Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Yes you’re correct. The poster above is also spot on. Very evil set of brother, bar one who’s the ‘normal’ one. The sister is even on the spectrum we’re talking about. I almost forget to mention the JD is due for release too, he’ll spend a bit of time in Shelton Abbey first I believe. Whilst we’re on this family, the oldest brother is probably the most evil man I’ve ever came across. He’s a stone cold psycho, I’ve heard some really harrowing stuff that he’s responsible for.

Unbelievable that he's getting early release. He's only 10 years into a life sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

That observation is spot on, but this family are different in a spine spine chilling way, all bar one of them. Notorious doesn’t even do a good job in collectively describing them. The oldest is a person you wouldn’t want to owe money for anything to.

My brother was locked up with him, described him as a real nutter, no remorse, etc. Head case. Linked to many unsolved stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Had Willie Maughan any convictions or mixed up with any criminal gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Yes you’re correct. The poster above is also spot on. Very evil set of brother, bar one who’s the ‘normal’ one. The sister is even on the spectrum we’re talking about. I almost forget to mention the JD is due for release too, he’ll spend a bit of time in Shelton Abbey first I believe. Whilst we’re on this family, the oldest brother is probably the most evil man I’ve ever came across. He’s a stone cold psycho, I’ve heard some really harrowing stuff that he’s responsible for.

Filthy horrible family.

Heard the same. One of the last people to be seen with WM too if I remember someone telling me years ago.

Pack of scumbags the whole lotta them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lord_Slong2

I don’t know how to multi quote, sorry.

1: Yes you’re totally correct about JD getting out early, I’d wager that he won’t be out for long before he returns to the inside.

2: The stuff he commits whilst inside would shock most people. You wouldn’t want to be on his wrong side.

3: There isn’t a suitable word to describe them all.

The 3 comments are in reply to the posters above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

tipptom wrote: »

He was part of the CP gang.

tipptom wrote: »

If I’m not mistaken he was murdered out of paranoia. It was feared he’d talk about a previous murder. I could be wrong in regards to this. Apologies if I have this mixed up with something else

If I’m not mistaken he was murdered out of paranoia. It was feared he’d talk about a previous murder. I could be wrong in regards to this. Apologies if I have this mixed up with something else

No that’s right. They were paranoid he was gonna give up details about the Benny Whitehouse murder.

There was talk WM Mrs was raped before being killed. Absolute animals. She was pregnant at the time too.

Eyes1 wrote: »
    No that’s right. They were paranoid he was gonna give up details about the Benny Whitehouse murder.

There was talk WM Mrs was raped before being killed. Absolute animals. She was pregnant at the time too.

Very cruel what they did. Allegedly the guy facing life (Pc) was there, but he fell out with them etc. The guy referred to as the "gimp" by another poster knows all. His hands are dirty. Terrible thing on WM and that girl, they didn't deserve what happened. With all the technology today, surely it could be traced, buy hey its only my opinion as it was a shocking thing.

• Advertisement

And yes, that "funny eyed" younger brother, did it. He is an absolute sick man. Although we cannot name him, posters know who that guy is. Its absolutely shameful they weren't done.

Apparently CP Mrs involved too.

And yes, that "funny eyed" younger brother, did it. He is an absolute sick man. Although we cannot name him, posters know who that guy is. Its absolutely shameful they weren't done.

Stabbed a fella to death before didn’t he?

Brother was gonna get the head slapped off him so he called upon wonky eye and the other nutter brother to do his dirty work. Killed the fella in front of his 3 kids.

Despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I’d find that hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is there a connection with those bothers and the 17 yr old sentenced today for killing the homeless Romanian man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

A well known criminal from a notorious family done it according to a lot of whispers I heard. Someone here was adamant I was wrong about this, I know for fact it was the person I’m saying

Not the way I heard it. Quite the opposite in fact.

Stabbed a fella to death before didn’t he?

Brother was gonna get the head slapped off him so he called upon wonky eye and the other nutter brother to do his dirty work. Killed the fella in front of his 3 kids.

Despicable.

A few words were passed on a bus. TD went home and told his two brothers about it. WD and JD walked into Tyrone Place and the deceased was there waiting with a hurley, he hadn’t anticipated these two coming for him. A fight broke out and he was stabbed. It should never have gotten that far, unfortunately for Christy it did.

Noseygit wrote: »
    Not the way I heard it. Quite the opposite in fact.

I’m not going to dispute what you heard, who am I to dispute it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kaisersosay

theballz wrote: »

No estate agent involved. I wonder is that standard practice for CAB seized properties? Or is it just that none of them want to get involved on this one for fear of repercussions.
    Whoever made it didn't even tidy the place up for the video. Poor attempt. You'd want plenty of bottle buying that place. Maybe one of the family will go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Noseygit wrote: »
    Unbelievable that he's getting early release. He's only 10 years into a life sentence

The murder was in 2006, I'd assume he was on remand since not long after it. Sentence are generally backdated to date of imprisonment.

17- 18 years after being first sent to prison, that would be a fairly typical release date for most lifers.

There's the odd exception. Offenders deemed a complete danger to random members of the public may be denied this (I'd say Graham Dwyer would fall under this).

The five lads who murdered your man in Limerick and left his nephew for dead in 2003 also haven't been released yet, probably for fear it will all kick off again.

Who in the jaysus would buy it? For 400K even, I wouldn't risk buying it for 10% of that It will no doubt be torched as soon as someone tries taking it. CAB would be better tossing it and making an amenity out of it.

Merchants quay is like the wire. With the weather turning for the better now, I try get out for a decent cycle 3-4 times a week, my route goes along merchants quay and it’s been getting worse and worse over time.

People are openly smoking crack and shooting up in broad daylight. Dealers hanging around selling stuff (may aswell be cans of coke.)

It’s definitely getting worse in Dublin 100%.

Merchants Quay is an absolute kip, got asked was I looking by two lads on push bikes as I walked passed Wood Quay today, at least 7 of them at the steps near the clinic, foil and pipes out in broad daylight.

I ask again- what exactly is the story with crack? Cocaine has been somewhat available in Ireland, at least in Dublin, since at least the 70's. Its availability has rocketed since the mid 90's. Yet crack has only really increased in the last 5 or so years, and at that seems to be confined to a handful of areas- inner city, Darndale, Tallaght, Ballymun, Finglas. Where was it 20 years ago, was even import level cocaine too heavily cut to make crack until recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

No estate agent involved. I wonder is that standard practice for CAB seized properties? Or is it just that none of them want to get involved on this one for fear of repercussions.
    Whoever made it didn't even tidy the place up for the video. Poor attempt. You'd want plenty of bottle buying that place. Maybe one of the family will go for it.

Most of their seizures go to auction, could be any old punter bidding on it not knowing its background.

Probably had to go public sale. I'd imagine they will be trying to sell it for some time

Is this fella an English Romany gypsy as opposed to our own Travellers? Surname certainly seems rare for our ones. Saw a few things indicating he's heavily linked to North of England. Didn't think we had them over here, how did he or his family end up here?

Would I be right in saying travelers in the drug game at a high level is only something seen in the last 20 or so years? Why were they so late to get into it when they were involved in nearly everything else? Would they tend to be the main wholesalers outside of Dublin/ Cork/ Limerick in many counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Merchants Quay is an absolute kip, got asked was I looking by two lads on push bikes as I walked passed Wood Quay today, at least 7 of them at the steps near the clinic, foil and pipes out in broad daylight.

I ask again- what exactly is the story with crack? Cocaine has been somewhat available in Ireland, at least in Dublin, since at least the 70's. Its availability has rocketed since the mid 90's. Yet crack has only really increased in the last 5 or so years, and at that seems to be confined to a handful of areas- inner city, Darndale, Tallaght. Where was it 20 years ago, was even import level cocaine too heavily cut to make crack until recently?

I remember seeing a video from back in 2005 of someone smoking crack on the 75 bus in Rathfarnham. It's been around for sure, most junkies buy heroin and crack together.

Next up is Meth, if that gets hold of Dublin then we might have to worry about different kinds of addicts around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Most of their seizures go to auction, could be any old punter bidding on it not knowing its background.

Probably had to go public sale. I'd imagine they will be trying to sell it for some time

It wouldn't surprise me if Fred Sines bought it and 'rented' it back to Liam Byrne.

I remember seeing a video from back in 2005 of someone smoking crack on the 75 bus in Rathfarnham. It's been around for sure, most junkies buy heroin and crack together.

Next up is Meth, if that gets hold of Dublin then we might have to worry about different kinds of addicts around the city.

Oh it's been around forever, but back in the early 2000's I believe it was sold by Nigerians who were getting mules to carry in a kilo or two of very pure stuff in their luggage. Yet today you don't tend to hear of it predominating in areas where they live (Balbriggan, parts of Blanch)

I'm wondering why it took so long for Irish lads to get into dealing it, was it because the kilos of stuff brought in by truck from Spain was usually already too cut to make it.

Certainly in the 2000's I never recall much of this "100 quid for 1.5 mixed or 90 for 0.8 of flake" offers like you see these days, it was mixed and generally not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

• Advertisement

I just think it is absolutely mad to get out of bed on Tuesday morning and finish the day by walking out your door not to return for circa 15 years.

Advertisement