Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

jeez you are obsessed with the kinahans. they weren't being discussed but you still have to mention them.

Hes not the full shilling.. seems to think tht he is actively involved as a soldier on the hutch side by posting drivel on this page constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BoojumBum wrote: »
    There is no hope in hell Gerry Hutch is travelling the world with 30 million in cash and anyone who believes he is would want to be innocent and naive or outright thick
    Well, It's €29,998,210.50 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

There is no hope in hell Gerry Hutch is travelling the world with 30 million in cash and anyone who believes he is would want to be innocent and naive or outright thick

Walking around with 30m on him at all times . Ffs haha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

stingrayed wrote: »
    my apologies you are correct the kinahans are not in gangland anymore, only money laundering murder and drugs and weapons dealing. :D

seriously, seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Just came across this thread by chance. Its fascinating. I'm confused by all the GL, TB, LB etc. though some are obvious DK, FF etc. Can anyone recommend a decent book or articles (Apart from the Nicola Tallant one a few pages back) that can educate me further on the whos who etc. TIA

I've an interest in published work re: Irish gangland so hopefully I can help.

For more recent stuff, there are three books by Stephen Breen which are decent. Tabloid-y but not to the extent of Sunday World etc. There's a certain overlap in stories/key events across the three books so you might find yourself reading about things x3.
    • The Cartel - Stephen Breen & ‎Owen Conlon (2017)
    • Fat Freddie - Stephen Breen (2019)
    • The Hitmen - Stephen Breen & ‎Owen Conlon (2021)

Another new book is The Monk by Paul Williams (2021). I'm not a big fan of his but Badfellas (2011) is a decent overall history of Irish organised crime going back to the late 1960s.

For more '90s/'00s based stories:
    • Gangster (John Gilligan) - John Mooney (2015)
    • King Scum (Tony Felloni) - Paul Reynolds (2004)
    • The Viper (Martin Foley) - Mick McCaffrey (2012)
    • Cocaine Wars (Crumlin feud) - Mick McCaffrey (2011)

If you want to go back to the '80s with Dunne family etc, try to get your hands on Smack by Padraig Yeates & Sean Flynn (1985). It's fantastic. But it won't help ya understand all the initials bouncing around this thread!

For memoir:
    • Rough Justice - Maurice Bo Bo Ward with John Mooney (2011) (He was shot dead in 2002)
    • Miracle of Fatima Mansions - Shay Byrne (2015) (Insight into drug scene from a former addict)

There's also a pretty good chapter in Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter in Ireland - John Burke & Eoghan Rice (2006) looking at all gangland murders in Ireland from 01 Jan 2000 - 31 Dec 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Stephen Breen from the s*n? He has "according to sources" as an autotype button on his keyboard.

"A Lithuanian fugitive who featured on Europol’s Most Wanted list while living in Ireland under a false identity has denied murdering his best friend during a gang dispute.

Marius Civinskas (37) had managed to spend 13 years evading authorities who were seeking him in relation to the murder of an associate shot dead in Lithuania in 2006.

Civinskas, who denies carrying out the murder, fled the country after the killing and was initially believed to be in other parts of Europe before settling in Ireland, where he started a family."

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/fugitive-who-was-hiding-in-ireland-for-13-years-denies-murdering-best-pal-40432188.html

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

1968 wrote: »

For more recent stuff, there are three books by Stephen Breen which are decent. Tabloid-y but not to the extent of Sunday World etc. There's a certain overlap in stories/key events across the three books so you might find yourself reading about things x3.

That's great thanks so much. lots there to get my teeth into. I've had some assistance on the initials so I'm going to start back from the beginning of the thread and work my way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

Is Paul Crosby the only person charged with the actual murder so far or has anyone else been charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

That's great thanks so much. lots there to get my teeth into. I've had some assistance on the initials so I'm going to start back from the beginning of the thread and work my way through.

Yep. You'll find the full names of all initialled by searching the 4 gangland threads.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

1968 wrote: »

• The Cartel - Stephen Breen & ‎Owen Conlon (2017)
      • Fat Freddie - Stephen Breen (2019)
      • The Hitmen - Stephen Breen & ‎Owen Conlon (2021)

Another new book is The Monk by Paul Williams (2021). I'm not a big fan of his but Badfellas (2011) is a decent overall history of Irish organised crime going back to the late 1960s.

For more '90s/'00s based stories:
      • Gangster (John Gilligan) - John Mooney (2015)
      • King Scum (Tony Felloni) - Paul Reynolds (2004)
      • The Viper (Martin Foley) - Mick McCaffrey (2012)
      • Cocaine Wars (Crumlin feud) - Mick McCaffrey (2011)

If you want to go back to the '80s with Dunne family etc, try to get your hands on Smack by Padraig Yeates & Sean Flynn (1985). It's fantastic. But it won't help ya understand all the initials bouncing around this thread!

For memoir:
      • Rough Justice - Maurice Bo Bo Ward with John Mooney (2011) (He was shot dead in 2002)
      • Miracle of Fatima Mansions - Shay Byrne (2015) (Insight into drug scene from a former addict)

There's also a pretty good chapter in Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter in Ireland - John Burke & Eoghan Rice (2006) looking at all gangland murders in Ireland from 01 Jan 2000 - 31 Dec 2005.

Lol..bolli*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Yep. You'll find the full names of all initialled by searching the 4 gangland threads.

Surprised it took so long if I'm honest.

"Two Dublin brothers, convicted of murdering a gunman who they "chopped" and ran over with a car after he shot at their home, have argued on appeal that they were left with "a Hobson's choice" after the trial judge failed to discharge the jury.

Counsel for Jason Bradley and Dean Bradley submitted to the three-judge panel today that the trial judge had erred in failing to discharge the jury when asked to do so, in circumstances which were unfair to their clients."

In July 2018, Jason Bradley (23) and Dean Bradley (27) of Liscarne Gardens, Dublin 22 were sentenced to life imprisonment after they were found guilty of the murder of 36-year-old Neil Reilly at Esker Glebe in Lucan, Dublin on January 18, 2017.

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/dublin-brothers-convicted-of-murdering-gunman-appeal-their-sentences-40424442.html

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

theballz wrote: »
        Surprised it took so long if I'm honest.

You've lost me there. Surprised what took so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Norrie7

There all fighting with each other izer and his sons against their cousins mousey beat Stephen with a hammer one side after joining up with well known people in limerick the others joining up with locals

Who from Limerick?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just came across this thread by chance. Its fascinating. I'm confused by all the GL, TB, LB etc. though some are obvious DK, FF etc. Can anyone recommend a decent book or articles (Apart from the Nicola Tallant one a few pages back) that can educate me further on the whos who etc. TIA
        If you wish to retain access to this thread, and indeed for anyone who decides they can avoid naming people by using initials, I would suggest reading the Opening Post (as instructed in the thread title)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Wilder will be offered the biggest "step aside money" in the history of the sport! This is where DK gets involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is Paul Crosby the only person charged with the actual murder so far or has anyone else been charged?

Isn’t the bloke who owns/lives in that kippy looking gaff also charged??

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Beasty wrote: »
        If you wish to retain access to this thread, and indeed for anyone who decides they can avoid naming people by using initials, I would suggest reading the Opening Post (as instructed in the thread title)

OK sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Which guy?

Lol..bolli*

Not sure what this comment was about to be honest but if you want to read some of my own research/work:

1979-89 gangland murders in Dublin

https://comeheretome.com/2020/04/08/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1970s-80s/

1990-94 gangland murders in Dublin

https://comeheretome.com/2020/04/17/gangland-murders-in-dublin-1990-94/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

Wilder will be offered the biggest "step aside money" in the history of the sport! This is where DK gets involved

No need to be a good boxer anymore, just have a good lawyer, MTK have wrecked the sport, thought Don King was a snake, cancer takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

that crosby lad looks like he hasnt showered in months, bang of dirt off him - hopefully never sees the light of day again

No need to be a good boxer anymore, just have a good lawyer, MTK have wrecked the sport, thought Don King was a snake, cancer takes the biscuit.

3 of the best heavyweights of our time , which isnt a good boxer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Which guy?

Owner of the gaff where the young fella got killed and chopped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Seriously lad, take a rest.
        What are you even on about? What has DK got to do with Wilder triggering a rematch. It was in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

I can’t find it online, it said Crosby was the second person to be charged with his murder yesterday on the news sites but all I can find is Rocky Cruise getting charged with helping clean up the house or dispose of the body or suttim, can’t find who else has been charged with the murder

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

GMcK? Was arrested a while ago in relation to it, don't think it was for 'murder' though.

Advertisement