage wouldn't be able to bring any marijuana through customs so he thought he was doing him a favour."

Link: https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40285697.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

abarkie wrote: »
    I might be wrong but how about this:

10,000 tickets @ £100 given away to friends / hotels / man in street etc etc for 0, but money banked = £1M (but where from?)

Ticket sales of course?

Might be wrong though :eek:
    They could have just sold the tickets and make a 1m profit

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah. Very hard to know. I'd imagine it would be high risk trying to launder money through high profile bouts like that.
    I had a quick look and it seems that not all companies in Dubai are audited annually... like Ireland.
    Sounds like Dubai is a lot less tight on the financial regulatory end of things.. so maybe it is easy enough to launder the alleged volumes of money in question over there.
    I'm assuming it's all done electronically now anyways. Im sure the 50 euro notes gathered in Ireland and the UK aren't shipped over there like they were for the rhinoceros keeper in Medellin.

really? how do you think he gets his hands on it? Some of his money mules have been caught flying out there with serious sums of money

really? how do you think he gets his hands on it? Some of his money mules have been caught flying out there with serious sums of money

I didnt know they were caught with serious sums... do you have a link to that story?
    I'd have imagined he has most of his profits being cleansed in the UK and Ireland. Then maybe invested in something other than property. Gold or other precious metals would be my choice.... easily transported in jewellery form. Hard to go wrong with gold. Great investment and easy to turn in to cash again.

I was basing my assumption on recent convictions of individuals involving money laundering of 6 fig sums over here. So fair to assume there's others, not getting caught, doing it successfully.

Of course the South Americans have to be paid too. Is that electronic or in notes? If you're right he is collecting cash in Dubai in vast sums... changing it in to dollars... and then transporting it covertly on pallets to S America. I would have thought covert electronic transfers would have been in use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

I didnt know they were caught with serious sums... do you have a link to that story?
    I'd have imagined he has most of his profits being cleansed in the UK and Ireland. Then maybe invested in something other than property. Gold or other precious metals would be my choice.... easily transported in jewellery form. Hard to go wrong with gold. Great investment and easy to turn in to cash again.

I was basing my assumption on recent convictions of individuals involving money laundering of 6 fig sums over here. So fair to assume there's others, not getting caught, doing it successfully.

Of course the South Americans have to be paid too. Is that electronic or in notes? If you're right he is collecting cash in Dubai in vast sums... changing it in to dollars... and then transporting it covertly on pallets to S America. I would have thought covert electronic transfers would have been in use?

Hawala is the way they transfer most of their cash to then change into gold and other valuable items elsewhere.

https://www.clearcurrency.co.uk/stories/what-is-hawala

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cafflingwunts

A few keys went missing on the weekend belonging to a well known head, consequences will be forthcoming. Watch out folks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

A few keys went missing on the weekend belonging to a well known head, consequences will be forthcoming. Watch out folks

Was this the raid in kilmore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

Any links to his money mules getting caught flying out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Why fly when you can just send BTC

BoojumBum wrote: »
    Any links to his money mules getting caught flying out there?

I remember this guy https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/male-models-570k-cash-stash-seized-31522541.html
    Now he was going to brussels not dubai but the same principal applies. they generate a lot of cash and they need multiple ways to move it around.

and not forgetting the two wans who went to dubai for a boob job recently with a lot of cash but never actually got any surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

jackrussel wrote: »

they would (should) never use BTC - BTC is traceable - once you know the wallet code you can see everything on the ledger - public knowledge - they wouldn't even need a warrant . me or you could look it up online and trace the money. Thats the cornerstone of public blockchains of which BTC is, it's all public.

Never use BTC for buying/selling only storing value.

monero is where it's at for privacy.

zcash was good but now they are "cooperating".....so avoid that too.

how do you buy the bitcoin with the bags of cash the street dealers get?

I remember this guy https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/male-models-570k-cash-stash-seized-31522541.html
    Now he was going to brussels not dubai but the same principal applies. they generate a lot of cash and they need multiple ways to move it around.

and not forgetting the two wans who went to dubai for a boob job recently with a lot of cash but never actually got any surgery.

Yeah I’ve seen a few caught flying out there with money but where does it say they’re linked to the Kinahans or how does anyone know they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

You go to somebody who will sell you bitcoin for cash

I don’t know about you but I don’t buy my weed with cash - all crypto.

You’d often see sellers looking to buy BTC wallets with cash

I don’t know about you but I don’t buy my weed with cash - all crypto.

You’d often see sellers looking to buy BTC wallets with cash

Its a couple of years since I bought a bit of herb but it was always cash. Im laughing to myself thinking people are buying drugs with bitcoin. But it makes perfect sense as all other commodities are bought that way.

So would it be fair to say that the big players residing in the desert are being paid by a combination of cash notes, bitcoin, electronic money transfers and precious metals?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2021/05/09/news/irish-news/hutch-hiding-the-monk-in-romania-but-gardai-fear-master-of-disguise-will-never-be-caught/amp

Monk supposedly in Romania. I doubt he'll evade the law forever, but he's obviously hoping he will. Hard for his family, even if they control his property portfolio, well off, but without Ger. Run rabbit, run ��

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lord_Slong2

HairyFeet wrote: »
    Was this the raid in kilmore?

No lad, this happened in a stash house. A few kg’s of Ricky Lake. A name already is circulating. He’s going to be left in a bad way or dead.

MH also got a 3 years for shooting at KF. One of Harpo’s lads let a volley of shots off at one of Clondalkin crew on Sunday too. I didn’t see that reported anywhere

Its a couple of years since I bought a bit of herb but it was always cash. Im laughing to myself thinking people are buying drugs with bitcoin. But it makes perfect sense as all other commodities are bought that way.

So would it be fair to say that the big players residing in the desert are being paid by a combination of cash notes, bitcoin, electronic money transfers and precious metals?

Kinda funny when AnPost are the biggest drug couriers in the country!

How much space do you think €1M of Crypto takes up compared to €1M cash? It’s a lot easier to carry around, that’s for sure.

There needs to be some clear rules established for what is on/off topic here, because we get some quality content like GG or lord_slong and then we have ****ing pages of gob****es talking about how they buy their grass. Conversation should be centred around gangland activity, not your ****ey little 'herb' habit that you source online from people completely unrelated to Irish gangland activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Don't forget diamonds too

There needs to be some clear rules established for what is on/off topic here, because we get some quality content like GG or lord_slong and then we have ****ing pages of gob****es talking about how they buy their grass. Conversation should be centred around gangland activity, not your ****ey little 'herb' habit that you source online from people completely unrelated to Irish gangland activity.

Go out and do something for us to talk about so!

(Don’t actually do that)

Nicola Talant's new podcast on Oliver Bond, she names Greg Lynch as the oliver bond kingpin. Don't hear him mentioned much on here

https://www.sundayworld.com/podcasts/crime-world-podcast/crime-world-podcast-extra-the-kinahan-cartels-inner-city-drugs-supermarket-40414119.html

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theo_parrish

Kinda funny when AnPost are the biggest drug couriers in the country!

How much space do you think €1M of Crypto takes up compared to €1M cash? It’s a lot easier to carry around, that’s for sure.

Customs have seriously upped their game in the last year though.

Have always wondered how dealers that get their weed shipped in get away with it, getting boxes of weed shipped in non stop - do they pay people to use their address for shipping or how does it work?

Nicola Talant's new podcast on Oliver Bond, she names Greg Lynch as the oliver bond kingpin. Don't hear him mentioned much on here

https://www.sundayworld.com/podcasts/crime-world-podcast/crime-world-podcast-extra-the-kinahan-cartels-inner-city-drugs-supermarket-40414119.html

He keeps himself out of the limelight the past few year

I would have thought a discussion about how the biggest drug gangs in the country go about money laundering was on topic. Might not be to everyone's liking but I suppose nobody is being forced to read the posts. Are they?

• Advertisement

Customs have seriously upped their game in the last year though.

Have always wondered how dealers that get their weed shipped in get away with it, getting boxes of weed shipped in non stop - do they pay people to use their address for shipping or how does it work?

Imagine 100 boxes are coming in everyday, customs are lucky to get 5 a day, yeah people get paid buttons to use their addresses

Advertisement