Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Is Jay O Connor and Mikey due to be released hence the supposed GIM?

He was released in Feb according to this.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6631656/mob-boss-jason-oconnor-hiding-release-jail/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

By the look of him he flipped when his Just Eat got lost en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Not all bad news for Paul Crosby he's had his sentence reduced for burning the car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Beasty wrote: »
    Never post information if there is a news blackout.
    Out of the case how could I know there is news blackout and is this enforced by law or it is regulated some other way? Cant see anything about it in board's T&C or OP post?

Great I can still edit it - I was reading about gun crime situation in Sweden and I came across interesting researches and chart from 2019 probably - rates of lethal gun violence among males 15 to 29 years for 13 European countries:

10610_2018_9387_Fig5_HTML.gif

Source: Increased Gun Violence Among Young Males in Sweden: a Descriptive National Survey and International Comparison:
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10610-018-9387-0

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Not all bad news for Paul Crosby he's had his sentence reduced for burning the car:D

He's facing life soon. Charged with murder. Him and others.
    Bravo 👏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

BoojumBum wrote: »
    That’s the truth and any young junkie in Dublin now seem to be from down the country

That doesn't make sense. I get your point, but to say that majority of junkies in Dublin originate outside the county is not accurate. Majority are dublin based according to the clinics,. I would say that the supports in Dublin has attracted more to the city because elsewhere supports don't exist. Hope you respectively get my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭BoojumBum

That doesn't make sense. I get your point, but to say that majority of junkies in Dublin originate outside the county is not accurate. Majority are dublin based according to the clinics,. I would say that the supports in Dublin has attracted more to the city because elsewhere supports don't exist. Hope you respectively get my point.

The majority of YOUNG junkies, fresh faces young 18-21, obviously as a whole there’s more actual junkies from Dublin but the young fresh faces ya see tappin round the city are from down the country imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭corner of hells

BoojumBum wrote: »
    The majority of YOUNG junkies, fresh faces young 18-21, obviously as a whole there’s more actual junkies from Dublin but the young fresh faces ya see tappin round the city are from down the country imo

They're not , theres no particular change in where young addicts are coming from. Ive worked in addiction services and in homeless services and theres nothing specific to suggest theres a surge in younger addicts presenting from outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

To keep with the new theme of the thread, discussing absolute bollox, anyone having anything nice for their tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hoboo wrote: »
    To keep with the new theme of the thread, discussing absolute bollox, anyone having anything nice for their tea?

Tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TruthHurts1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Has anyone considered your man last night maybe knew the game was up and figured it was a good way to get himself chucked in Dundrum for a while? Free drugs and safer than any prison.

Of course he could have just flipped out, but you don't usually last over 20 years in the game, when all the lads you started with are long dead, without being some way cute.

The scenes of coming out in the nip just seemed a bit funny.
    He's been successful at going to both the drum and the joy in the past anyway and both have helped him live longer than some of the others. His brother is also lucky to be alive on at least one occasion before too. They might have taken care of Madser G and his bro but got the wrong man in the pigeon club. I'd say the pigeons will eventually come home to roost on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Few joints

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

He's facing life soon. Charged with murder. Him and others.
    Bravo 👏

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

For a point of reference re sentencing, Bottler got 15 years without hitting anybody, and this fella 10 (out in 7.5)

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:colgcGVjs68J:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/dublin-man-who-shot-garda-sentenced-to-12-years-1.898123+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

I might be wrong but I believe consecutive sentences are generally only given if a perp was already on bail at the time of the offence.

My bet- 16 years, out in 12.

Or six months if he draws Judge Nolan.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Really?

He’s up for KMW murder isn’t he?

What is the story with JOC and those Halpin fools? A few years ago a relative of theirs gave an interview begging him to leave them alone- he had it in his head that they were directly involved in the attempt on him at the pigeon club that claimed his life and had been after them ever since. Yet not long ago I saw a FB photo of him from when he was released from prison and a close relative of the two lads was saying welcome back, great to see you home etc, she seems to be great friends with his missus.

Ken Foy on Nicola Tallant's podcast just there said JOC had opened fire on the Gullys outside Blanch Garda Stn in 2004. I could have sworn that the Glennons did that, and that incident was ultimately what led to their own deaths, that the Gullys and JOC had fallen out much later than this?

An ongoing 10 plus year feud with neither main protagonist killed must be some sort of record. Dunno why JOC doesn't just cash in his chips and flee abroad- he has been shot at, beaten, had a finger chopped off with bolt cutters, his home attacked only the other month by the look of it.

Why exactly has he fled Dublin now, what reason has the feud recently become even more heated than before?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

For a point of reference re sentencing, Bottler got 15 years without hitting anybody, and this fella 10 (out in 7.5)

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:colgcGVjs68J:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/dublin-man-who-shot-garda-sentenced-to-12-years-1.898123+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

I might be wrong but I believe consecutive sentences are generally only given if a perp was already on bail at the time of the offence.

My bet- 16 years, out in 12.

Or six months if he draws Judge Nolan.

Irish judges are allergic to consecutive sentences.

Irish judges are allergic to consecutive sentences.

Either way, it looks like by the time he is 50 Goulding will have spent close on 25 years in prison between this, the drug charge for which he must have done 7.5, the witness threatening that got about 2 years, probably a few smaller stints. Maybe even saw Oberstown/ Pats once or twice.

32 years an adult by then and 25 of those spent in prison. Going from once having money to burn, sessions every night, birds on tap, to being a morbidly obese lunatic still living in the family home at age 38, going down for 12 plus after throwing a paranoid wobbler. What a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Either way, it looks like by the time he is 50 Goulding will have spent close on 25 years in prison between this, the drug charge for which he must have done 7.5, the witness threatening that got about 2 years, probably a few smaller stints. Maybe even saw Oberstown/ Pats once or twice.

32 years an adult by then and 25 of those spent in prison. Going from once having money to burn, sessions every night, birds on tap, to being a morbidly obese lunatic still living in the family home at age 38, going down for 12 plus after throwing a paranoid wobbler. What a fall.

David threatened the witness over the stabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,577 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

to being a morbidly obese lunatic still living in the family home at age 38, going down for 12 plus after throwing a paranoid wobbler.

Ahhhhhhh. Living the dream

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Noseygit wrote: »
    David threatened the witness over the stabbing

Over the stabbing or over Darren Larkin blasting Abi with a shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ahhhhhhh. Living the dream

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Some looking at the stars with a few foot of clay or concrete over them.

Tallant on TV3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Faugheen wrote: »
    He’s up for KMW murder isn’t he?

Yeah he’s going away for a long time. That sentence reduction is fairly irrelevant thankfully - horrible fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Did Mr Blobby but on a covid stone or 3?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

LMHC wrote: »
    Over the stabbing or over Darren Larkin blasting Abi with a shotgun?

Ah that's it,Daniel threatened the lad from the plex,David threatened the lad that was stabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Can only assume Ireland was not included in this survey of 22 European countries, as while Sweden's gun-related murder rate has increased significantly since 2000, so has ours. Or possibly we were already quite high back in 2000?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/26/fatal-shootings-have-risen-in-sweden-despite-fall-across-europe-report-finds

Edit: ok, so I see from another poster's post a few pages back that we are included and are second highest after Sweden. Hence, Sweden is not, as the writer incorrectly states, way higher than every single other country in Europe..

Guardian article is appalling journalism. Basical glaring factual inaccuracies. The sap who wrote it must think Ireland is somehow still part of the UK, which would be more akin to the Torygraph line of thinking. I would expect better from a paper which claims to be left-liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Funniest comment I’ve read in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Actually in the last 12 or so month we are at levels of gun crime not seen since the early 90's. Heroin addiction among teenagers and young adults is nearly non existent. Car thefts aren't a fraction of the rates they were in the 70's to 90''s. Dissident republicans are a spent force. Bank robberies, cash in transit robberies, tiger kidnaps, all either no longer exist or exist at a much smaller level to even a decade ago.

But don't let hyperbole get in the way of all that.

Cocaine use is way up compared to 70s-90s and crack cocaine has become something of a problem, though it shouldn't be overstated and is nowhere near as bad as experienced in some US cities in the crack epidemic of the late 80s. But you're basically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Can only assume Ireland was not included in this survey of 22 European countries, as while Sweden's gun-related murder rate has increased significantly since 2000, so has ours. Or possibly we were already quite high back in 2000?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/26/fatal-shootings-have-risen-in-sweden-despite-fall-across-europe-report-finds

Edit: ok, so I see from another poster's post a few pages back that we are included and are second highest after Sweden. Hence, Sweden is not, as the writer incorrectly states, way higher than every single other country in Europe..

Guardian article is appalling journalism. Basical glaring factual inaccuracies. The sap who wrote it must think Ireland is somehow still part of the UK, which would be more akin to the Torygraph line of thinking. I would expect better from a paper which claims to be left-liberal.

They're saying Sweden had the highest growth. And they are the highest anyway. The numbers are skewed either way by both countries relatively small populations (especially Ireland's), we have very few murders outside of gangland and mad farmers losing the plot. There'd be more knife murders in London on its own than murders of any kind in Ireland in a given year.

• Advertisement

Haaa weres stingeayed with a few facts and a bit of reality when ye need him

Advertisement